Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inequality and Anxiety

Income inequality and anxiety about life is widespread everywhere. An Override in Melrose is not fiscally affordable or psychology possible for the majority of voters. An Override can be proposed and defended by candidates running for Mayor in 2019, if deemed necessary by them. The unelected and illegitimate, GI claims that the lack of funds for the schools is not caused by mismanagement. Liar, liar pants on fire!

Re: Inequality and Anxiety

Infurna and the rest of the BOA mismanaged, hid and played games with our tax dollars for years. A petition demanding a forensic audit should be on the ballot this fall. Until facts and figures are publicly shared, an override should neither be held or supported. Transparency required.

The city made the Police get the 30,000 dollar Pomeroy audit and it actually showed they were operating understaffed and underfunded causing dangerous conditions in the City. I’m sure an audit will expose the funding shellgame being played.

It also showed they were NOT abusing overtime, which was what the original accusation was, by Fat Boy and that slimebag Dello Russo.

People who cannot afford an override are being shamed and bullied by elected officials, the SC and school administrators. People who cannot afford higher taxes are being maligned as being "against the children". I am sad and angry about how politicians misuse lies. There are many residents (including my family) who live paycheck to paycheck. I love my children. I love my children's friends. I worry because we CANNOT AFFORD higher taxes! We will vote against any override. At a neighborhood pot luck tonight (consisting of 5 families who all have kids in the MPS) the talk was about the state of the schools, fear tactics being used to promote an OVERRIDE and the REALITY of all our finances. Every parent/registered voter present will vote against an override.

I've lived in Melrose for 40 years and have seen up front and behind the scenes the slow descent into the political maelstrom that has transpired. The insiders rule with your description of bully and other subtle tactics to make us feel guilty if we don't support overrides and higher taxes for their PT jobs and life benefits and pensions. No doubt folks like you are the silent majority who come out to overwhelmingly vote against overrides. The city is reaching rock bottom in financial stability long term. It's crucial that such override votes continue. At some point and it's pretty soon, all of this mismanagement will come to public display and the silent majority will vote in blocks to oust anyone incumbent and bring new leadership to right the sinking ship.

Bob Snow
I've lived in Melrose for 40 years and have seen up front and behind the scenes the slow descent into the political maelstrom that has transpired. The insiders rule with your description of bully and other subtle tactics to make us feel guilty if we don't support overrides and higher taxes for their PT jobs and life benefits and pensions. No doubt folks like you are the silent majority who come out to overwhelmingly vote against overrides. The city is reaching rock bottom in financial stability long term. It's crucial that such override votes continue. At some point and it's pretty soon, all of this mismanagement will come to public display and the silent majority will vote in blocks to oust anyone incumbent and bring new leadership to right the sinking ship.
I was always under the impression that you had to work full time in order to receive health ins benefits. I know for a fact that someone who worked part time was not allowed to receive insurance. So my question is are the Alderman considered full time employees? Do they get paid and also can they hold full time jobs outside of city government? Why can’t they use their own employers insurance or their spouses.