Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free PRESS ENDORSES OVERRIDE

Surprise, surprise...the Melrose Free Press has endorsed the override. None of them even live in Melrose.
Must make their biggest advertiser, a real estate agency, happy.

Re: Free PRESS ENDORSES OVERRIDE

It's no surprise at all. They've been in Dolan's pocket for years. Calling it a newspaper is a joke.

Then the Free Press can pay my property tax bill. Compounded. Forever.

I don't understand why they had to endorse the override. It was totally unnecessary. Guess with all the stories they've allowed Aaron to write and print, maybe they figured they needed to make nice nice with Dolan. You know...pat him on his little pointed head.

Just when I started to harbor a glimmer of hope the Free Press goes back to being Dolan's mouthpiece. And to do it in such a big way with support of the override is a real slap in the face to the people of Melrose.

Sometimes, in the newspaper business, an editor will get a news release or instructions marked "BOM" for
"Business Office Must" to serve the interest of a major advertiser. Also, chances are, those who can afford a Free Press subscription, or newstand purchase, are in the upper income demographics who can afford an override.

The "Free Press" (a misnomer) is not a real newspaper. It does not report on what is really going on in Melrose. It is afraid to print hard news. It was way behind on the Federal Civil Rights Investigations, Kristin Thorp's violation of the OML and Superintendent, City solicitor and School Committee Chair violations. They only went to print well after it was safe to, after the Globe and other news outlets had already picked up the stories. Honestly, we have no need for a fake newspaper in Melrose.

Thanks to Melrose Messages, Melrosians were able to get timely information and opinion on these big stories.