Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
High Ranking City Official

I am not one to name names but I wanted to put this out there to see if any other citizens have witnessed a high-ranking city official of the male species paying for goods on Main Street using a CHANGE PURSE!

I kid you not! I have seen it twice! He's pleased as punch it appears when he snaps the tightly calibrated clasp shut and gathers up his packages before scurrying out the door muttering indiscernible phrases.

[:-|]

Re: High Ranking City Official

Would that perchance be the same city official that NEVER misses a free meal or a chance to mug for the cameras?

Hmmmm
Would that perchance be the same city official that NEVER misses a free meal or a chance to mug for the cameras?

No - it couldn't be him - he uses a money belt!

Perhaps it's the one who steals Shaw's grocery carts to transport his groceries home routinely?

The only activity I've witnessed was the change purse. These others, while disturbing are not something I've seen but I can tell you it wouldn't surprise me one bit! I remember once, about four years ago this same official was in Papa Ginos ordering 2 pies for take out. While waiting he began shuffling his shoes on the hard floor in a staccato and halting manner…almost cha cha -ing around the store. Sadly there was no music playing so it was definitely not meant to be dancing or action modeling. The manager asked if there was anything she could do to help but the official just looked at her wide eyed and said, "You can't be serious! You punch a time clock!"

Packy
The only activity I've witnessed was the change purse. These others, while disturbing are not something I've seen but I can tell you it wouldn't surprise me one bit! I remember once, about four years ago this same official was in Papa Ginos ordering 2 pies for take out. While waiting he began shuffling his shoes on the hard floor in a staccato and halting manner…almost cha cha -ing around the store. Sadly there was no music playing so it was definitely not meant to be dancing or action modeling. The manager asked if there was anything she could do to help but the official just looked at her wide eyed and said, "You can't be serious! You punch a time clock!"

Please remember, folks, that this official has told people that he has an IQ of well over 160 - which is in the genius category - and therefore, these little eccentricities should be considered normal for a person of his high intelligence - we need to cut him some slack because of this. Let's just revel in joy that this person lives in Melrose and is an official in our great city.

I am NOT a City official, and I call mine a plastic squeeze coin HOLDER, not a purse!

My neighbor just saw him! He was haggling over some items at the Hardware Store. He was trying to buy some coarse twine and a cobblers mallet and wanted the merchant to knock off a dollar from each due to a moldy smell. She didn't notice any foot shuffling or odd gesturing but just wanted to let everyone know.

Board of Aldermen 95%
Appropriations Committee 93%
Health, Education & Welfare Committee 87%
Public Works Committee 75%
Finance Committee Nonvoting Member 100%
Legal & Legislative Committee Nonvoting Member 100%
Protection and License Committee 93%
Public Service Committee Nonvoting Member 100%

Wait - perfect attendance only for committees where you are a non-voting member?

He's got GIC insurance. Isn't he on his taxpayer funded meds?

Another sighting! About 1 hour ago in CVS on Main Street. He was doing the foot shuffling thing but the carpet seemed to hamper his efforts. He was gesturing wildly in the Oral Care aisle and he was approaching people questioning them about the effectiveness of a specific chancre medication. He kept massaging his gums with a stubby finger and moaning. My friend who saw this said it made her gag just to watch him. He then began asking for cups of salted warm water. Very odd, especially this time of year and for an official of such high rank.

That's disturbing, but it could have been worse. He could have been looking for Preparation H.

Now that you brought it up, how is the effectiveness of Prep H?

The Itch
Now that you brought it up, how is the effectiveness of Prep H?

Don't know - but you can ask the ass** at city hall - they should know!