Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Rep Clark a Disgrace

Just read the our congressional state Rep Katherine Clark will boycott the Inauguration ceremony in Washington DC on Jan. 20th because she said, "I don't want to normalize his views". She is the only member of the Mass congressional group to do this - what a classless act and such an embarrassment to our state - and shows her disrespect for the event that symbolizes the formal transfer of power from one party to the next! Even Rep Pelosi, a staunch critic of President-Elect Trump, will be attending the ceremony. However, our own Rep does not have the class or dignity to attend this momentous event!

This has nothing to do with being a Democrat or a Republican - it's about being respectful of the Constitutional process of power transfer in this country and Rep Clark by her acknowledged boycott of this event for the purpose she stated - displays an arrogance and indifference to our constitutional process. We must all remember her disgraceful conduct at her next re-election bid.

Re: Rep Clark a Disgrace

Trump is Putin's Stooge. Reagan is rolling over in his grave. We didn't win the Cold War to have Trump hand over our Nation to the head of the KGB.

Trump is a traitor to this country.

Civility? Non-violent resistance!

Sorry, but it is you who disgrace patriotic American values. Not a HRC supporter, but would have voted for the dogcatcher before voting for DT, who brings continual disgrace to our country.

Best thing online:

"No, I think less of you because you watched an adult mock a disabled person while addressing a crowd and still supported him. I think less of you because you saw a candidate spout clear racism day after day and still backed him. I think less of you because you heard him advocate for war crimes and still thought he should be given the reins of government. I think less of you because you watched him equate a woman's worth to where she landed on a scale of 1 to 10 and still got on board. I think less of you because you stood by silently while he labeled Mexicans as criminals and Muslims as terrorists.

"It wasn't your politics I found repulsive. No, it was your willingness to support someone who spouts racism, sexism, and cruelty almost every time he opens his mouth. You sided with a bully when it should have mattered most, and that is something I will never be able to forget.

"So in response to your post-election expression of hope, no, you and I won't be 'coming together to move forward.' Obviously, the president-elect disgusts me; but it is the fact that he doesn't disgust you that will stick with me long after the election."

From Bloomberg today, another strain of the same outrageously corrupt behavior by this outright criminal, traitor and liar now about to be coronated:

"Trump’s DC Hotel Tagged With $5 Million in Unpaid Worker Liens
Plumbers, wood workers, electricians have claims against hotel
Trump organization spent $212 million renovating capital site

Donald Trump’s new Washington hotel, located just blocks from the White House, owes electricians, wood workers and a plumbing and heating business more than $5 million for unpaid labor, according to liens filed against the property with the District of Columbia.

The 263-room hotel, located on the historic site of the city’s former main post office, opened in October following a $212 million renovation of the 1899 structure. The liens were filed in November and December, according to public records.

Trump has acknowledged not always paying all his bills, saying it’s often a negotiating tactic when work is subpar. His companies have been sued numerous times over unpaid work. Among them were landscapers at Riverside South Park in Manhattan, who sued in 2001 seeking $111,000. Contractors at Trump Park Avenue sued in 2003 seeking $206,000. And in 2010 a painter in Chicago sued a Trump entity developing a high-rise claiming to be owed more than $4 million."

Trump Voters: Even if open bragging about sexual assault or overt racism doesn't bother you, doesn't the failure to pay hard-working blue-collar employees for work completed bother you? How about the fact that Trump has lied and now expects all of us to pay for his ridiculous "wall"? Are you willing to work an extra 25 years to pay for all of this (because you won't be enjoying the benefits of all you've saved, since all of that will be destroyed now)?

Clark deserves our appreciation for her actions regarding the Inaugural. She has been a wishy-washy Warren wannabe (right down to imitating her hairstyle), doing nothing risky and accomplishing very little of substance. But on this one she has stood up and demonstrated actual courage. Let's hope it continues. Anyone with a brain and even a few scruples needs to rally together against the monsters now in charge.

The rhetoric here just shows that people have not moved on and unwilling to accept the verdict as well as the majority of people who voted in the states that Trump won. Get over it - people - he won! The sooner you can comprehend this - the sooner you can join the rest of us to make this country great - AGAIN! If you are not interested in helping us - then just move aside and don't interfere with our progress forward!

Hey OP you drank the Kool aid. See the headlines today? Trump wants us to build that wall with US paying! He says he'll get Mexico to pay later which they clearly said they wouldn't. Is he going to tweet insults at them or just nuke them? Either one or both are a possibility with little don. Would you pay for a wall around your house and say I'll make my neighbor pay later? Even though he said he wouldn't and you have no contract or basis to claim he would?

Every time you don't have an answer or response you say "get over it. " The point you don't get is that winning an election (with Russia's help) is not the same thing as being a leader and governing - getting stuff done. You probably love trump because he's a lot like you - unable of complicated thought and living in a fantasy world.

And she needs a makeover

"From the beginning of the great orange narcissist’s completely ego-driven campaign, it was obvious to anyone with an IQ over 75 what Donald Trump is: a bad reality TV actor and a snake oil salesman cruising to the top of the political world on the coattails of the worst kind of imbeciles America has to offer.

They followed him for being politically incorrect, which was code for welcoming racism and hate back into mainstream American society. They followed him because he wasn’t a politician, excusing the fact that as a businessman he did more harm to middle and working class America than almost anyone in Washington has. They followed him because they liked it when he fired Gary Busey on The Apprentice.

Nothing this man does, has done or will do will ever make him qualified to occupy the Oval Office. We’re in for four years of being laughed at in the international community, horrible decisions made hastily in anger, market deregulation that will make 2008 look mild and a whole lot of suffering for the middle and working class. People in poverty are just screwed.

So…how does Trump view the upcoming farce of an administration? This tweet pretty much says it all:
"Hopefully, all supporters, and those who want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will go to D.C. on January 20th. It will be a GREAT SHOW!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 6, 2017"

It will be a “great show.” His hotel is already selling 3-night minimum packages for tens of thousands of dollars. The entertainers, if you can call them that, are lining up to have their pictures taken and publicized so people recognize them when they take the stage. Trump’s inaugural committee has secured enough permits to deny anyone looking to protest the destruction of the credibility of the office of the President a place to have their voice heard.

It’s nothing but a big show that will end with a big speech and four years of big broken promises, big gains for big business and another setback for the American people that the next Democratic president elected will be blamed for by the multitudes of idiots who refuse to turn off Fox news.

2018 can’t come soon enough. If this maniac has done one thing it has been to strengthen the resolve of those opposed to him. We can’t wait for the chance to be heard, and this time there will be no surprises."

Good for Representative Clark. Time for the rest to join her. Barbara and George will be staying home, as should the rest of them.

Just found out today that Obama is all for building a wall! They are now building a beautiful brick wall around his new residence in Chicago! What a friggin hypocrite he is!

Rep Clark - Congressional Disgrace
Just read the our congressional state Rep Katherine Clark will boycott the Inauguration ceremony in Washington DC on Jan. 20th because she said, "I don't want to normalize his views". She is the only member of the Mass congressional group to do this - what a classless act and such an embarrassment to our state - and shows her disrespect for the event that symbolizes the formal transfer of power from one party to the next! Even Rep Pelosi, a staunch critic of President-Elect Trump, will be attending the ceremony. However, our own Rep does not have the class or dignity to attend this momentous event!

This has nothing to do with being a Democrat or a Republican - it's about being respectful of the Constitutional process of power transfer in this country and Rep Clark by her acknowledged boycott of this event for the purpose she stated - displays an arrogance and indifference to our constitutional process. We must all remember her disgraceful conduct at her next re-election bid.

"she refuses to support a politician so I'm gonna turn around and do the exact same thing anonymously on the internet! that'll show em!"

Uncle Sam
And she needs a makeover

you need a new personality

Trump'n Along
Just found out today that Obama is all for building a wall! They are now building a beautiful brick wall around his new residence in Chicago! What a friggin hypocrite he is!

Read this post with interest! The hypocrisy of this guy is astounding - Obama is against building a wall to keep illegals, drug dealers, terrorists, and criminals from entering our country - but he goes ahead and builds a wall around his new house in Chicago to keep citizens off his property! Next thing we will hear that he will be disarming the police in Chicago while his own security team is equipped with automatic weapons!

A bit of a stretch in that comparison!

Bruce
A bit of a stretch in that comparison!

I disagree - in both cases - walls are being built to address security issues - are they not? In the case of Obama protecting himself - the wall is acceptable - in the case of America - no security concerns! Please explain why this is not hypocrisy.

No. But she needs a makeover. DESPERATELY.

There were many reasons Trump won the election, and most of them had nothing to do with supporters of his being racist, sexist or any other "ist" or "ism" labels anti Trump people want to label Trump supporters with. The truth is Trump supporters ignored this behavior in Donald Trump because to them the alternative was far worse. Issues with Obama Administration:

1) Common Core was a disaster
2) Justice Department and Loretta Lynch continually violated constitution and was overruled by supreme court on a host of issues
3) Iran Deal
4) Executive orders in immigration and environment that were either overturned by Supreme court, or will be torn up by new administration because Obama did this without legislative support and in many cases in the face of public opinion
5) Obama Care is far more expensive than sold to public and if real costs were known congress would not have voted it in. Obama lied to the public and the legislators to get it passed.
6) Failure to recognize the problem and lead the nation on domestic terrorism issues
7) Foreign policy disasters in Syria and Libya.

The democrats need to understand that long before Trump the Nation turned on the liberal agenda. Under Obama the democrats lost the House of Representatives, the Senate, the majority of Governors offices in the country and the majority of State legislatures in the country all to Republican leadership. The Obama view on politics in America failed miserably long before Trump beat Clinton. Clinton was viewed as more of the same. So again, people voted for Trump in spite of his vile behavior because he was viewed as a far better option to the alternative, and the movement across the country started 6 years ago. No the democrats want Ellison, Sanders and Warren to lead the country. Trump won because the democrats abandoned main stream democrats for the liberal agenda, and now they want to double down.

My reply to the above posting - let them continue with that dismal group of 3! Republicans will then stay in power for the distant future! What a bunch of incompetent politicians.

The funniest part is she thinks people actually care what she does. She's a nobody in a behind the times state. We need to stop electing these crazies and catch up to the rest of the country.

lol
The funniest part is she thinks people actually care what she does. She's a nobody in a behind the times state. We need to sHer success at kitop electing these crazies and catch up to the rest of the country.

Clark's success at kissing Nancy Polosi's ass is paying off - she was just assigned to the House appropriation committee - which is one of the most powerful committees in congress.

Obviously, Rep. Clark is smart person having graduated from Harvard and Cornell - but being such a left wing liberal and part of the radical progressive group in Washington makes her part of the fringe group of Democrats. The Democratic party has become a West coast/East coast party losing their commitment to the working and minority middle class. They would rather give out free stuff (EBT cards, food stamps, free housing and the famous Obama phones) rather than to help the poor move out of poverty - that would take real work beyond rhetoric - better to have them in the poor plantations of America (urban centers of America) to ensure their future votes! What a disservice and a waste of life and opportunity to the poor of our country!

I used to be embarrassed to be from Massachusetts. Thanks to Clark, I am now embarrassed to be from Melrose.

Michael
I used to be embarrassed to be from Massachusetts. Thanks to Clark, I am now embarrassed to be from Melrose.

Can you think of any Reps worse than Markey and now Clark? It is a single party state and this is what you get from in-breeding! When we elect these types of people - the state and city deserve what they get - left wing radical liberals - with no common sense, no commitment to all their constituents, and certainly no appreciation for the Constitution! Their mentor is President Obama - need I say more?

Balderdash!

Geezer
Balderdash!

Hey, Geezer - is old age getting to you? Bill and Hillary Clinton are both attending the inaugural celebrations - including all the Democrat Senators - to honor and celebrate the peaceful transfer of power from one party to the other - yet about 68 dimwit Democrat House members are not - I call these people sore losers, poor sports, and certainly no team players! You can't be proud of these people - Geezer!

You will not suck me into this attack/defend Trump foolishness. My "balderdash" was directed at the "UGE" over-generalizations of the poster.
And certainly no one tells me of whom I can and can't be proud.

Geezer
You will not suck me into this attack/defend Trump foolishness. My "balderdash" was directed at the "UGE" over-generalizations of the poster.
And certainly no one tells me of whom I can and can't be proud.

Whoa! Don't get your hackles up - Geezer. Just thought you are patriotic enough to understand and agree that decorum and civility of the occasion should be followed - who the heck really cares about convincing you to be proud of anything - everyone is free to think what they want - which is what makes this country exceptional - whether you believe this or not.

Considering that now over 5 dozen representatives have stated their boycott of the inaugural, it might be worthy of understanding why. In the opinion of many, including a large body of lifelong conservatives, a true patriotic response in view of the hideously indecent and unethical conduct and history of the incoming president, is resistance. Being party to legitimizing such heinously indecent and undignified (not to mention illegal) conduct is not actual patriotism to many of us. This is an individual who openly brags in favor of sexual assault, refuses to disclose his tax returns, and who is being investigated by five governmental & security bodies/agencies for possibly treasonous actions. He has likened our national security agencies to those of Nazi Germany, all the while aligning himself to white supremacists and even mobsters (with whom he partied and was photographed at his Florida New Year's party). Whether it is merely gathering brownie points from the Dems or actual conscience moving someone like our state rep, this was a right call as far as many of us are concerned, including those of us who have never been fans of this particular woman. Would it be appropriate to call oneself a freedom-loving American and have attended the inaugurals for Mussolini or Hitler or Stalin? Well, sad to say, this is a valid comparison when it comes to Putin's best bud, DT. This isn't about being sore losers either, for those too shallow to understand the bigger issues. And respecting the transition of power can be done without lending one's image to the celebratory pomp of someone who is already being considered for impeachment.

"Considering that now over 5 dozen representatives have stated their boycott of the inaugural, it might be worthy of understanding why."

Political grandstanding and virtue signalling.

"In the opinion of many, including a large body of lifelong conservatives, a true patriotic response in view of the hideously indecent and unethical conduct and history of the incoming president, is resistance."

What constitutes a 'large body of lifelong conservatives?' The results of the election is evidence that there is no such 'large body.' 'Hideously indecent and unethical conduct' - examples and proof please, not opinions. And please don't bother to cite the 'crotch grabbing' audio. It's evidence of him saying something stupid in private. Not his finest moment I'm sure, but it's far less egregious than the actual actions and behaviour of previous presidents.

"Being party to legitimizing such heinously indecent and undignified (not to mention illegal) conduct is not actual patriotism to many of us."

Repeating your previously stated opinion does not make it fact. Also, please enlighten us all as to the nature of this illegal activity.

"This is an individual who openly brags in favor of sexual assault, refuses to disclose his tax returns, and who is being investigated by five governmental & security bodies/agencies for possibly treasonous actions."

It wasn't 'openly', it was a private and discrete conversation. It's not 'sexual assault' if the other person is consenting. I seen absolutely zero evidence that Trump has ever been involved in, or spoke in favor of, sexual assault. He isn't required to disclose his tax returns. And I couldn't care less if he used the system to avoid paying taxes that he could legally avoid paying. 'Treasonous actions'? Like what, specifically?

"He has likened our national security agencies to those of Nazi Germany, all the while aligning himself to white supremacists and even mobsters (with whom he partied and was photographed at his Florida New Year's party). Whether it is merely gathering brownie points from the Dems or actual conscience moving someone like our state rep, this was a right call as far as many of us are concerned, including those of us who have never been fans of this particular woman. Would it be appropriate to call oneself a freedom-loving American and have attended the inaugurals for Mussolini or Hitler or Stalin?"

And there it is, the go to card of the left. Specially, mention unsavoury people from history and then try to associate the person we don't like with them. An intellectually bankrupt statement that I will not bother to address except to call it out as such.

"Well, sad to say, this is a valid comparison when it comes to Putin's best bud, DT."

And now all attempts to present yourself as capable of rational dialogue fall away as you resort to baseless accusations and childish name calling.

"This isn't about being sore losers either, for those too shallow to understand the bigger issues."

Yes it is. My IQ is 178 so I believe that I can see the bigger issues just fine, thanks.

"And respecting the transition of power can be done without lending one's image to the celebratory pomp of someone who is already being considered for impeachment."

No, he's not being considered for impeachment. A rabid leftist from CA, whom herself has been investigated for ethics, makes a desperate and moronic of the cuff statement on TV and to you that's enough to parrot as 'fact' that Trump is 'already being considered for impeachment'?

Impeachment.....Wow Typical Liberal.....Time To Get On The Plane With The Rest Of The Idiots And head To Canada Enjoy The The Next Eight Years!!!!!God I Love This.

MY hackles are just fine thank you, neither up nor down. And, "whether you believe it or not" was hardly necessary.

Anyone who is on a tirade and touts their own alleged intelligence by pointing to a high IQ is pretty much an entitled, narrow-minded, narcissistic and delusional deviant. I have an MD AND PhD and an IQ of 180. See what I did there?

I received the following email from the Girl Scouts (my daughter is a member, so I get these emails). I was really impressed with the reasonable language and explanation of their choices in the face of those demanding that they boycott the event. If only our representatives could have such a measured response:

Dear Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Members and Families:
We have been receiving calls, emails and social media posts from our members in response to the news that Girl Scouts (along with Boy Scouts) will participate in the 2017 Presidential Inaugural Parade on Friday. I am reaching out to you to provide some background.
Girl Scouts is a non-partisan, non-profit organization that by law cannot take positions on political candidates or parties--and we take this very seriously. We encourage and celebrate the diversity of our membership. That said, we do understand that many of our local members are upset by Girl Scouts' participation in Friday's activities.
There's a place for every girl and every viewpoint in our Movement. Each council has the opportunity to make decisions based on interests and beliefs of its local membership. Our Girl Scout sisters at Nation's Capital (in Washington, D.C.) had such an opportunity in September 2016, when more than 1,500 girls applied to be part of the Presidential Inaugural Parade. Imagine the excitement the 75 selected girls felt at being chosen to participate. We heard from our colleagues at Nation's Capital, and understand what a unique and exciting opportunity this is for their girls. They were explicit that their participation is an act of civic engagement and would have happened whichever party had won the presidency. In fact, it is a tradition dating back over 100 years.
On Saturday, women and girls, including Girl Scouts, from across the country will participate in the Women's March in Washington, D.C., and a similar event in Boston. Both this activity and the parade allow girls to participate in these historic moments in a way that supports their interests, as they are choosing individually to participate.
The fact that we have different views is one of the hallmarks of our great nation and the democratic process. The recent election and upcoming inaugural activities have highlighted these differences in a way that perhaps no other election or event during our lifetime has.
We believe that Girl Scouts must stay positive, remain hopeful, and support the peaceful transition of power in our nation's highest elected office.

My response was to offer facts that disprove the accusations of others who believe that anyone who does not think as they do must be 'shallow' or too stupid to 'understand the bigger issues'.

"Anyone who is on a tirade and touts their own alleged intelligence by pointing to a high IQ is pretty much an entitled, narrow-minded, narcissistic and delusional deviant. I have an MD AND PhD and an IQ of 180. See what I did there?"

Yes, I sure did. You made a ass of yourself by offering no meaningful dialogue and, instead, went right to accusations and name calling. Well done, sir.

When Obama took office

Democrats in the house 257
Democrats in the Senate 57
Democratic Governors 28
Democratics in Statehouses 4,082
Party identification 36% D 33% I 30% R

As Trump Takes Office (8 years later)

Democrats in the house 194
Democrats in the Senate 46
Democratic Governors 16
Democratics in Statehouses 3,135
Party identification 25% D 44% I 30% R

The losses are staggering and are a direct result of the way Obama governed. The country voted for Trump in spite of all of his shortcomings because more of the same was unthinkable to them. 11% of the democratic party unenrolled. The country became a sea of RED. The temper tantrums from the democrats staying home tomorrow are not going to help the deep slide the party is going through. The party almost nominated a socialist for president and now wants the socialist Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Keith Ellison (Nation of Islam & Socialist) to lead the Party. Dem's, look in the mirror. You are all committing political suicide. Read Joe Kennedy's comments this week. Wake up before its too late. This country did not vote for Trump because its racist. It voted for Trump because the Obama Administration took the country in a direction that was unacceptable to them and they didn't want to double down for another 8 years.

I wonder what the two spinsters will be knitting tomorrow, a web of self importance or doilies? [:)s][:)s]

?
I wonder what the two spinsters will be knitting tomorrow, a web of self importance or doilies? [:)s][:)s]

Don't know but they are both disgraceful and are poor examples for our children and young adults! They are being taught that if your candidate doesn't win - hate them fight them, call them illegitimate, and then sulk and protest! What lessons to teach our children! Shame on them!

Clark and the other no-shows are from safe districts where there is no "loyal opposition". It does not require "a profile in courage." Despite a Republican governor and a large number of Trump supporters, the existence of a state or
local Republican party organization is not much more than a rumor. Exactly how Clark et al must like it.

Get With It!
Michael

Can you think of any Reps worse than Markey and now Clark? It is a single party state and this is what you get from in-breeding! When we elect these types of people - the state and city deserve what they get - left wing radical liberals - with no common sense, no commitment to all their constituents, and certainly no appreciation for the Constitution! Their mentor is President Obama - need I say more?

lol then move

dtdtjfy
Get With It!
Michael

lol then move

That's the plan.

If the Clinton's were humble enough to attend the Inauguration Ms. Clark should have respected her position and her constituents and attended today. I did not vote for Trump , but he is our President ! Will Katherine not attend anything now?

Melrosian
If the Clinton's were humble enough to attend the Inauguration Ms. Clark should have respected her position and her constituents and attended today. I did not vote for Trump , but he is our President ! Will Katherine not attend anything now?

Did you notice that she attended the free lunch? What a hack!

Will never get my vote again. She should of been like Warren and still gone for your city and state not for your feelings. I don't care how many went to Boston or Washington D.C. they are sore losers and a lot are bullies including Clark.

Rep. Clark is a hack now! She thinks that because she is in a liberal district that there will not be any push back for her stand - hey Clark - WRONG! I will work with others to defeat this unpatriotic, political hack! She has done little for our district but bring shame on us!

Thank God for Clark, a rep who is not afraid to stand up to this sicko. She nor any of our reps should be honoring a president who admits to indecent assault and battery against women. Thanks to all our reps who were brave enough to stand up against this bully.

Small Hands Luke
Thank God for Clark, a rep who is not afraid to stand up to this sicko. She nor any of our reps be honoring a president who admits to indecent assault and battery against women. Thanks to all our reps who were brave enough to stand up against this bully.

Yep - better to have the spouse of candidate in the white house who actually raped women and demeaned them far beyond what Trump ever did - and he did some of this stuff while in the Oval Office! You moonbats have no problem with Democratic rapists - what hypocrisy.

Show me the charges. Stop lying.

Fake news
Show me the charges. Stop lying.

Just read the books these women have published - go google it!

To Rep Clark: Thank you for ignoring 40% of the electorate in Merose who didn't vote for you! You have really showed your "colors" by dishonoring our vote - you just showed your political bias and disdain for 40% of the Melrose voters - by not honoring the transfer of power and not attending the inauguration of President Trump.

Have you forgotten that you represent ALL of Melrose not 60% of us? We'll show you what we think of your lack of patriotism at your next re-election bid.

Small Hands Luke
Thank God for Clark, a rep who is not afraid to stand up to this sicko. She nor any of our reps should be honoring a president who admits to indecent assault and battery against women. Thanks to all our reps who were brave enough to stand up against this bully.

Is this what you consider bravery? I call it laziness. Bravery is actually doing something, not avoiding the uncomfortable. Her job is to represent us. How can she be effective if she feels the need to avoid anything disagreeable. If Hillary could suck it up and go, she could have as well. It was childish, and had no impact on anything. It certainly doesn't help us or represent us in any way. One more grandiose gesture of nothingness. She did it to bring attention to herself and to ingratiate herself with those who already support her. Big, stupid performance. Such feigned outrage for the audience she already has. Just do your job.

They are poor losers! Did anyone every hear that statement before? This is what you have. The mess the city of Boston had to clean up and the police for these poor losers. This should of happened in the summer not after the election stupid people.

Don't forget the Trumps and Clintons are friends and the daughter Chelsea is already coming to the defense of the 10 year old child that the media is bullying. Katherine Clark you need to get out of Washington for not representing your state.

If that was you or I that said what Madonna said we would be in jail and our house computers would of been searched up and down. This is ugly we want the movie stars, singers to keep making movies and songs. Please keep your views on politics to yourself.

1 2