Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tax Bill

I was shocked when I opened the tax bill for the new year. I haven't lived here for very long, but the tax bill is more than 25% of what it was when I bought. How has it gone up so much in a few short years?

Re: Tax Bill

Your own mistake for buying in a corrupt city with the high taxes, water bills, creepy cemetery stuff, schools ranking are at there lowest. SC and the superintendent are in this for themselves and not the students trust me.

Voting No on any Override !

Sell now and move to Saugus. You'll make a profit and then live in a town with very low taxes.

The "get out of here" approach of override supporters to override opponents is a really great way to amend Melrose's erstwhile self-image:

"Melrose: One Community Open To All - So Long As They Approve The Override"

Btw, for MM readers who are not in the habit of looking at BOA and committee agenda packets, you can find all sorts of details in the 760pp agenda packet for the last BOA meeting of the 2018 FY where fiscal year matters have to be wrapped up and tied with bandaids:

http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=3327&Inline=True

Never going to change get out if you have not invested to much.

Strike one, but you only get 2 strikes!
Your remaining choices are “two much” or “too much”.

Because your property has gone up by MORE THAN 25% since you bought. Just like any repug, you want free money from the government and pretend like it's your own. The city assesses your property annually. Your property value went up, so, obviously your taxes would too. Just like your excise tax bill goes down when your car loses value, your property tax bill will go up when it gains value. Stop complaining.

Anyone see Gail Infurna’s article on the front page of the Weekly? Like she has the ability to write it!
No, Gail you are not a true Mayor and you have no right to ask for an Override. No, No and No!