Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Water Bill

Great letter written by Phil Taymor to the Free Press about our ridiculously high water bills. I read it online Thank you Phil 👏

Re: Water Bill

Monica M. is the only BOA member who consistently shows the guts to question Melrose's W&S fiasco. She will once again top the ticket in the At Large race.

Yes, Monica will top the ticket. If Donald Conn pulls papers, he will come in second. Zwirko is in trouble with the two newbies who have already pulled papers. If Margolis and DeLillo also run, the race could be very interesting. The results will depend on how willing candidates are to question, disagree with the status quo and offer something new. Rumor is that the Indian woman is a showboater who is in Dolan's pocket (and is pregnant with twins). My family will decide how to vote for SC and BOA depending on their ties to Paymore Taymore, Margaret Driscoll and the "insiders club". My children go to Lincoln and I am sick of the continual upheaval caused by the constant change in Principals. The MPS cannot attract qualified professionals because they know the situation here.

The Mayor, the Auditor, the DPW head, the entire SC, and most of the BofA should all be indicted for fraud.

Nightmare in Melrose,

How sad that it to took a private citizen with the requisite skills to analyze and expose the city's water and sewer rate system. There was a time when the BOA had members like Taymor who brought "something to the table".
Today, there are few members who can apply any expertise relevant to a key issue at hand. The local media no longer has
the resources for any investigative reporting. Letters to the editor are the last resort. It would be nice if the BOA was able to hire outside expertise for counsel on key issues. Unfortunately, the adoption of significant policies affecting
tax/ratepayers will continue to be adopted with minimum scrutiny.

Good for Phil Taymore. He and Gerry Mroz have been speaking the truth (with plenty of factual supporting information) about all of these issues (and more) for a long time now, but Melrose just hasn't wanted to listen. Stupid population just keeps looking the other way or whining, but not stepping up to demand accountability and support the handful of actual Freedom Fighters of this community. Melrose has proven that it would easily lie down to be "collaborators" for any powerful enemy--from within or without, not a community that stands up for what's right. It's devastating to realize that about one's own beloved community, but it is a sad and now proven, shameful reality. Whether Repug or Dem, it makes no difference in the lack of political will to stand up to the obvious corrupt and unprofessional hacks running this place now.

From Wikipedia - Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent.

The landlords are now charging for water and the laundry machines went up in Melrose. Thanks you, Dolan.

You are welcome. As long as my family and my political base of young yuppie families living in their single family homes aren't affected, I'm good. Let the older folks in condos and the younger renters take on the burden of higher WS rates in order to subsidize single family home owner yupsters!