Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
police

I recall when the Police Chief signed his last contract it was supposed to expire this year. Anyone hear if Dolan is going to renew it or does he have someone else in mind?

Re: police

RD has been rotten to Lyle and the previous 2 Chiefs. Who knows what manipulations are occurring behind the scenes. Dolan's support for public safety is obvious and visually undeniable. Look at the buildings where our public safety officials work! They violate health, safety and ADA public access laws. Where is the report from his public safety building committee announced during the inaugural address? Have they even met? Scam artist O'Brien, McLaughlin and Joe Nevin. Get the girlfriend Jessica S. to write a puff piece for the Free Press...oops forgot that she now works for Taymore's PR firm.

Dolan's just following the democratic agenda of don't support police officers.

Who is dating Jessica?

flat foot
I recall when the Police Chief signed his last contract it was supposed to expire this year. Anyone hear if Dolan is going to renew it or does he have someone else in mind?

The chief has about a year and a half left on his contract.

And if he has even half a brain he'll retire. I'd last about one day before I told the Mayor where to stuff it. What a rotten job.

Look, the Chief seems like a nice man, but from what I hear he is in over his head. Doesn't have the beat of the men, no leader can survive without the support of the masses. You just can't. Rumor has it around the "east side" this will be his last contract. After everything I've heard, I doubt he'll receive a going away party.

The Chief is a nice man, and no, he doesn't have the full support of the rank and file, but neither has any other Chief since Lloyd. Too much political crap and personal jealousy, especially as it applies to the three or four who are, and have always been, in Dolan's pocket. It's the 9% rule - 9% percent of the staff cause 90% of the problems.

My advice to him would be to walk away and retire when his contract is up, and while he's still young enough to really make retirement work for him. And just to stick the needle in, if I were him I wouldn't tell a single soul until the day I put in my papers. Then watch the back-stabbing crap start in earnest as some try to position themselves to be the next piece of cannon fodder/whipping boy for the Mayor.

As I said, I wouldn't last one day before I told Dolan where to stuff it. Look up "toxic" in the dictionary - the definition describes it perfectly.

So we talk about the schools when ONE teacher leaves, but we ignore the kid stabbed six times on Walgreens?? I'm shocked to be the first writing on this. Does anyone have anymore information on this? My cousin told me there were also gunshots in Melrose on Friday, WTF is happening? I thought nothing like this happened in Melrose?

You thought wrong. Welcome to Dolanville, where the truth is the first casualty.

Knife
So we talk about the schools when ONE teacher leaves, but we ignore the kid stabbed six times on Walgreens?? I'm shocked to be the first writing on this. Does anyone have anymore information on this? My cousin told me there were also gunshots in Melrose on Friday, WTF is happening? I thought nothing like this happened in Melrose?

Crime happens here all the time. Stabbings.....eh not so much, but definitely don't leave your doors unlocked. Melrose homers will have you believing we live in Mayberry, don't buy the BS new guy. Good city, but not great.