Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Letters to Editor

Not that I don't find the letters entertaining but can someone explain why Bob Snow keeps writing letters to the tax payers of Melrose and complaining about City government when he is no longer a Melrose resident and hasn't paid taxes in Melrose in years. It was comical that he came out against every override in Melrose on his TV show and in the newspapers but couldn't vote in Melrose because he wasn't a registered voter here, but at least he could say he was paying taxes on his "second home" in Melrose...yes, thats right, because as he was working in Somerville and living in Melrose he changed his legal residence to NH so he could beat NH taxpayers out of in-state tuition for his kids at UNH...can't make this sh*t up...but you would think that now that he has left the city entirely he would find peace and move on.

Re: Letters to Editor

He's a busy body.

Got to love it. Let the Snow do the research for Melrose taxpayers who are either too busy or too stupid to do it for themselves. He's doing us all a service. As a Melrose taxpayer, do I want to be funding Rob Dolan's friends and supporters with a final golden parachute pension for... just ten years of part-time public service?(on my dime) as a gift for a life time of sucking up to King Robbie? I will let the Melrose tax payers answer that question... given the recent graveyard scandal involving the mayor's longtime friend, godfather, confidant and former chief of staff.

I don't care whatcha say, we'd be lucky to have Bob Snow back on the School Committee!

Perhaps the Charter Review Commission will recommend a permanent appointment on the School Committee for Snow and take the mayor off.

Charter Review
Perhaps the Charter Review Commission will recommend a permanent appointment on the School Committee for Snow and take the mayor off.

And the committee would be better for it! Look at the dismal failures we have had on the committee including the chairs!

Because he's familiar with the habits of Melrose city government that haven't changed as much as some would like to think. What actual harm does he do, other than tick off people who could use some ticking off?

Concerned Melrosian
Because he's familiar with the habits of Melrose city government that haven't changed as much as some would like to think. What actual harm does he do, other than tick off people who could use some ticking off?

Reading the letter by Snow would make anyone sick and disgusted with local & city politics! Mayor Dolan is just a hack and so are many on the BOA who get these special favors dished out by Mayor Dolan! And the city is going to pay for all his corrupt practices in the decades ahead with all those juicy benefits he is handing out!

The local press does not do investigative reporting. The can't afford it. One reporter for local news is the extent of
media coverage. For better or worse, Snow fills a void.

In Snow's entire history as the town crier in Melrose he never got a fact or figure right. He makes Trump look like honest Abe. The irony of the tax payers watchdog role he takes on is that he screwed NH out of $100,000 in tuition when he fraudulently used his vacation home as his home address while his kids were at UNH..preventing him from voting in every override that he campaigned so vigorously against. The hypocrisy is awesome.

Melrose Resident

Snowballed
In Snow's entire history as the town crier in Melrose he never got a fact or figure right. He makes Trump look like honest Abe. The irony of the tax payers watchdog role he takes on is that he screwed NH out of $100,000 in tuition when he fraudulently used his vacation home as his home address while his kids were at UNH..preventing him from voting in every override that he campaigned so vigorously against. The hypocrisy is awesome.

"Never got a fact or figure correct"?

I'm a guy who has been around here for many decades - Snow got many facts and figures right! You can always tell a demagogue or a sycophant of the ruling class when they make outrageous statements. Same old, same old!

Snowballed

I don't understand. Were you standing in front of his house 24/7 to see if he was living in his Melrose residence more than six months and a day during the Fiscal tax years in question? Was he audited and found guilty of fraudulently declaring his NH home as his primary residence by MA NH or the IRS? Better back up your statements before you spew off like this.