Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Police Station

Does the police station have a handicapped entrance? If not we should direct some override money to update.

Re: Police Station

Yes it does - if you consider two strong men available to lift a wheel chair up about 15 steps! And yes - we need a new police station with handicapped access.

VOTE NO ON OVERRIDE

The Police Station and The Cemetary are a mess. Melrose cares only about playgrounds and paying Health Insurance for the BOA.
My husband and I are VOTING NO on The OVERRIDE!

Agree with all the posters. Police station is 30 years past due. Disgraceful.

ADA has been law of the land for 25 years. If the police station isn't accessible, Melrose has been in violation of ADA for at least two decades.

"Melrose has been in violation of ADA for at least two decades." along with many other broken laws, starting with those pertaining to the School Committee and administration!

The police station is over 100 years old and was originally a telephone building for operators to direct your calls. The report on the pd that the city pad 25k for a few years back said one of the top things that need to be fixed is a new station

Sounds like another city bond to be proposed! However, it is interesting to note that some of the oldest city buidings involve critical services such as fire and police - go figure!

The pd is a dump

Dolan refuses to fund a new station

More heroin overdoses, more new residents, fewer cops, no investment in pd

Glad Lyle , rides on the bus , they both can hide their heads in the sand of reality

And who's the motorcycle cop I see reading a kindle at the train depot?

Get rid of the motorcycle guy and start investing in the new cops I see out there and their station

These are all good points. Lots of places where we could use some sidewalks too. If only there were some way we could get a little bit more revenue for the city, so that it could go beyond just scraping by, funding the bare minimum mandated expenses. I wonder if there's a way we could organize a vote to increase funding?

Good point
These are all good points. Lots of places where we could use some sidewalks too. If only there were some way we could get a little bit more revenue for the city, so that it could go beyond just scraping by, funding the bare minimum mandated expenses. I wonder if there's a way we could organize a vote to increase funding?

Time to give the sidewalks a rest. I feel like everywhere I go in this city there are new streets and sidewalks being worked on. One thing I don't see is a new Police (or public safety) building. The city should be ashamed at the condition of all of our public safety buildings.

Just curious. What is the $50 charge on my already outrageous water bill? Where dies this "tax" go?

Where does the Tax go

Did you see those fancy "Vote Yes" advertisements?[:-?]