Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Praise From the Govenor

" I am pleased to join Mayor Dolan (for the Inaugural) as he begins another chapter in over two decades of service to the people and the City of Melrose. Mayor Dolan is a proven leader in the community ...." Melrose Weekly News 1/8/16.

That's "one man's opinion".

Re: Praise From the Govenor

O.k with that said - it is time form him to go back to civilian life! Someone remind him that the Mayor's job is not for life! To encourage him to leave office, the city should establish another position and ask him to run for it - Mayor of Dills Court!

There must be a "win-win" agenda/agreement (story behind the story) that somehow benefits both Dolan and Baker...as long as Melrose benefits, too....

MFD
O.k with that said - it is time form him to go back to civilian life! Someone remind him that the Mayor's job is not for life! To encourage him to leave office, the city should establish another position and ask him to run for it - Mayor of Dills Court!

Gee. Sounds like voting to me. Maybe you should try that.

It should be telling that Governors from both sides of the aisle have 1) praised Dolan's leadership abilities, 2) offered him Jobs in their administrations 3) appointed him to meaningful boards and committees over the past several years, and now arguably the best Governor MA has had since Bill Weld shows up personally at his inauguration and glowingly talks about Dolan and the City of Melrose. Additionally, on two separate occasions his fellow Mayors across the Commonwealth have elected him to head the Mayors Municipal Association, and The reigning President of the United States personally asked him to campaign for him in his last election...but the Melrose Messages Bozo Brigade knows better. Chief Clown MFD, who couldn't get elected to pick up dog sh*t on his own street if he offered to do it for free, wants him to resign. You weirdo's will never be taken seriously. It would be down right frightening if Melrose were run by the freak show people you losers support.

Your points can be well taken, until you go into the "Bozo"/"Clown" rant. It's gettin` old.

I suppose you had to say something, especially since the OCR report was published today.

I especially liked the Mayor's comments about how Melrose is just wonderful, followed by doom and gloom predictions that we are right on the razor's edge of a financial disaster.

It didn't fly for the override, and it doesn't fly now.

Here's an idea - stop with the bull$hit and do the job we elected you to do. Start with fixing the disgrace that is the water/sewer ripoff.

Here's another idea for Rob: Stop the bull$heet and do the job we elected you to do on school committee: Get rid of the Superintendent you so loudly praised and forced down everyone's throat who, along with her appointed administrative staffers, has made a complete mess of the system and embarrassed the Melrose community in the local, regional and statewide media. Sadly, there are more OCR complaints to come due to the negligence of her and her staff with a little help from a bungling city solicitor.

Political Dealmakng
There must be a "win-win" agenda/agreement (story behind the story) that somehow benefits both Dolan and Baker...as long as Melrose benefits, too....

Actually, this is a major coup for Baker and the Republicans of Melrose. He gets major exposure and face time for himself and the Republican party in the Melrose media, displaying the type of admirable behavior we can only dream about from Dolan and his hater gang. It didn't hurt that Dolan looked like Baker's personal errand boy in his entourage next to the distinguished-looking Baker who stands a good two heads taller. And with the local head Democrat looking in disarray here in Melrose lately, what with the school administration getting slammed with more bad press every day, with the Water sewer rate scandal, and the Mayor's override disaster, I would say that Baker was subtly and strategically sending a message to Melrosians that there is a better alternative for Melrose and it starts with considering Republicans for local office.

There's a lot of sense in that, especially given historical perspective. Remember up until recently Melrose was a Republican stronghold. It was almost impossible to get elected to anything if you weren't a Republican.

Thought that the Governor's visit and praise for the Mayor was "a major coup" for him and the Republicans is
absurd. What it was was a message that he is A Republican in Name Only (a RINO). I doubt that Republicans were
even aware that he had been invited.

Baker > Dolan, not even close.

Someone posted about the Rules of Professional Ethics that an attorney is to abide by. I can think of a few more Van Campen violations....1.1 1.3 3.6 4.4 Rules schmules! Ed O'Connell our illustrious disbarred attorney is now an elected member of the School Committee. Melrose doesn't have a problem with ethical violations or people like Ed who financially destroy their clients savings for his own personal gain. Evidently the "rules" only apply to law abiding citizens. I remember when Van Campen out right lied when he told the school committee that he had "provisional approval" from the state's ethics commission for Joe Casey to hire his sister for the Anova School. Folks...there's no such thing. Ethical violations are conducted in private and the findings released in a decision when the investigation is completed. If Van Campen some how got "provisional approval" I'd like to know who gave it.

It's time for others to do some heavy lifting instead of leaving the bulk of the heavy lifting to the rest of us. You got a problem with Van Campen??? Make a phone call!

I'm really disappointed in Charlie Baker...swinging Dolan's kid down the aisle in Mem Hall during the inauguration. Sends the wrong message to me. Almost an act of condoning the civil rights violations and the "kick a ginger day" marginalizing the horrible shame heaped on our community. Why should Dolan be legitimized in this way? Very sad. And I broke ranks and voted for him. Last time I did that was for Bill Weld. One of the greatest governors Massachusetts has ever had. I'm pretty sure Bill Weld would have steered clear of an onerous association with a politician like Dolan who has done NOTHING to diffuse or remedy the harm and embarrassment that the good people of Melrose continue to suffer under the Dolan administration.

If everyone is so up-in-arms about Mayor Dolan, why didn't anyone run against him in the last election? Seems like a pretty easy solution.

"I don't like his policies. vote for me instead" - He only won by 38% of the vote last election. the rest were write ins.

Step up Melrose!

Just to clarify things for the previous poster - 44% of eligible voters voted in the last Mayoral election - and the Mayor received 71% of the vote - it is correct that there was a very high number of blanks cast because of those who have not been satisfied with the Mayor's attitude or efforts - mostly concerning the schools.

"- it is correct that there was a very high number of blanks cast because of those who have not been satisfied with the Mayor's attitude or efforts - mostly concerning the schools"

Correct according to what data?

I'm willing to bet that historical election results where Mayor Dolan or any other Mayor ran unopposed show similar % blanks. MFD, with all this free time on your hands why don't you crunch the numbers for us.

Hey, Buddy! I'm not your statistical slave - do some of the heavy lifting yourself - what are you - a Democrat? Typical - they always ask everyone else to do the work for them!

And that is what makes them so effective. Because we all know all politicians are no good at doing anything. [:)s]

Chief Bozo MFD proves once again that he is nothing but a big bag of hot air. Next time MFD uses the word "correct" or "fact" substitute it with "I pulled this information out of my fat @ss because I don't like Dolan...although when I see him my knees quiver as I drop down, pucker up, and kiss his rear end." Myron the bozo is a hypocrite and a fraud, making him the perfect spokesperson for the Melrose Messages Bozo Brigade.

Uh-oh! Someone left the cage door open again.

Yes... Mr. Mayor, please keep your attack dogs properly leashed!