Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Modular Classrooms

The shysters are looking to grab more than $6 Million Dollars for a few modular classrooms and some reconfiguation at Horace Mann school. The mayor said the modular classrooms had a useful maximum life of 10 years but the bond is 20 years. Melrose will pay for these long after they are condemned by.

Re: Modular Classrooms

Money Grab
The shysters are looking to grab more than $6 Million Dollars for a few modular classrooms and some reconfiguation at Horace Mann school. The mayor said the modular classrooms had a useful maximum life of 10 years but the bond is 20 years. Melrose will pay for these long after they are condemned by.

Sounds like smart planning by our Mayor hack - he will be retired before then...collecting a very generous pension - smart guy - stupid voters - but then - that's Melrose!

No mention of the fire house or police station. All about the kindergarten kids. I do not support the needless library addition. Priorities should be public safety only. I'll vote against any debt exclusion which bundles other projects with the fire and police buildings. The Message of the last election was Change and local pols need to start paying attention. It is not business as usual. The schools have had their chance and wasted millions. Now it is time to focus on public safety as the main priority. No more $ for the schools!

Watched the BOA on MMTV. The Library nonsense continued. The modular classrooms numbers game was on display. Plus another appointment to the city women's group. What does the women's group do? They have been around since last year and haven't heard much except that half of the group who were appointed to start the women's Commisison have already left. Wonder why?

Same Old Same Old
Watched the BOA on MMTV. The Library nonsense continued. The modular classrooms numbers game was on display. Plus another appointment to the city women's group. What does the women's group do? They have been around since last year and haven't heard much except that half of the group who were appointed to start the women's Commisison have already left. Wonder why?

And when will the Men's Commission be formed?

Sick of it
No mention of the fire house or police station. All about the kindergarten kids. I do not support the needless library addition. Priorities should be public safety only. I'll vote against any debt exclusion which bundles other projects with the fire and police buildings. The Message of the last election was Change and local pols need to start paying attention. It is not business as usual. The schools have had their chance and wasted millions. Now it is time to focus on public safety as the main priority. No more $ for the schools!

The lawsuits on the city of Melrose all from the schools and how they tried to cover up all the mistakes. Do you think Mayor Dolan would finally do for the fire and police department it's a mess and unsafe.