Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mayors thanksgiving speech

Anyone else feel like the mayors speech was directed toward white trump supporters? He mentioned the divisiveness of the country but felt as though he was taking a playbook from the media in which they show the few incidents hate by trump supporters but ignore the hate from the left wingers and the beatings bullying and abuse people have gotten because they voted for trump. Or the police officers killed or injured because The current idiot in the wh refuses to speak out against it. Racism goes both ways believe it or not and until people recognize this fact it will get no better. People are not going to stand for being called racist any longer while others get a free pass at racist acts. I have actually heard people say that blacks/minorities can't be racist because only a majority group can be, "according to the dictionary" in their words. These same people ignore the dictionary's definition of what constitutes a marriage though. I don't happen to care who marries whom but I am tired of the left only using facts when it fits their agenda.

Re: Mayors thanksgiving speech

The Mayor represents the sick and delusional extreme left liberals of the Democratic party so it is no surprise of what he said! He as well as others of his kind are race baiters, empty of ideas, and severely depressed about the Presidential election results - they have nothing left now that people are beginning to realize that the Democratic party no longer represents the working man/woman but instead represents the elite!

I was simply stunned that Dolan, who with the help of the superintendent of schools and school committee chair harassed and bullied (even in public)the city's and school committee's only champion of civil rights for minority students and teachers and students with learning, physical and emotional disabilities right off of the school committee. Nothing has changed since them. The powers that be continue the same shameful tactics to get the "little people" to go away. Shame on them.

Carrie Kourkoumelis truly was a champion of those who have been victims of civil rights violations and other sordid activities of those mentioned above. It would be nice to see her come back to the SC for the major restructuring that will be required once these sordid characters are purged.

Our champ
Carrie Kourkoumelis truly was a champion of those who have been victims of civil rights violations and other sordid activities of those mentioned above. It would be nice to see her come back to the SC for the major restructuring that will be required once these sordid characters are purged.

Ditto! In my humble opinion - she was the "soul" of the committee - and since she has left - the committee is now "soul-less"! You only need to watch the committee meetings now since she has left - to realize just how useless those meetings are in discussing and making transparent serious school issues - now it is all window-dressing thanks to Chair Discoll and her lemmings!

Why do these committee members even volunteer to run for school committee when they only represent a "rubber stamp"? I know the answer - self-serving - with no intention to serve the greater public.

We can only hope that Carrie has a change of heart and decides to run again!

All bull **** because he doesn't practice what he preaches.

Phony Preacher
No he does not. Pretends to be democrat but he really is a republican. The old style republican, I hope. You Trump republicans are crazy.

Republican
Phony Preacher
No he does not. Pretends to be democrat but he really is a republican. The old style republican, I hope. You Trump republicans are crazy.

Get real - Mayor Dolan is a staunch Democrat through and through! He was brought up as a Democrat, educated as a Democrat - and all his jobs were politically influenced hack jobs! He practices exactly as he preaches "quietly". He would turn Melrose into a sanctuary city if he could get away with it.