Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New drivers

I read with interest an entry in this weeks (8/2/19) Melrose Weekly News that millennial type parent has a daughter that is a new driver and is experiencing the types of drivers that drive around the Commonwealth. Since I got my driver's license many moons ago I have experienced these same type driving problems many times over.Instead of asking us Melrose residents to watch out for your child why not just toughen your child to the realities of life. Not all drivers in Melrose are from Melrose. Drivers come from everywhere. Just have your child drive within the Rules of the Road and she'll be OK dealing with other drivers.

Re: New drivers

I always think that when I see the complaints about drivers in Melrose. Believe it or not, there are people driving in Melrose who don't live in Melrose.

My recent favorite on the MCG discussions about the rotary is how the Howard St residents don't want trucks in their street. No one does but if you live on a thoroughfare that is connected to the highway, you're going to get them. If they can't go down the Lynn Fells, then they will go down Howard St. You should have thought of that when you were moving here with the "littles".

I agree. Why do we have to teach your kid the rules of the road? YOU teach her. She needs to learn what to do and when to do it! She needs to get out there and get the experience of driving and interacting independently and be interdependent with other drivers. Both you and your daughter need to stop whining!

Ch90 driver
I agree. Why do we have to teach your kid the rules of the road? YOU teach her. She needs to learn what to do and when to do it! She needs to get out there and get the experience of driving and interacting independently and be interdependent with other drivers. Both you and your daughter need to stop whining!
As always, you people are ridiculous. Yeah, she's a whiner because she suggested people maybe should stop driving like impatient jackasses. "don't tell me not to drive like a pcp crazed chimp, this is 'Murica and I do what I want!"

The problem is, you almost certainly took offense to this because you're one of those awful drivers she's talking about, and you don't even know it.