Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stolen signs

To the outspoken yes supporter Paul G, who is lumping all No voters into bad people. It was most likely one person who stole yes lawn signs and I’d still rather be lumped with the no people than with the unethical scare tactics of the yes group. I would go as far to say it was probably an inside job to make it look like the no crowd is bad. That’s their mantra.

Re: Stolen signs

No
To the outspoken yes supporter Paul G, who is lumping all No voters into bad people. It was most likely one person who stole yes lawn signs and I’d still rather be lumped with the no people than with the unethical scare tactics of the yes group. I would go as far to say it was probably an inside job to make it look like the no crowd is bad. That’s their mantra.
FALSE FLAG! FALSE FLAG OPERATION!! Sandy Hook is a hoax!!

You’re an idiot. The MTA has: 1) been caught lying to business owners; 2) been caught lying to Steele house residents and other non-profit housing; and 3) is being accused of stealing YES signs from people’s lawns.

The MTA are dirty tricksters. That’s that. Keep hiding on an anonymous message board and spreading lies.

You’re done. It’s over. You’ll lose.

I can only hope Monica is stupid enough (good odds on that) to run for Mayor and surrender her Alderman at Large seat. She will lose dramatically and Melrose Messages last hero will be vanquished.

LMB.

@Alex,

the (n)one Melrose was accused of stealing signs.

They went into elderly housing to lie, face to face.

They threaten local business owners with business loss if the owners that live in the city don't donate to or vote for their fleecing of tax payers, I mean the override.

(N)one Melrose is gross and hopefully will lose. Again.

(N)one? That’s so annoying to even physically type. The amount of time conservatives spend trying to think up -and apparently type- “clever” nicknames for people/places/things they don’t like, instead of getting the least bit informed, is so funny.

Love it
(N)one? That’s so annoying to even physically type. The amount of time conservatives spend trying to think up -and apparently type- “clever” nicknames for people/places/things they don’t like, instead of getting the least bit informed, is so funny.
I took the extra second required so you would understand. You might not recognize the nastiness of your group in my post.

You can see that I am more than informed. I didn't name names in my post but I know who did what to whom.

Alex Jones
No
FALSE FLAG! FALSE FLAG OPERATION!! Sandy Hook is a hoax!!

You’re an idiot. The MTA has: 1) been caught lying to business owners; 2) been caught lying to Steele house residents and other non-profit housing; and 3) is being accused of stealing YES signs from people’s lawns.

The MTA are dirty tricksters. That’s that. Keep hiding on an anonymous message board and spreading lies.

You’re done. It’s over. You’ll lose.

I can only hope Monica is stupid enough (good odds on that) to run for Mayor and surrender her Alderman at Large seat. She will lose dramatically and Melrose Messages last hero will be vanquished.

LMB.
Hmm...proof?
I am sure if you inserted "yes" or one Melrose for no and MTA you would be closer to the truth. 🤣🤣🤣

1) Owner of Stephen’s Auto Body calling out liars from No. Disgraceful.

Dear Facebook Community,
Recently, there was a post added by a Melrose resident stating that our business had a “vote
No” sign in front of it and we wanted to take this chance to address that message.
Community is not a term we take lightly here at Stephen’s Auto Body; community is what our
business was built on. Stephen’s Auto Body has been in business, in Melrose, for over 30 years. My
father Stephen who started this shop grew up in Melrose attending Melrose Middle and High School.
My wife grew up in Melrose attending these schools as well and we hope to continue that legacy when
we have children of our own someday. To say that Stephen’s Auto Body does not care about the school
system is 100% inaccurate, but we do however take responsibility for misrepresenting a ballot we did
not know enough about. We were approached by someone who stated that the city of Melrose was
trying to raise only commercial taxes for local businesses, but that person never specified it would be
used towards Melrose Schools, or that it would help our community. Of course, once we realized what
the ballot was for and read up about it, we immediately took down the signs that were located at our
building.
In previous years, Stephen’s Auto Body has donated to the Horace Mann School to help build a
new playground for its student’s. We’ve donated multiple cars to Melrose High School for the drinking
and driving skits to show students the ramifications of driving while drunk. We have also donated to the
JR. police academy to keep kids off drugs and away from violence. At the end of our day, when we know
there are going to be a game at the Melrose field across from our building, we try to put as many cars in
our buildings as possible, so that parent’s going to see their children have parking spots easily accessible
to them . These are just a few of the things we’ve done over the years to not only help in protecting our
community, but to help the students that attend all of the schools in Melrose.
Again, we do take full responsibility and regret putting up a sign that does not represent the
beliefs of our shop and we hope to continue helping the Melrose community like we have done since
our inception to help the community thrive.
Scott Longmuir
Manager/Owner Stephen’s Auto Body

2) Check Uncensored FB page...even the unethical Julie D. - lead of MTA - acknowledged that the flyers placed on at the Steele were lies. Unethical. Immoral. Shameless MTA.

3) Stealing Yes signs? Look at the likely suspects....

The MTA and Monica are going down on Tuesday. It is over...those “yuppies” from Cambridge just got organized and will be leading the agenda in this City for a long time. Can’t wait to hear you whine on your sad little website.

Not on FB, so I can't verify this. But, and this is only an opinion, I would suspect Stevens got blowback from some customers and decided it wasn't good for business. Curious as to when this situation happened? One account in the Patch said this happened within the past couple of weeks. With all the community dialog in the last 4-5 months, I personally find it hard to believe that Steven's didn't know exactly what the override was about.As far as the second item, and again I'm not on FB, I can't verify this statement. As far as stealing signs, only conjecture, no proof. Your last statement made me chuckle...to say it was childish is an understatement.

Have to love how something blatantly false is posted but since it plays into the no narrative, it’s all “how can you verify that this is false?? You need proof that the poster is lying!” And then when it’s things that are from the other side, it’s all “conjecture!” Very transparent, fellow anonymous message board warriors.

My husband was the one who started this discussion on Facebook. Since then, he has visited Stephen’s and talked with everyone there. The manager was really upset that he was lied to. Two other businesses owners on his thread also said they were told the same thing by volunteers with the black vote no signs. They did not put the signs up so they had no reason to feel pressure from patrons. They simply shared the lies they had also been told.

And today there are fliers with lies delivered by a “rogue” MTA volunteer to disabled people at Steele House and MTA has known about it for hours. They have told me it’s not their fault, so they won’t do anything to correct the lies.

No one is perfect, but this behavior ior of looking the other way when it suits your stance is unacceptable. Just as unacceptable as lying to businesses to get them to put up your signs.

Melrose, vote however you want, but do it based on facts and honesty. Do careful research because this is important. I trust our elected officials because they are our neighbors and friends, but also because we elect them. We decide if they keep their jobs. They work for us.

No matter what, please vote Tuesday. Research and vote but don’t vote based on stuff you read on an anonymous message board—including my post, which at least is not anonymous. I’m Kristi, a Melrose resident, volunteer, parent, YMCA member, potluck enthusiast. Community and honesty are what it’s all about.

Peace.

Hypocrites
Have to love how something blatantly false is posted but since it plays into the no narrative, it’s all “how can you verify that this is false?? You need proof that the poster is lying!” And then when it’s things that are from the other side, it’s all “conjecture!” Very transparent, fellow anonymous message board warriors.
Proof is the very tenant that are country is based on. Anonymous or not, I am not willing to say something is false or a lie unless I have proof one way or another. This is very basic, and not dependent on any agenda.

Why Be Anonymous, We’re Neighbors
My husband was the one who started this discussion on Facebook. Since then, he has visited Stephen’s and talked with everyone there. The manager was really upset that he was lied to. Two other businesses owners on his thread also said they were told the same thing by volunteers with the black vote no signs. They did not put the signs up so they had no reason to feel pressure from patrons. They simply shared the lies they had also been told.

And today there are fliers with lies delivered by a “rogue” MTA volunteer to disabled people at Steele House and MTA has known about it for hours. They have told me it’s not their fault, so they won’t do anything to correct the lies.

No one is perfect, but this behavior ior of looking the other way when it suits your stance is unacceptable. Just as unacceptable as lying to businesses to get them to put up your signs.

Melrose, vote however you want, but do it based on facts and honesty. Do careful research because this is important. I trust our elected officials because they are our neighbors and friends, but also because we elect them. We decide if they keep their jobs. They work for us.

No matter what, please vote Tuesday. Research and vote but don’t vote based on stuff you read on an anonymous message board—including my post, which at least is not anonymous. I’m Kristi, a Melrose resident, volunteer, parent, YMCA member, potluck enthusiast. Community and honesty are what it’s all about.

Peace.
From what I understand the flyer seen at the Steele house was a generic flyer, similar or exactly like the ones stuffed in the local paper. While it may have not been applicable to Steele house, it was applicable to the renters in the City. While I do not condone lying to gain votes, in the end it would have had very little impact. That said, if I saw a sign at a business, for or against, it will not change my vote.

VOTE NO
Hypocrites
Proof is the very tenant that are country is based on. Anonymous or not, I am not willing to say something is false or a lie unless I have proof one way or another. This is very basic, and not dependent on any agenda.
Sure sure. (Enormous eye roll.) And yet you’re much more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to those who match your narrative. There was no demand for proof from the original poster of the PTO ridiculousness, just for the one pointing out that it’s ridiculous.

I spoke with the moderator of the MTA Facebook page. They are aware that a VOLUNTEER did this. And they have decided not to address it even though it’s misleading at best. Looking the other way is condoning and sanctioning it. There’s time to correct it and they are choosing not to, except by saying “oops, somebody’s mistake.”

To say it would have little impact is dangerous, a commenter in the community page who is a resident of Steele House has it all confused and thinks OneMelrose put the fliers there. She said she is voting no because of the fliers. She said everyone she knows is voting no,

Every vote matters. MTA is willing to let the lies stand because it helps their cause. This is not how members of a community should behave. We should respect one another.

I have friends voting yes and friends voting no, more voting yes admittedly, but I respect your opinions based on facts. I do not respect lying to people, especially the most vulnerable citizens.

King hypocrite
VOTE NO
Hypocrites
Sure sure. (Enormous eye roll.) And yet you’re much more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to those who match your narrative. There was no demand for proof from the original poster of the PTO ridiculousness, just for the one pointing out that it’s ridiculous.
If you are going to call someone a liar, you had better have proof. Simple....end of story. Otherwise, it is just an opinion. Nothing more

Why Be Anonymous
I spoke with the moderator of the MTA Facebook page. They are aware that a VOLUNTEER did this. And they have decided not to address it even though it’s misleading at best. Looking the other way is condoning and sanctioning it. There’s time to correct it and they are choosing not to, except by saying “oops, somebody’s mistake.”

To say it would have little impact is dangerous, a commenter in the community page who is a resident of Steele House has it all confused and thinks OneMelrose put the fliers there. She said she is voting no because of the fliers. She said everyone she knows is voting no,

Every vote matters. MTA is willing to let the lies stand because it helps their cause. This is not how members of a community should behave. We should respect one another.

I have friends voting yes and friends voting no, more voting yes admittedly, but I respect your opinions based on facts. I do not respect lying to people, especially the most vulnerable citizens.
So...the mayor has repeated told these residents that their rents won't increase, but that services will be cut to them unless they vote yes.(a thinly veiled threat) Then a generic flyer is left saying that renters will see increases in their rents. So, do they not believe the mayor, or do they believe the flyer? Senior citizens are not ignorant

If you are going to accuse someone of doing something wrong (bribing voters to side with you) you’d better have proof. You’re ignoring the fact that the OP was WRONG.

Otherwisee, I could say something like

This Vote No person is a fugitive from Norway, He is a pyromaniac.

and it would be true until someone disproved it.

Oh good question, Norwegian pyromaniac!

The mayor told the residents that their rents and taxes wouldn’t increase (true fact) and that senior services will be cut if the override fails (also true, due to sever bedget cuts). This was some time ego.

Then suddenly, this weekend, some supposedly rogue volunteer lies to them that their rent will in fact increase. A volunteer lies to seniors and folks with disabilities. Facebook has shown who at least some are choosing to believe,

MTA knows this and is doing nothing.

Please don’t start any fires tonight.

Why Be Anonymous
If you are going to accuse someone of doing something wrong (bribing voters to side with you) you’d better have proof. You’re ignoring the fact that the OP was WRONG.

Otherwisee, I could say something like

This Vote No person is a fugitive from Norway, He is a pyromaniac.

and it would be true until someone disproved it.
Actually, the OP was not entirely incorrect. BTW....i could also say you are not who you say you are, and that you are posting from Russia because you have a business deal pending with the school district that will tank if the override fails.....

Why Be Anonymous

The mayor told the residents that their rents and taxes wouldn’t increase (true fact) and that senior services will be cut if the override fails (also true, due to sever bedget cuts). This was some time ego.

Then suddenly, this weekend, some supposedly rogue volunteer lies to them that their rent will in fact increase. A volunteer lies to seniors and folks with disabilities. Facebook has shown who at least some are choosing to believe,

Someone left a generic flyer. But I am sure you know this because your Russian comrade is the one who left the flyers🤣🤣🤣

Haha! Are you going to make me disprove that?

And the key accusation from OP, the thing that is WRONG to do, is bribing kids to vote a certain way. There is no way to prove how a person votes. There is nothing wrong with encouraging young people to vote and that is why OP’s statement is wrong,

But let’s not change the subject, do you smell something burning?

VOTE NO
Why Be Anonymous

Someone left a generic flyer. But I am sure you know this because your Russian comrade is the one who left the flyers🤣🤣🤣
If you’re tryin to pull the Alex Jones false flag shtick it won’t work.

The MTA moderator admitted to me it was a campaign volunteer. That’s one reason why this is so frustrating. They know who did it, they share responsibility, and still won’t do anything to correct it.

This is why not only do they not have my vote (they wouldn’t have gotten it), but the leadership also doesn’t have my respect.

Voters are different, BTW. If you vote different from me but based on your facts, we can still share respect. If you lie to people? Nah.

Why Be Anonymous
Haha! Are you going to make me disprove that?

And the key accusation from OP, the thing that is WRONG to do, is bribing kids to vote a certain way. There is no way to prove how a person votes. There is nothing wrong with encouraging young people to vote and that is why OP’s statement is wrong,

But let’s not change the subject, do you smell something burning?
I know it's early in Russia, but here in Melrose it's getting late. Good night comrade🤘

Why Be Anonymous
VOTE NO
Why Be Anonymous

If you’re tryin to pull the Alex Jones false flag shtick it won’t work.

The MTA moderator admitted to me it was a campaign volunteer. That’s one reason why this is so frustrating. They know who did it, they share responsibility, and still won’t do anything to correct it.

This is why not only do they not have my vote (they wouldn’t have gotten it), but the leadership also doesn’t have my respect.

Voters are different, BTW. If you vote different from me but based on your facts, we can still share respect. If you lie to people? Nah.
Actually MTA or it's volunteer didn't lie. They simply left information for people to decide. Good night Comrade

There you go again trying to excuse parts of lies.

A volunteer left information on cars of residents saying their rent would increase when it would not. They have been made aware of this error. They have chosen to let the lie stand. The fliers should not have been left on those cars.

(N)one Worse
@Alex,

the (n)one Melrose was accused of stealing signs.

They went into elderly housing to lie, face to face.

They threaten local business owners with business loss if the owners that live in the city don't donate to or vote for their fleecing of tax payers, I mean the override.

(N)one Melrose is gross and hopefully will lose. Again.
Again. The temp mayor tried to scare seniors in housing into voting yes. Saying that they should vote yes because the Tax increase won't impact them. Is that how you vote? Doesn't affect you financially? Go for it.

Then in case the seniors had a conscience, double team it with threatening loss of services.

But you're going on and on about some fliers left on cars? Convenient. Saw you getting the word out strategically on Facebook. Melrose's finances may not be transparent but your motives are.

I also see you misrepresenting the woman from the Steele Houses reaction. She thought they were vote yes fliers but she said she was voting NO and this was before the fliers ever showed up. Don't pretend The flier changed her mind. I know her personally and she was already decided.

The local business owners that I referred to were not Steven's. I personally know of 6 businesses where there was pressure exerted to support the override if they want to keep getting business from (n)Melrose residents. Disgraceful really.

Do not exaggerate the actions of the MTA when your side has done worse. It's typical of your deceit.

Hi Neighbir, you seem very familiar with me.

I have provided specific examples. I’ll wait for yours.

Peace.

Let me see if I have this straight - some Yes signs were stolen, and some are blaming it No supporters. Some houses were hit with eggs, and some are blaming on Yes supporters.

In all probability, both incidents are the work of a few random vandals. WTF is wrong with you people? If this is an example of the kind of chicken$hit people who now inhabit Melrose, I'm out. I've had it with all of you dipwads. Grow the f*** up.

No
Paul is basically accusing Janine of stealing the no signs in an uncensored post. Guy seems like a major a$$hole. He wrote:

Can you guys return the YES/OneMelrose signs that were stolen from many peoples yards overnight last night instead of handing out your NO ones??? 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼 Really disrespectful, inappropriate and frankly, its vandalism.

So accuse the other side without evidence and try to stop them from having their voice heard. How America of him.
And it would be petty larceny if anything. Not vandalism

Parking lot at the Steele House has loads of visitor and employee cars in it. For many reasons not all Steele House residents have cars.

Whatever. This stupid override crap has revealed a large portion of this town to be total a$$holes, more total a$$holes per square inch than anyplace else in the known universe. If I wanted to be surrounded by a$$holes all day I would have become a proctologist.

Morons
Whatever. This stupid override crap has revealed a large portion of this town to be total a$$holes, more total a$$holes per square inch than anyplace else in the known universe. If I wanted to be surrounded by a$$holes all day I would have become a proctologist.
All the mud slinging is on the yes side...

Morons
When you're right, you're right. Melrose has turned into the world's biggest Junior High School, populated by more holier-than-thou a$$holes than I've eve seen in one place in my life. I hope you choke on your own venom, because it's clear you don't have the character to behave as decent human beings, or the self-awareness to be ashamed of yourselves. You make me sick.