Blair's Columbia 26 Forum

none

Blair's Columbia 26 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parting out a 1970 26' MKII

Hello everyone,
I have acquired a second Columbia 1970 MKII which has quite a bit of water damage. It has been abandoned since 2000 and has been full of water a couple times. I will be draining it soon, pulling off all the hardware to put on my boat and then planning to cut the boat up and scrap anything possible and then the rest sadly to the junk yard. I at least am able to get it from my marina for a good deal as they were planning on taking it to be crushed. Sad to do but someone really neglected it. I wanted to give everyone a heads up that parts would be available though and I'm not looking to make any money. I'm planning on cutting the deck sections to get the tread, pull off the rubrail, drop the rudder and pull all the lifelines, winches etc... I should have tons of parts.

If you are interested in anything let me know. My name is Paul and my email is paul@prktech.com and I live in Dearborn, Michigan.

Happy sailing to all!

Re: Parting out a 1970 26' MKII

Paul....do you happen to have any extra turnbuckles?
Steve

I was wondering what condition the rudder is in,and will it fit a 76 MKII. Also if the lifelines and hardware are in good shape.

I am repairing a similar vessel that has had water damage and weather damage..not bad though. what do you have left that is in good shape?? I am mostly working on the interior and will be going to the extirior in the spring, we live in WA. please call or e-mail thanks christal
(360)969-3847
christallaurel@hotmail.com