Blair's Columbia 26 Forum

none

Blair's Columbia 26 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FREE Columbia 26 MkII !

Well, boys and girls - my 1971 MkII (#916) is available again. A guy named Sam Craig from somewhere in IL jerked me around for 2 months, then said he changed his mind. So..........if you scroll down and look at my previous post about this Nov '04, you can get all the details. Same boat, same deal. Let me know...

Re: FREE Columbia 26 MkII !

Chris, you need to check the tax codes for 2005. You can only use the actual selling price of the donated item as the basis for your deduction. In other words, you can only get a reciept AFTER the sale, and only for the ACTUAL amount the item SOLD for.
Larry Wilson
Richmond,Va

Re: Re: FREE Columbia 26 MkII !

...I'll worry about that later. For now, I want to GIVE this boat away. It is in the water (floating on the surface) near Chincoteague, VA. As previously described, it is in good original condition, and if you bring another outboard to drop in the hole, can be safely sailed away. However, in the interest of prudent seamanship, I strongly advise taking possession and trailering it to your home port.

Re: FREE Columbia 26 MkII !

Well.....since nobody wants a FREE boat, this 1971 Columbia 26 MkII is now available for $1000 CASH! It is worth far more - scroll down to see description below. The outboard in the hole is no longer serviceable, so bring your own. The boat is docked in the water near Chincoteague, VA and must be gone by July 1, 2005. If you fork over $1000 CASH, bring a trailer and haul this to your homeport or backyard, you will be getting a hell of a deal on a good original MkII. Photos available, and I will incur NO expense in the transaction. As I said before...this is no scam...I just need to get rid of this boat. If it wasn't attractive for free, maybe you'll like it at $1000.

Chris, I just saw that you are in Va. I live in Baltimore And could make arrangements to pick up boat..can it be sailed from it's location or does it need work..what will it need if so . DO you have any Pictures that you can E-mail me..?? Thanks again, mike

I'd love some photos - I'm in medford WI and have started collecting and restoring MKII's for personal use.

-Tad