Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G.I.C. Insurance & other issues

1. Alderman at Large Margolis is reported NOT currently enrolled in the Melrose G.I.C. health insurance, but was she at one time? If she was enrolled, did she recieve the $6,000.00 opt out payment (offered to city employees) for enrolling in a private plan?
2. The Mayor once stated at a public meeting that employee pensions "take away from your child's educational experince". Excuse me "dough boy", but don't the city employees contribute to their own pensions? Just goes to show how much he values and appreciates his city employees.
3. Jen "lame brain" of the vote yes clowns stated that the Mayor would not stop funding 2 additional police officers after the initial first year of the over ride. Really? A veteran officer just retired last month and several more will be in the next 2 years. The positions have been disappearing through attrition. Are you really satisfied with just three cops on the street, some shifts with no street supervision.

Re: G.I.C. Insurance & other issues

MBMM recently began to buy private health insurance. Paying her own way now is a political calculation since she wants another term on the BOA. She should pay back the $ for all the years her family was on the public dole for healthcare on the backs of taxpayers. She has no credibility advocating for the override when she used our money for private healthcare for years. She will lose on 11-3 primarily because of taking GIC . People are sick of political game plays and politicians who talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Jen and the other MEF/YES crowd know they are in trouble. Recent predictions of a close vote are wishful thinking. The Override will be defeated by a large margin.

(Quote)
2. The Mayor once stated at a public meeting that employee pensions "take away from your child's educational experience". Excuse me "dough boy", but don't the city employees contribute to their own pensions? Just goes to show how much he values and appreciates his city employees.

Did he really say that? Way to pit people against each other.

The retired vs the school children.

Marybeth is all over the Melrose Community group facebook page right now pretending to be helpful just in time for the election. She is not usually a big presence over there but right now, she has all kinds of information.

Curious George
1. Alderman at Large Margolis is reported NOT currently enrolled in the Melrose G.I.C. health insurance, but was she at one time? If she was enrolled, did she recieve the $6,000.00 opt out payment (offered to city employees) for enrolling in a private plan?
2. The Mayor once stated at a public meeting that employee pensions "take away from your child's educational experince". Excuse me "dough boy", but don't the city employees contribute to their own pensions? Just goes to show how much he values and appreciates his city employees.
3. Jen "lame brain" of the vote yes clowns stated that the Mayor would not stop funding 2 additional police officers after the initial first year of the over ride. Really? A veteran officer just retired last month and several more will be in the next 2 years. The positions have been disappearing through attrition. Are you really satisfied with just three cops on the street, some shifts with no street supervision.

4. Mayor might be concerned about all the transfers in the police department to other communities. Heard he just gave back the Quin Bill with no approval from the aldermen. Amazing how he found the money. If I recall correctly, VanCampen had stated that the Quin Bill would end by attrition at a public forum. Doughboy just don't get it. Much like the schools, the police are disgusted with the lack of leadership within the department and city hall. The override will not address the poor working conditions in the police station and the serious I.T. issues.

Curious George
Curious George

4. Mayor might be concerned about all the transfers in the police department to other communities. Heard he just gave back the Quin Bill with no approval from the aldermen. Amazing how he found the money. If I recall correctly, VanCampen had stated that the Quin Bill would end by attrition at a public forum. Doughboy just don't get it. Much like the schools, the police are disgusted with the lack of leadership within the department and city hall. The override will not address the poor working conditions in the police station and the serious I.T. issues.

Dolan not caring for the our public safety employees is nothing new. He's payed them and supported them like step children since the day he took office. Then guys started transferring, and magically he brings back the quinn bill. A subtle way of admitting he's been wrong all these years.

What is the Quinn Bill?

The Quinn Bill was a measure passed back in the 70's to encourage police officers to further their education, the thought being that it would lead to more "modern" policing. It is essentially an incentive package. An AS paid 15%, a BS paid 20%, and an MS paid 30%, although those percentages changed over the years to 10%/20%/25%. Whatever % you were being paid was calculated using your current salary as a baseline, ie: if your salary was $10,000.00, it calculated to $11,500.00 for an Associate degree, $12,000.00 for a Bachelors degree, and $12,500.00 for a Masters degree. They had to be "field related" degrees, the vast majority being in Criminal Justice.