Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free Cash

The front page of today's Free Press has an article about the abundance of "Free Cash". How can any elected official in this city look themselves in the mirror, if they supported the Override. NO to any new fees or taxes, Our family is proud we voted NO on the OVERRIDE!

Re: Free Cash

All city and school administration people, including our illustrious Mayor and school superintendent Taymore, should be ashamed of themselves for even considering an override! And for those who voted for it - you embarrassed yourselves - and deserve nothing but scorn for not looking deeply into the justification for it and seeing through the smoke and mirrors used to justify it.

I voted for it, and I'd happily vote for another...largely (no pun intended) because I don't care about the $200. What's embarrassing is when you haven't seen you feet or your pecker since the 1960's. Save your scorn for your dinner plate tonight you fat b@stard.

Voted Yes
I voted for it, and I'd happily vote for another...largely (no pun intended) because I don't care about the $200. What's embarrassing is when you haven't seen you feet or your pecker since the 1960's. Save your scorn for your dinner plate tonight you fat b@stard.

Spoken by a true city hall sycophant! The language you used gave it away! People who don't care about how they spend their money are either filthy rich, city hall sycophants, or just plain ignorant of how many people are living paycheck to paycheck.

Just read in the Free Press that the city ended the year with an astounding 3.4 million dollars surplus - that' right - I said $3.4 million! Wow - they certainly gave the residents a snow job with their justification for needing a 2.4 million dollar override!

People - wake up and realize that this administration is a fraud! Honesty and transparency are not the principles practiced here in Melrose - truly a sad situation for the future. Who could possibly trust them now - I guess only a fool!

And remember MFD, they still had plenty of money to pay for the hundreds and thousands of dollars for PR firm invoices to spin the Federal Civil Rights findings and even more for legal fees to defend the administrators who had violated Federal Civil Rights laws. And who could forget the legal fees to defend the administration from constant Open Meeting Law violations and Public Records law violations, But all is good when the taxpayer's wallet is wide open for them every time they break the law.

You know, I don't take any pleasure in having been right about this guy from the get go. While he's had some successes on the City side, the amount of damage he's created since he weaseled his way onto the SC is nearly incalculable. It's so very sad that it has gone on so long.

This latest disclosure of a 3.4 million surplus makes his pathetic override scam appear even more egregious. I don't know how - or why - anyone could ever believe anything he says again.