Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Water Main Flushing

Each year the advance notice about this program gets more and more mysterious. Great job City Hall, Lazy Alderman and the perpetual lunch eaters public works! GREAT job!

Re: Water Main Flushing

It's the only way the Mayor can get rid of the crap that goes on in the city each year - be thankful - it probably should go on daily!

They'll probably try to charge large families and condos for the water they're flushing down the drain.

They ARE charging large families and condos for that water. They overcharge us by an obscene amount so all small families and FOR PROFIT small businesses get subsidized water. I was at the meeting two years ago when the guy Jerry said these rate tiers were all malarkey. They didn't listen.

Even some voters who were on the fence about the Override have had their decision made by the recent water bills. I am a taxpayer who is charged retroactively for 3 months! Tired system ....2nd meter costs....unfair and the BOA showed no help or leadership on this issue....so, my money to support the Override has been flushed down the toilet...literally.

Gosh - do you mean that some people are finally waking up to reality - where the heck have you been lately? The water bills are only one of many reasons why one should not vote for this override.