Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mayor

Melrose obviously we are in dire need of a STRONG Mayor going forward. Someone who cares about OUR city and OUR residents. . So candidates show me how you will stand up for all of Melrose. I do not think we could(or want ) ever be a sanctuary city when we can’t even help our neglected tax paying citizens on Brazil St. Where is the government voices! Disappointed in our City Hall right now. Also when the heck did we appoint a deputy mayor ?

Re: Mayor

Resident
Melrose obviously we are in dire need of a STRONG Mayor going forward. Someone who cares about OUR city and OUR residents. . So candidates show me how you will stand up for all of Melrose. I do not think we could(or want ) ever be a sanctuary city when we can’t even help our neglected tax paying citizens on Brazil St. Where is the government voices! Disappointed in our City Hall right now. Also when the heck did we appoint a deputy mayor ?

It's funny that you guys address questions directly to the candidates when they almost certainly aren't participants on this board, and even if they were, theyd be anonymous and you couldn't verify it.

But then you'll pretend to be mad when they don't answer these questions, because none of you ever ask them.

Stop playing around with the Quote button Come On,Man. Who cares about the city it's not going anywhere and I've been a resident here for four decades and nothing is going to change. I live on the next st. from Brazil. Brought a bag of food, clothes, water to my friends on Brazil St.

I'll tell you
Stop playing around with the Quote button Come On,Man. Who cares about the city it's not going anywhere and I've been a resident here for four decades and nothing is going to change. I live on the next st. from Brazil. Brought a bag of food, clothes, water to my friends on Brazil St.
By "playing with" do you mean "using appropriately"?

And I care about this city. It's where my kids will graduate, and where my grandkids will visit. I'm in this for the long haul, and I want to see it improve every day. I don't understand how you can say nothing will change - many things have changed in the over a decade I've lived here. I'm sure it's very different from 40 years ago, and it 40 years it will have changed at least that much.

Well done for supporting your neighbors. It sounds like many of us have.

This kind of heavily manipulated political process is shameful and needs to be corrected if Melrose ever hopes to pull itself out of the mire it has allowed to degrade the community. How many more kinds of investigations, fines/penalties, Boston Globe articles, findings of major violations will it take for citizens to demand corrective action of/by its elected officials and governing bodies?

As long as they continue to either not investigate, or stop the investigation once 'people think' that all involved have been punished (the cemetery, for example), the hole that's being/been dug will only get deeper.