Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
override

So Rob proposed an override for taxes last night.
Help me. Am I wrong to believe that all these monster apt buildings going up and the added retail space is supposed to be generating more taxes for the city?

Are we being asked to deal with the excessive amounts of traffic and lack of parking on top of paying more taxes? Or does Robby need another raise already?

Time for him to go!

Re: override

Are you stupid? He has to pay for lifetime health insurance for the alderman that he bought somehow. Sh*tty health insurance plans too thanks to the trickery he used to get employees to vote for GIC which they basically had no choice to do because of the whopping costs of healthcare thanks in part to all illegals entering the country who are either given benefits on behalf of us taxpayers or show up at hospitals expecting treatment with no means of paying for it.

This country has taken a serious turn for the worse in the past six years in turns of national security and national pride. We now glorify thugs and criticize those whose job it is to keep us safe, troops and police officers. Keep voting for these communist liberals and watch it decline further. As a union supporter, I would consider myself independent. But I will never vote for a democrat again. They are vastly more radical from democrats of 50-60 years ago.

And before you start b*tching at me for calling democrats "radicals" and complaining about the tea party remember this, the tea partiers have only come about out of necessity. The democrats have declared war on christianity and the constitution so if you want to declare people "radical" for trying to save the principles on which this country was founded, go right ahead.

Dolan - "It is not right to ask taxpayers for more when government hasn’t reformed itself."

At least he got that part right.

They'll have to pry the extra $20 per month from my cold dead.........bank account! [:-|]

Phew
Dolan - "It is not right to ask taxpayers for more when government hasn’t reformed itself."

At least he got that part right.

When GIC is repealed for BOA members ( including for Lifer/retired members such as Peter Mortimer and Billy Forbes ), then I might consider Voting Yes on The Override. It was repealed once before but slipped in again by RD when he was trading votes/favors for his raise. If MBMM wins again, we will be required to pay for The Margolis family's Health Insurance forever, too. Fair, ethical ? No, No, NO! Voting No on The Override! How much does GIC cost the city yearly for BOA members? How much does it cost for "Lifetime Benefits" for those who serve 10 years? How many teachers, police personnel or other identified needs could that money fund?

Saw the proposed use of the override money. Dont think anything will drastically improve. We will still have the same horrible teachers. The same horrible administration and apparently the same horrible pay for teachers because there was nothing in the proposal about paying them more. I don't think more cops are necessary either and would the two they're proposing to hire make that much of a difference? Go by the police station at any given time and cruisers are parked out front. The ones who should be patrolling aren't on the street because there is really nothing to do. it is cheaper to hire overtime than pay out the benefits for new officers.

Vote no on override

Chris
Saw the proposed use of the override money. Dont think anything will drastically improve. We will still have the same horrible teachers. The same horrible administration and apparently the same horrible pay for teachers because there was nothing in the proposal about paying them more. I don't think more cops are necessary either and would the two they're proposing to hire make that much of a difference? Go by the police station at any given time and cruisers are parked out front. The ones who should be patrolling aren't on the street because there is really nothing to do. it is cheaper to hire overtime than pay out the benefits for new officers.

Vote no on override

It is easy to miss - the Budget Stabilization amount will be used to pay for raises of all sorts! It reads like a true slush fund - wishy/washy words. Also, where is the money to fix the so called "structural" school deficit? Must be somewhere since the Mayor told us that the override woud address this. Folks, the Mayor is not talkng straight with us. He doesn't even mention money coming from the city Enterprise accounts - where is that money going and for what reason. I say tighten your belt like the rest of the residents in Melrose. When our state reps and senators fix the corruption up at the state house, then there will be plenty of money for cities and towns. Until then - make do!