Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BLM Frauds

Have you all seen the Melrose, MA community page on Facebook? What a joke. A bunch of fraudsters have moved to Melrose, which is 92% white. In order to make themselves feel less guilty about their decisions they have ordered a bunch of BLM signs and post on facebook basically telling us here in Melrose how racist we all are. Well, most of us were born and raised here, it is you newbies that chose to live in this predominately white community. If you have guilt about that, I'm sorry for you, but we like it here and we don't have any guilt. Regardless of the statistics, Melrose is a very open community and we don't need any militant, liberal, feminazis telling us how to think.

Re: BLM Frauds

Been living in this city for over 4 decades - never seen anyone talk about limiting the types of people who move hear especially as it concerns minorities. All the clubs and organizations seem very welcoming. The realtors would only be too happy to sell you a home that you can afford no matter what your ethnic background or color or sexual or religious preferences. Housing is expensive and there are few rentals which are also expensive - this definitely limits who can afford to live in Melrose.

I view the Frauds as people who left diverse communities such as Cambridge and Somerville when it became time to educate their precious white children with the dumb names.

Facing real diversity and the effects of integrating cultures on a very real basis such as in school was not something they wanted to do. Being fake and putting up a sign is about the extent of their commitment. They will bleat otherwise but these sheep are phoney hypocrites.

Fraudsters
Have you all seen the Melrose, MA community page on Facebook? What a joke. A bunch of fraudsters have moved to Melrose, which is 92% white. In order to make themselves feel less guilty about their decisions they have ordered a bunch of BLM signs and post on facebook basically telling us here in Melrose how racist we all are. Well, most of us were born and raised here, it is you newbies that chose to live in this predominately white community. If you have guilt about that, I'm sorry for you, but we like it here and we don't have any guilt. Regardless of the statistics, Melrose is a very open community and we don't need any militant, liberal, feminazis telling us how to think.

Melrose is now 87% white. Just had to fix that minor error because outside of that I agreed with everything you said. I hope someone goes around and tears up every one of the signs. Only a lunatic would have a BLM sign in front of their house. You know the funniest part is if someone does tear up their sign they will go straight to the police to report it. Makes me laugh when I think about that last part. Just shows how disconnected these idiots are with reality.

"Melrose is now 87% white."

Apparently a 5% increase in diversity among the makeup of our population is a real threat to the bigots in this city. These bigots have previously had some filters keeping their ugliness more contained, but now they feel empowered to let loose thanks to the fine example set not only by DT, but by our own heads of state, as it were, and their hideous mockery of laws and regulations against racism. These bigots will literally do or say any ridiculous thing (and then contradict it in the next breath). The foolishness here is the implication that only some recent Cambridge or Somerville immigrants, as it were, care about these issues enough to have BLM lawn placards, implying that the real Melrosian patriot would never do such a thing.

"...if someone does tear up their sign they will go straight to the police to report it. Makes me laugh when I think about that last part." That this sick cackling individual thinks it's a laughing matter reveals a lot. And this person may be your neighbor and may be raising children. Sure, defiling the United States Constitution is really funny. Expecting the police department to honor the Bill of Rights is just a riot.

For any decent citizen who is wondering how our electoral process could have become so debauched that the United States is now putting forward the two horrendous candidates currently running for president (and is the object of international mockery and concern as a result), all that is necessary is to look around at our own community, and the sad state of our public discourse. Bigots like "Aim" are climbing out of their holes and openly taking aim, as it were, at human decency and the foundations of basic human rights for ALL that so many have fought for in this country. There are no filters of human decency with these kinds of people now, thanks to a corrupt political system, bought media, and the end result of too many years of citizen apathy, allowing the cancers to spread.

All politics being local, Melrose can look to itself and its own version of this national sickness. With city "leadership" so debauched that racism is not only condoned in the schools, it is actually being promoted in effect, it's no wonder that posters like "Aim" feel so empowered that they want to cackle and mock those who are courageous enough to call out the need to stop the insanity and the hatred. Decency is apparently outmoded in Melrose, too. Yeah, LOL.

For the record, our police department has many very decent officers who do in fact believe in the Constitution and do their best every day to protect citizens' rights. And for the record, the retort, "All Lives Matter" is like someone going into a funeral and shouting to the bereaved that "Everyone Dies." There are many police officers around the country who understand and respect this, and many who in fact have stood firm in protecting the BLM messengers because only a fool could actually think that there is no basis for the outrage, or worse, that it is a laughing matter. So much for the "True Melrosian" and the indecency of their message.

I doesn't matter to me whether you're from Cambridge or Cambodia. If you're part of a group whose platform includes "What do we want?" "Dead cops." "When do we want it?" "Now!" not only do I want nothing to do with you, but I'll call you what I think you are - as disgusting and divisive as someone wearing a sheet and a hood and burning crosses on lawns.

I have to agree with that. I'm going to assume these people putting up BLM signs have their hearts in the right place, but they really should be a bit more informed and discerning about the groups they support. I've seen BLM described as "a terrorist organization". That may be a bit rash, although there is certainly a portion of their membership who do fit that description, and the organization as a whole has done little or nothing to distance themselves from those few radical loudmouths whose agenda seems to be to cause more violence, not less.

As for the cops - does anyone with a brain think cops go to work every day thinking "Today I'm going to shoot someone."? That's totally ridiculous. What they're really thinking is "I hope I don't have to shoot someone today." Almost every one of these shootings occurred largely because the "suspects" refused to comply with lawful orders of police, and in many cases acted in a threatening manner towards police. Another poster in some other string posted a link to a "shoot/don't shoot" exercise - everybody should watch that or something like it before they start making judgements about police. As a veteran, I have an understanding of how necessary it can become to see everyone you encounter as a potential threat.

Melrose Hatred Called Out
"Melrose is now 87% white."

Apparently a 5% increase in diversity among the makeup of our population is a real threat to the bigots in this city. These bigots have previously had some filters keeping their ugliness more contained, but now they feel empowered to let loose thanks to the fine example set not only by DT, but by our own heads of state, as it were, and their hideous mockery of laws and regulations against racism. These bigots will literally do or say any ridiculous thing (and then contradict it in the next breath). The foolishness here is the implication that only some recent Cambridge or Somerville immigrants, as it were, care about these issues enough to have BLM lawn placards, implying that the real Melrosian patriot would never do such a thing.

"...if someone does tear up their sign they will go straight to the police to report it. Makes me laugh when I think about that last part." That this sick cackling individual thinks it's a laughing matter reveals a lot. And this person may be your neighbor and may be raising children. Sure, defiling the United States Constitution is really funny. Expecting the police department to honor the Bill of Rights is just a riot.

For any decent citizen who is wondering how our electoral process could have become so debauched that the United States is now putting forward the two horrendous candidates currently running for president (and is the object of international mockery and concern as a result), all that is necessary is to look around at our own community, and the sad state of our public discourse. Bigots like "Aim" are climbing out of their holes and openly taking aim, as it were, at human decency and the foundations of basic human rights for ALL that so many have fought for in this country. There are no filters of human decency with these kinds of people now, thanks to a corrupt political system, bought media, and the end result of too many years of citizen apathy, allowing the cancers to spread.

All politics being local, Melrose can look to itself and its own version of this national sickness. With city "leadership" so debauched that racism is not only condoned in the schools, it is actually being promoted in effect, it's no wonder that posters like "Aim" feel so empowered that they want to cackle and mock those who are courageous enough to call out the need to stop the insanity and the hatred. Decency is apparently outmoded in Melrose, too. Yeah, LOL.

For the record, our police department has many very decent officers who do in fact believe in the Constitution and do their best every day to protect citizens' rights. And for the record, the retort, "All Lives Matter" is like someone going into a funeral and shouting to the bereaved that "Everyone Dies." There are many police officers around the country who understand and respect this, and many who in fact have stood firm in protecting the BLM messengers because only a fool could actually think that there is no basis for the outrage, or worse, that it is a laughing matter. So much for the "True Melrosian" and the indecency of their message.

1. No one with a brain is going to read more than a paragraph of your delusional smut.
2. Melrose is 87% white, that's just a fact. Has nothing to do with racism. Just numbers don't react like a child to statistics.
3. Melrose is no different than any other city, so stop acting like it is.
4. Grow up.

This BLM MATTERS is crazy. EVERYLIFE MATTERS--
To the posts stating that Melrose is racist - consider this - there are other
cities and towns within the commonwealth that have a high percentage of whites.

Melrose was one of the first communities that enrolled in Metco.

With regards to the post that " Melrose was a Poor Community"
in which people
purchased homes - have you ever driven thru the city neighborhoods and seen
the homes that have been built here.

During the depression Melrose was one of a few communities that was building
homes.

If the realtors in this city sold a "bag of Lies" about Melrose then the issue
should be taken to the Mass Assoc of Realtors.

Melrose is Melrose -
From a "HOME GROWN RESIDENT" I miss the old Melrose. Yes, the Melrose that had
a Mayor, Board of Alderman and School Committee that had the best interest of
the city.

You mean it had republican leaders for most of its existence. Now the "new" Democratic Party which consists of self-serving liars has taken over. Seems to me that these days democrats are more the party of the rich. They talk a good game and pretend to be on the side of the middle and lower classes but actions prove wrong. Hillary promised to raise taxes on the middle class while all her zombie followers cheered. All the cities rioting, looting, burning are run by democrats who dole out the welfare to keep the people content on not having to better their lives. Promises promises promises are all they make while millionaires like Soros, Zuckerberg, the Clintons, countless Hollywood celebs and even billionaire middle eastern leaders, support them. But nothing gets better.

I saw in the Melrose Facebook page a discussion about the building going on in Melrose. Some people applauding the new monstrous building on Essex St. Yes it is nice to have an assisted-living facility but at the expense of taking away from our quaint little Victorian town? Why not build it in Robs neighborhood? How about in the eyesore lot next to Billy's roast beef. Would he like his home standing in the shadow of it? And the new lots on Porter St, right across from a picturesque view of Ell pond will be a an ugly parking lot. All the building on Washington St. The proposed 40 units on Corey st. All diminishing our quality of life by creating more traffic and making it look more like Malden. My point is that Dolan doesn't care about these things. It's about the money and the kickbacks I'm sure he's getting. He's hoping when his reign ends, he gets a cushy dem job somewhere. He's power hungry and being Mayor of our little city was never good enough. He always wanted his own metropolis and he's building towards it. When his reign ends what's he going to do? He's praying for some higher up democrat to appoint him for something and he won't hesitate about leaving this all behind.

Asdf;lkj
You mean it had republican leaders for most of its existence. Now the "new" Democratic Party which consists of self-serving liars has taken over. Seems to me that these days democrats are more the party of the rich. They talk a good game and pretend to be on the side of the middle and lower classes but actions prove wrong. Hillary promised to raise taxes on the middle class while all her zombie followers cheered. All the cities rioting, looting, burning are run by democrats who dole out the welfare to keep the people content on not having to better their lives. Promises promises promises are all they make while millionaires like Soros, Zuckerberg, the Clintons, countless Hollywood celebs and even billionaire middle eastern leaders, support them. But nothing gets better.

I saw in the Melrose Facebook page a discussion about the building going on in Melrose. Some people applauding the new monstrous building on Essex St. Yes it is nice to have an assisted-living facility but at the expense of taking away from our quaint little Victorian town? Why not build it in Robs neighborhood? How about in the eyesore lot next to Billy's roast beef. Would he like his home standing in the shadow of it? And the new lots on Porter St, right across from a picturesque view of Ell pond will be a an ugly parking lot. All the building on Washington St. The proposed 40 units on Corey st. All diminishing our quality of life by creating more traffic and making it look more like Malden. My point is that Dolan doesn't care about these things. It's about the money and the kickbacks I'm sure he's getting. He's hoping when his reign ends, he gets a cushy dem job somewhere. He's power hungry and being Mayor of our little city was never good enough. He always wanted his own metropolis and he's building towards it. When his reign ends what's he going to do? He's praying for some higher up democrat to appoint him for something and he won't hesitate about leaving this all behind.

Where do you think the nicknames of "Malden North" and "Mini Cambridge" come from? By the way I'll take Malden over Cambridge any day. Blue collar, working people of Malden > smug, rude, entitled people of Cambridge. But your post is 100% accurate. We were once a town, but those days are clearly dissipating. You can't undo whats already been done. And there is no way they are done building. Everywhere you look there is a work crew and equipment. It is chasing out older residents and replacing them with young families and young professionals. From a financial stand point I'd argue thats fantastic for our city. But from a moral and old school neighborhood feel it's a bad thing.

And I don't get angry with all the young people moving into our city, I'll just have to learn to accept it or move on. Time will tell.