Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Essex Street Plans

The Carroll project with the merry go round parking device is not the only building planned for Essex Street. Sexton and Donahue and the Vietnamese Cleaners have been kicked out of their rental spaces. The building owner has sold to a developer who plans to demolish and build a 5 story condo building. Omg !!!!!!

Re: Essex Street Plans

And you don't want the additional tax dollars because..............?

Essex Street Plans

The Carroll project with the merry go round parking device is not the only building planned for Essex Street. Sexton and Donahue and the Vietnamese Cleaners have been kicked out of their rental spaces. The building owner has sold to a developer who plans to demolish and build a 5 story condo building. Omg !!!!!!
It will be nice to get some more density on this part of Essex St. A realty office is a horrible tenant for a storefront in a business district. I know the cleaners were getting older, so perhaps they wanted this so they could retire. Can't wait to see what they propose. Some private investment should be able to contribute a good amount of area mitigation funds.

The 5-story project is not for Essex Street but for the MMTV building on Main St between the Mobil station and Dunkin'. The Essex St project is a 4 story project.

Wood and Fire not happy. This proposed project will hurt their profits big time during construction. Cleaners lease will be a holdout just like Barber Shop was for Moynihan Plaza. Insulting and presumptuous that they want to retire when called old. Sexton and Donahue are having great difficulty finding a place for their RE business. So 2 major condo developments on Essex Street at the same time plus the MMTV Building and Marty’s furniture. Fix the infrastructure first to see if the water and sewer systems can support them. The public transit system that everyone promotes also needs fixing. It cannot support the current residents and the proposed numbers of condos and apartments will make driving in Melrose even more congested and unsafe.

too much too fast

Wood and Fire not happy. This proposed project will hurt their profits big time during construction. Cleaners lease will be a holdout just like Barber Shop was for Moynihan Plaza. Insulting and presumptuous that they want to retire when called old. Sexton and Donahue are having great difficulty finding a place for their RE business. So 2 major condo developments on Essex Street at the same time plus the MMTV Building and Marty’s furniture. Fix the infrastructure first to see if the water and sewer systems can support them. The public transit system that everyone promotes also needs fixing. It cannot support the current residents and the proposed numbers of condos and apartments will make driving in Melrose even more congested and unsafe.
Welcome to Malden and Everett 🤷🏻‍♀️

Well thank heavens, people are finally starting to admit that we're NOT, and never have been, Winchester and Lynnfield, and there's nothing wrong with that!

I can't wait to see the orange line expand into Melrose

Is there a link that references Marty’s furniture and Sexton/Donahue leaving? I have no heard any of this. Oh and by the way, 87 Essex st will be going up soon as well. Bye bye bedroom community.

Willie
And you don\'t want the additional tax dollars because..............?
Because they will just waste it on the schools again

Life is good.So just grow up.

I remember when Dolan ran for Mayor. He said he would keep an open mind about whether or not to support the development of Oak Grove Village. Once elected he supported it. I don't think there were any substantial developments that he did not support. Including that project, Melrose has probably added over one thousand apartments and condos.

We kept geting told that it would help our tax base but yet we pay more every year. In return we have a bumper to bumper traffic mid-day on Main Street. Many once quiet residental streets have become cut through streets for motorists trying to avoid the congestion on Main Street, Upham Street, Lebanon Street, Franklin Street, and others.

I anticpate these condo's will have constant turnover as the owners get sick of the views of municipal parking lots, Shaws, and the Mobil station for example.

The developers are doing well but the residents of Melrose are losing out. The primary appeal of Melrose was its' small city quality of life. Slowly but surely that has been diminishing.

What is the cost? The local governments are in the pockets of developers. What about crime and the sort of people it will bring?

who will buy those condos? You think someone with money and class? No some landlord who will then get some strippers to rent.

Melrose is a small community. The greedy developers are ruining it.

The primary appeal of Melrose was its'Locations of the city of Boston and all highways and public transportation.You all need to wake up.And a pretty good public education system.Yes i am talking about Melrose.

Tough Friday night, eh?

Bismark, you've been on the ocean floor too long.

Pretty good public education system is incredibly generous.

Bismark
The primary appeal of Melrose was its'Locations of the city of Boston and all highways and public transportation.You all need to wake up.And a pretty good public education system.Yes i am talking about Melrose.
Melrose schools needed a prop 2 1/2 just to stay afloat. I would not classify that as a good school system.