Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mayor Having a City Budget Meeting, Monday, May 11th, at 7:30PM in Aldermanic Hall - Open to Public

This meeting is an opportunity for the public to speak to those in charge of the "purse strings". Of course it will be used by the Mayor to talk up an override. So don't expect the BOA or SC members present to be listening to you - this is a done deal!

Re: Mayor Having a City Budget Meeting, Monday, May 11th, at 7:30PM in Aldermanic Hall - Open to Pub

When the legislature votes on alcohol changes, they should change the charter to get rid of the board of aldermen and the school committee. Only a couple do anything except vote what the mayor tells them.

Re: Mayor Having a City Budget Meeting, Monday, May 11th, at 7:30PM in Aldermanic Hall - Open to Pub

MFD, will you be there sitting in the front row? With some notes to help with your public participation? I doubt, you are the head clown.

Clown Patrol
MFD, will you be there sitting in the front row? With some notes to help with your public participation? I doubt, you are the head clown.

It certainly beats you not sitting there in the front row with no notes - and anonymous to boot - coward that you are!

Go back to your mommy's basement room until you grow up!

Nice try MFD, asking other people to show up but not having the courage to do it yourself makes you a blowhard, coward and a weasel. No need for me to show Bozo, I'm not whining.

Re: Mayor's Offfice Employee Publicly Attacks Residents in Violation of SC Rules

Quote: Fold the tent
I am right. Just go back in time and read the posts. Aside from the snarky comments, the raw information you see here is correct. Check for yourself. The irony is that as much as the current administration complains about this site, the current administration actually created the need for a place where information and opinions could change hands without retaliation from this administration. Perhaps they should stop the nonsense we have been witnessing with the school committee over the last couple of years for example, where public information is intentionally and illegally withheld by the superintendent and SC chair from certain school committee members as well as Melrose citizens. Then maybe there won't be a need for Melrose messages, the only current resource for hard news and opinion in Melrose. Or you can keep reading the fluff in the Weekly and Free Press and be an uninformed resident..
Okay you are right and Schools and School Committee" section of Melrose Messages, the postings have turned out to be exceedingly accurate.

Clown Patrol
Nice try MFD, asking other people to show up but not having the courage to do it yourself makes you a blowhard, coward and a weasel. No need for me to show Bozo, I'm not whining.

I'll be there - just look for the "old fat" guy! Want to hear from both groups.

MFD, I heard they have two seats reserved just for you in the front row this evening.

Mayor just proposed override at budget meeting!

What happened tonight. Were you guys all in a clown college class together. I thought I saw a volkswagon bug rolling down Main Street tonight stuffed full of Bozo's heading to the Alderman's chamber, but alas, you didn't all pile out of the clown car and head up the stairs honking your noses. MFD, you are a complete disgrace. You start a post announcing the meeting, state you are going to be there, and then nothing. I saw they left two seats for you in the front row. A little stage fright maybe? What a pack of mewling, whining, cowards this crew is. There was zero public participation. Not a single whiner with the courage to sit before the alderman and express an opinion. MFD throws shots around on the board calling City officials out by name, but when he has the chance to face them in person...well MFD, you know. Priceless.The defining moment of the Melrose Messages Clown Patrol. I love it.

If your face was any further up the mayor's a$$, you'd suffocate. Why waste any of my time participating in an exercise where the outcome is decided beforehand? I'll make my statement with my ballot.

Only the hardcore sycophants showed up last night.

If this community doesn't wake up & step up, then it deserves what it's getting. If residents don't start looking under the hood, then they deserve to be played and drained of their taxdollars and water/sewer $. Nothing wrong with paying taxes for necessary and effectively performed services. Much wrong with paying for what is going on now, where the public is shut out of its governance, where the school system is in a disgracefully poor state of affairs, where too many of municipal services are subpar at best.

"Sad Reflection" Wouldn't last nights meeting have been the perfect time for the clown patrol to "Wake up & Step up""? Where were you? When will you step up?

There is no one stepping up, because there is no legitimate group of people who are buying into your garbage. All 6 of you can keep up the charade, but when MFD starts a rallying cry, and then doesn't bother to show up, we all know the deal.

Clowns, bozos and cowards.

Clown Patrol
"Sad Reflection" Wouldn't last nights meeting have been the perfect time for the clown patrol to "Wake up & Step up""? Where were you? When will you step up?

There is no one stepping up, because there is no legitimate group of people who are buying into your garbage. All 6 of you can keep up the charade, but when MFD starts a rallying cry, and then doesn't bother to show up, we all know the deal.

Clowns, bozos and cowards.

I really think you need to see this. Indulge your obsession:

The Clowns (film)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I clowns
Directed by Federico Fellini
Produced by Elio Scardamaglia
Written by Story and Screenplay:
Federico Fellini
Bernardino Zapponi
Starring Federico Fellini
Music by Nino Rota
Edited by Ruggero Mastroianni
Release dates
December 25, 1970
Running time
92 min.
Language Italian
I clowns (also known as The Clowns) is a 1970 television film by Federico Fellini about the human fascination with clowns and circuses. It was made for TV, the Italian station RAI with an agreement that it would be released simultaneously on TV and as a cinema feature;[1] RAI and co-producer Leone Film compromised on its release, with RAI broadcasting it on Christmas Day, 1970, and Leone Film releasing it theatrically in Italy the following day, December 26, 1970.[2] It is a part-documentary, part fantasy.