Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GI

I hope there was no vote to let GI continue for a few months as Mayor. Let’s use this money elsewhere! Does anyone know if it was vetoed ?

Re: GI

It was voted down.

Come On, Man
james p
yes you are she is useless.2 hour lunches across from shaws every friggin day.wake up people we need a real mayor not one that was not voted in but appointed by the alderman
What? We are getting a new mayor. That's a sure thing. I was specifically asking where this extra money is coming from that the OP was talking about.
She wanted to work a few months together with the new Mayor as he/she transitions into job So 2 Mayor salaries for these months

Come On, Man
james p
yes you are she is useless.2 hour lunches across from shaws every friggin day.wake up people we need a real mayor not one that was not voted in but appointed by the alderman
What? We are getting a new mayor. That's a sure thing. I was specifically asking where this extra money is coming from that the OP was talking about.
Do we actually think that GI staying on for 2 additional months is going to be helpful in any way? Is GI going to be paid for the two additional months while the new mayor is also going to be paid? Something is afoot....of course it is a moot point since it was voted down😁

Resident
Come On, Man
james p
What? We are getting a new mayor. That\'s a sure thing. I was specifically asking where this extra money is coming from that the OP was talking about.
She wanted to work a few months together with the new Mayor as he/she transitions into job So 2 Mayor salaries for these months
I was not for the extension but this is not was was proposed at all. The proposal was to postpone inauguration of the new mayor to January. Can we keep our facts straight and maintain some credibility?

Resident
Come On, Man
james p
What? We are getting a new mayor. That\'s a sure thing. I was specifically asking where this extra money is coming from that the OP was talking about.
It is beyond unbelievable that someone that cares enough about local politics to post on a message board explicitly for the topic even REMOTELY thought this could be true. And then the next poster believed them. This place is not for people who want to know things, it is just for people who want to spout off like angry dunces. This just proved it

So the poster was confused. Partially. Infurna did want the extra months of salary. No doubt because she asked for it. There would be no overlap though BUT it goes to show how ridiculous that part of the charter is.

How could that have been missed and/or approved? Who read that charter??? As usual no one takes responsibility for gross errors. Gross errors that impact the city.