Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cemetery Crimes and Punishment

Read the Free Press article -
First the city let Mike Hughes steal money and rip people off. They kept it a secret so he could retire with a pension. Now they treat like criminals the good people who tend the graves of their loved ones.

Re: Cemetery Crimes and Punishment

Criminals
Read the Free Press article -
First the city let Mike Hughes steal money and rip people off. They kept it a secret so he could retire with a pension. Now they treat like criminals the good people who tend the graves of their loved ones.

This is what you get with Mayor Rob Dolan - Mike was his chief of staff, then sent him to the cemetery job and now claims ignorance about the guy! The word that comes to mind - corruption!

If the city leaders need to hear the call for transparency on this issue. All information needs and should be made public, all accounts need to have an outside audit. We will see who the real hero on the board is. Time will tell. Look at the alderman list of donations. The co conspirator in this cemetery scheme that passed away donated cash on many occasions to a certain leader of the board. Funny how it's never listed on his donation form. I guess stolen cash doesn't count as a donation. This little cemetery issue runs deep.
Funny thing is the deceased had a big mouth.
D.C. You accepted stolen cash. You and RD allowed this person to run havoc and do whatever he wanted. You wrote him off as funny.
Now it's Funny how he's the one tarnishing you both from the grave. Funny how he's going to be the one to do you in. I guess he's not so funny and harmless now.
The untarnished on the board need to call for transparency. The board needs new blood. If your new to Melrose run for the board, end this generational mess.

PJ was not funny but he was a sexist drunk.

"If the city leaders need to hear the call for transparency on this issue"

What do you mean "If"? How about WHEN?

Might that co-conspirator be the late former alderman P J Spencer? That would hardly surprise me if it were.