Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cops are leaving soon

Rumor has it there are several cops looking to leave the fair city of Melrose. what is it? The administration? Not enough details? Dolan?

Re: Cops are leaving soon

Are you Joshing us? Is this that new fangelled thang the call Sacasm?

far fetched
Rumor has it there are several cops looking to leave the fair city of Melrose. what is it? The administration? Not enough details? Dolan?

Who can blame them, they get paid like dirt compared to surrounding communities. But then again that is Melrose in general (fire, teachers, dpw etc).

Do you mean younger guys transferring? Or older guys retiring? Your post is not very specific.

Rumor also has it that Dolan wants to get rid of Lyle. Wouldn't be a surprise if younger guys transfer/older ones retire. Morale is terrible. Dolan treats the police like dirt. None of them have any respect for him.

Meter maids could do 95% of what the Melrose police do.

Definition of a local cops workday:

Find a place to hide and sleep during regular shift so that you are well rested for the detail. Work as many detail hours as possible.

1 cop leaves, another comes in...does it affect public service at all? No. Any bozo can roust underage kids drinking, hand out traffic violations and give parking tickets out at night.

Who cares

Find a place to hide and sleep during regular shift so that you are well rested for the detail. Work as many detail hours as possible.

1 cop leaves, another comes in...does it affect public service at all? No. Any bozo can roust underage kids drinking, hand out traffic violations and give parking tickets out at night.

What about administering the Narcan to revive all the heroin overdoses which are numerous in "awesome Melrose "?

That's actually a dis-service to the community. Junkies aren't worth the cost of a can of narcan.

Who cares

Maybe thirty years ago. I highly doubt that stuff is still going on. Add in the fact this place looks more and more like malden everyday, I'd say they're busier than you think.

GREAT!

So all you guys who posted above are in favor of the Override, if it ever comes to that? That's good news.

Sounds like the same issue we have in the school department - management problems! And all seem to trace back to city hall...hmm!

Who cares
That's actually a dis-service to the community. Junkies aren't worth the cost of a can of narcan.

And AA is a disservice to the alcoholics in your family?

MFD
Sounds like the same issue we have in the school department - management problems! And all seem to trace back to city hall...hmm!

Myron, why don't you take your lying a$$ back over to the Schools section.

Townie, look up the police report. There is a whole lotta nothing going on in Melrose as far as policy activity is concerned.

Reel it in
Townie, look up the police report. There is a whole lotta nothing going on in Melrose as far as policy activity is concerned.

I have looked at it, I've also talked to a few guys on the force. Lets just say Melrose is very good at "hiding" the real calls. The report says one thing, when in fact it means a whole other. I take it you haven't been in Melrose that long ha. If the real calls get reported housing values drop.....think about it. Melrose needs to maintain that "close to boston, but little town" feel as long as they can get away with it. Like I said, more and more like Malden everyday my good sir.

Townie, another Melrose Messages conspiracy theorist. The Evil Empire lead by Lord Dolan and Darth Lindstrom controls the media, police department, fire department and school department with a nefarious iron fist.....

What's more likely, the police officers who can't stand Dolan falsify police reports placing their jobs in jeapordy to protect a Mayor they don't like and home prices in Melrose, or there simply isn't much crime in Melrose and the newspapers are accurately reporting what the police put in the log.

Gimme a break. You people are nucking futs.

Reel it in
Townie, another Melrose Messages conspiracy theorist. The Evil Empire lead by Lord Dolan and Darth Lindstrom controls the media, police department, fire department and school department with a nefarious iron fist.....

What's more likely, the police officers who can't stand Dolan falsify police reports placing their jobs in jeapordy to protect a Mayor they don't like and home prices in Melrose, or there simply isn't much crime in Melrose and the newspapers are accurately reporting what the police put in the log.

Good post Reel It.

Reel it in

Ok since you can grasp or pick up what I'm trying to say I'll go into further detail. Melrose is a good city, nothing too wild goes on here, we all know this. With that said this isn't some little western mass hick town where nothing happens. Compared to everett, revere, malden, we're in pretty good shape, pretty sure we agree on this. But we also aren't winchester, lexington, belmont either. See what I'm getting at? The way you describe Melrose, like we're some fantasy la la land where crime cannot happen. Look who we border, add in the fact the state capital is only 7 miles away, these creeps can easily make there merry little way to Melrose.

Now to the other piece of my post that you again mis read, because I'm sure you fully read it. No one falsifies police reports, and I never said they did. For example when you see "medical emergency" that can also mean an overdose (but wait not in melrose!). A fight between two scum bags on West Wyoming Ave or a stabbing is a "disturbance." Don't forget the classic "suspicious activity" which more likely than not is a drug deal going down. Your posts are opinions, my information comes from the front lines. Face it cupcake, we don't live in la la land, wake up and smell the coffee.

Just for the record Townie, Winchester has just had its 3rd Murder arrest in the last 4 years. I'd do a re-do on your latest diatribe.

You're a typical MM whiner and complainer. I assume your information is coming from the front lines at Dunkin Donuts or in the latest traffic jam caused by construction being waived on by the local cop detail...because that's the only front line a Melrose cop will ever be on.

Reel it in
Just for the record Townie, Winchester has just had its 3rd Murder arrest in the last 4 years. I'd do a re-do on your latest diatribe.

You're a typical MM whiner and complainer. I assume your information is coming from the front lines at Dunkin Donuts or in the latest traffic jam caused by construction being waived on by the local cop detail...because that's the only front line a Melrose cop will ever be on.

The only front lines a Melrose cop will ever be on? Tell that to all the young cops who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. And FYI you simpleton, Winchester is beautiful. These aren't 3 gang banging murders, they were three maniacs with serious psych issues. Do your homework. Could happen ANYWHERE. Go pedal your non sense and lies somewhere else.

Please, now all Melrose cops are heroes from the Iraq war...most of those cops went to Melrose High and the closest they ever got to Iraq was watching Wolf Blitzer. Tip of the hat to the few who served, but they are no longer in danger in Melrose as you would have us believe.

For the reord, Winchester now has more murders in the last 3 years than Melrose has in its entire existence. Winchester must be the "maniac with serious psych issues" capital of Massachusetts. I'm afraid to go down Main Street Winhcester at night. I might get car jacked.

Stop charading for a bunch of guys who make there money directing traffic and handing out speeding tickets.

Reel it in
Please, now all Melrose cops are heroes from the Iraq war...most of those cops went to Melrose High and the closest they ever got to Iraq was watching Wolf Blitzer. Tip of the hat to the few who served, but they are no longer in danger in Melrose as you would have us believe.

For the reord, Winchester now has more murders in the last 3 years than Melrose has in its entire existence. Winchester must be the "maniac with serious psych issues" capital of Massachusetts. I'm afraid to go down Main Street Winhcester at night. I might get car jacked.

Stop charading for a bunch of guys who make there money directing traffic and handing out speeding tickets.

If I don't step in on their behalf then all these MM people will only have your ignorant posts to read. And once again, I said the "young cops" who served, which is most of them now. So now your anti cop and anti military, way to go patriot. If you really believe Winchester is more crime ridden then Melrose, Myself, along with all that are reading laugh at you. The only thing in Winchester you have to watch out for is an older model Mercedes, oh the horror!!

Reel it in
Tip of the hat to the few who served, but they are no longer in danger in Melrose as you would have us believe.

Oh. I wonder if Dick Donahue shares your opinion? Or what the Watertown cops think of it. Today in Ottawa - one of the most laid back low key places I have ever been. Is it likely that a serious incident will happen in Melrose? Hopefully not. Is it possible? It sure as hell is, and if you don't think so you haven't learned anything over the past few years.

Yeah, they are all heroes. NYFD is heroic, MFD, not so much,although they hope clowns like you lump them all together. Its makes them look good. Townie wants us to equate patrolling the streets of Melrose with military combat and you want to take A few events in a country of 300 million people and try equate it the danger faced by all cops. Melrose cops, as does any individual in this country, has a far higher percetage chance of getting hurt in a car accident or dying in a plane crash than getting injured in the line of duty. Its a bunch of crap. The statistics show local cops make their money in details and work in communities that largely have no crime rate. There are more cops on the force in Melrose right now that the total of violent crimes in the last ten years. Thats 5 cops for every violent crime in the city and they showed up after the fact in every single one, and then turned it over to the State police. The truth is they spend their time writing traffic tickets and rousting teenagers drinking. The last set of Melrose detectives involved in a serious criminal act (drug distribution) sold/ingested the evidence and blew up the District Attorneys case. You are on the right wesite for pedaling BS though, keep it up. Its fun reading.

Reel it in
Yeah, they are all heroes. NYFD is heroic, MFD, not so much,although they hope clowns like you lump them all together. Its makes them look good.

You have a lot of growing up to do, kid.

Reel it in
Yeah, they are all heroes. NYFD is heroic, MFD, not so much,although they hope clowns like you lump them all together. Its makes them look good. Townie wants us to equate patrolling the streets of Melrose with military combat and you want to take A few events in a country of 300 million people and try equate it the danger faced by all cops. Melrose cops, as does any individual in this country, has a far higher percetage chance of getting hurt in a car accident or dying in a plane crash than getting injured in the line of duty. Its a bunch of crap. The statistics show local cops make their money in details and work in communities that largely have no crime rate. There are more cops on the force in Melrose right now that the total of violent crimes in the last ten years. Thats 5 cops for every violent crime in the city and they showed up after the fact in every single one, and then turned it over to the State police. The truth is they spend their time writing traffic tickets and rousting teenagers drinking. The last set of Melrose detectives involved in a serious criminal act (drug distribution) sold/ingested the evidence and blew up the District Attorneys case. You are on the right wesite for pedaling BS though, keep it up. Its fun reading.

I feel sorry for you, simpleton. Lots of anger and clearly uneducated. Couldn't even get the statistics correct. There is a reason these people are siding with me and not you. You sound like a jackass.

Lets have a quiz:

Statistically, who is more likely to be injured on the job:

1) Melrose or other suburban police officer
2) Commuter commuting over 15 miles to work
3) Laborer for construction company
4) Elephant trainer

Rank them in order townie and guess who comes in last. You can puff it up all you want but its a bunch of crap. Anyone paying attention knows it, and other than your alter ego posting under another name no one has taken your side

Reel it in
Lets have a quiz:

Statistically, who is more likely to be injured on the job:

1) Melrose or other suburban police officer
2) Commuter commuting over 15 miles to work
3) Laborer for construction company
4) Elephant trainer

Rank them in order townie and guess who comes in last. You can puff it up all you want but its a bunch of crap. Anyone paying attention knows it, and other than your alter ego posting under another name no one has taken your side

Dude you have some issues, I'm starting to guess you were manhandled by a Melrose Officer or something during a domestic. Either that or you got a speeding ticket, and maybe the big scary officers yelled at you, god forbid. Seems to me and other posters, you have some issues good sir, get them addressed, good day.

Interesting/fun to see the word "simpleton", haven't seen it for ages! (not saying whether it's accurate, just like the word)

Interesting Boston Globe today, along with the news of the 6th murder in 4 years in that paradise called Winchester there was another story about some Winchester animal that lets his rotweilers and bull mastiff off leash and yesterday the bullmastiff killed a 4 month old cock-a-poo. Hey, thats 2 murders in 2 days...a new record for the crime capital of the Middlesex League. Now the Winchester police can claim they are on the front lines in the fight against crime. Thats one more puppy homicide than Melrose has ever had.

Townie, you are an angry Melrose Hater looking to complain about anything and everything. This week its the PD, next week the Mayor. Completely unoriginal for MM, but completely expected by the trolls on this site.

Oh come now, Reelitin, it seems that perhaps you're the one with issues. Don't forget that Winchester is now run by King Robbie's "mentor," King Richie, who is garnering nearly as much ill will (if not more) in that fair town as he did in Malden. Maybe King Robbie will once again try to test the Ethics Commission and see if they notice him slipping Richie in the back door as the city solicitor, unless he tries to appoint the Melrose Messiah, disbarred or not.

Reel it in
Interesting Boston Globe today, along with the news of the 6th murder in 4 years in that paradise called Winchester there was another story about some Winchester animal that lets his rotweilers and bull mastiff off leash and yesterday the bullmastiff killed a 4 month old cock-a-poo. Hey, thats 2 murders in 2 days...a new record for the crime capital of the Middlesex League. Now the Winchester police can claim they are on the front lines in the fight against crime. Thats one more puppy homicide than Melrose has ever had.

Townie, you are an angry Melrose Hater looking to complain about anything and everything. This week its the PD, next week the Mayor. Completely unoriginal for MM, but completely expected by the trolls on this site.

I love Melrose, been here for 19 years. I'm just a realistic adult who pays attention. Mean while you are a bitter old man who for some reason hates winchester, our military, and all "suburban" police.

All the good cops are retired Roth and Dwyer

Yes, Townie, because I said cops are not on the front line in Melrose I hate the military. Love the logic. And because I believe suburban police officers make their money on details and spend their legitimate "work hours" handing out traffic violations and parking tickets I hate suburban police as well. You're a real smart fellah

Where as you say you like Melrose, but spend your time on this website "being realistic" or essentially sh*tting on Melrose...

You are the classic Melrose Messages whiner and complainer.

I trump you in years in Melrose, military family members and I bet I even have more people that are suburban police officers that refer to me as a friend.

But back to the original point...a spades is a spade, and these police officers spend their time doing exactly what I said they do...and if a Melrose Cop leaves there are 20 guys that will take his job without thinking about it for a second...they are not that concerned about the danger.

PS - I do think Winchester s*cks.

Has anyone watched these cops working all these details. It's comical: Texting, Phone calls, watching the workers, talking to each other. They don't pay attention - they don't even try. It's offensive. I hope someone in one of the Melrose (waste of a time) newspapers, do an expose.

That's interesting Vinnie. About how much time are you sending each day, watching the workers?

Reel it in
Yes, Townie, because I said cops are not on the front line in Melrose I hate the military. Love the logic. And because I believe suburban police officers make their money on details and spend their legitimate "work hours" handing out traffic violations and parking tickets I hate suburban police as well. You're a real smart fellah

Where as you say you like Melrose, but spend your time on this website "being realistic" or essentially sh*tting on Melrose...

You are the classic Melrose Messages whiner and complainer.

I trump you in years in Melrose, military family members and I bet I even have more people that are suburban police officers that refer to me as a friend.

But back to the original point...a spades is a spade, and these police officers spend their time doing exactly what I said they do...and if a Melrose Cop leaves there are 20 guys that will take his job without thinking about it for a second...they are not that concerned about the danger.

PS - I do think Winchester s*cks.

Could careless how much time you "trump" me in Melrose. I do love this city, you're just a homer who thinks this place is the greatest since sliced bread. You live in a fantasy land with all the kindergardeners, while I'm in the real world with the adults. You can try to backtrack all you want, but what I got (as did most who read) was you are anti-police. I came at you with facts, you come at me with opinions, obviously I wasn't going to take you seriously. Just a typical internet warrior who hates his own life and takes it out on others.

Buddy you have this odd fascination with Winchester haha, I promise you you're not offending me by bashing it. Its just a fact, number don't lie, its a better city. Affluent, and wealthy, while Melrose has drifted into the mediocre and there is nothing wrong with that. Mean while danger can happen anywhere, as you've seen the last few days, the crazies are out in droves. So you can say Melrose cops aren't in danger, but you just sound foolish, they're in danger everyday they put on that uniform. You can reply to this and keep this convo going, or just realize you sound like a moron and end it, I'm up for either. [:))]

Townie, you haven't listed a single fact in endless posts. You are a legend in your own mind who has Winchester envy and obvioulsy hates Melrose. Just read your posts. You talk out of both sides of your mouth and wish you had the money to live in Winchester...your a joke. Post as long as you want. You are just another anti-Melrose guy on this site.

Reel it in
Townie, you haven't listed a single fact in endless posts. You are a legend in your own mind who has Winchester envy and obvioulsy hates Melrose. Just read your posts. You talk out of both sides of your mouth and wish you had the money to live in Winchester...your a joke. Post as long as you want. You are just another anti-Melrose guy on this site.

"wish you had the money to live in Winchester".........Yes, yes I do wish I could live there, no denying that. What is your point?? Who wouldn't want to move up in the world and give their family a better opportunity in this tough world? You wouldn't want to make your children and wife safer by moving to a more affluent community? Most real men would, though from your posts you don't sound like a real man.

I can see you now "yes sir officer sir, anything you need sir" haha you loser. Such a phony tough guy. Then as soon as they walk away you and the rest of the trolls utter "pig!" I saw right through you after your first anti-police post.

Townie, most people living in Melrose are very happy living here and don't need a Winchester address to make their wives and kids feel safe. Real men can make their family feel safe in Melrose. You're still a clown and a Melrose hater, go away. Go back to your friends on the front lines and tell them you don't feel safe inMelrose and wish you had the money to live in Winchester you mewling coward.

Reel it in
Townie, most people living in Melrose are very happy living here and don't need a Winchester address to make their wives and kids feel safe. Real men can make their family feel safe in Melrose. You're still a clown and a Melrose hater, go away. Go back to your friends on the front lines and tell them you don't feel safe inMelrose and wish you had the money to live in Winchester you mewling coward.

And you don't attribute any of that happiness and safety to the men on the "front lines" as you call it? News flash jack, cities with Police Departments in disarray don't do a good job. Officers are lazy, no leadership, basically a free for all. So by you saying you love Melrose and are happy and safe here without even knowing it you're complimenting the MPD. So while you spent all that time bashing them you're between the lines sort of speak complimenting them. So which one is it? Do they all suck and this city is horrible or are you happy and safe and they're doing a pretty good job? Can't be two faced, it's one or the other.

Give it up Townie. You have Winchester Envy. You're an embarrassment to your family. Couldn't make enough money to live in the community you want to be in...so sad.

Isn't it about time for you two girls to take your little squabble someplace else?

Reel it in
Give it up Townie. You have Winchester Envy. You're an embarrassment to your family. Couldn't make enough money to live in the community you want to be in...so sad.

God you are one dumb individual. I take it your husband is the brains in the relationship? Have fun in La La land, Peter Pan.

YAWN

Back to the original topic of the post. I have heard there recently was a cop who left the dept. and is now working somewhere nearby, Malden? maybe. The chief didn't want to sign his transfer papers. After all this city paid for his training. Heard that almost all of the Melrose cops have grown up here but this guy did not. Felt like an outsider in the department and didn't like the way the department is run and the different way cases are handled all based on who is friends with whom.

Have no problem with cops earning money through details. They do have to stand in the cold, heat, rain, snow on their feet for hours on top of their regular shifts.
Am curious as to how the same cops get the same details daily though. I drive down Main St. daily and always see the same cops at the same place. Do they get a choice of where they want to work?

Also want to know why they put up the work zone signs much earlier than they planned on actually working. It appears they are planning on working in the Ell pond, hospital, Lebanon, Main St. intersection according to signs that have been up for weeks but they have started nothing.

It was also interesting/funny how the changeable message sign near the cemetery was worded, "WARNING Lebanon St. roadway work starting soon".

You weren't back there hanging tongues on trees again, now were you Rezeeg?

"They do have to stand in the cold, heat, rain, snow on their feet for hours on top of their regular shifts"

I don't mind if cops work details either, but like you said, it's usually the same ones. How do they get enough sleep for safely patrol our streets? I guess they do have a break between details and shifts for a nap. Long story short, I am pro cop (unlike that reel it in fool) and i suppose these men do need to do details to make good living. So as long as they can safely patrol my neighborhood then have at it on details.