Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mayor- Paul B

Late term abortions? Wow. We will elect someone who won’t protect the future. Unreal!!!

Re: Mayor- Paul B

Well, regardless of one's position on the issue, if he becomes mayor of Melrose it would mean he will be much further removed from legislative power regarding the issue. City governments have no say on state law on the matter.

Oh for gawd's sake, grow up and stop believing these fear- and hate-induced fairy tales. No one is advocating for late-term births, and in fact the most liberal of the liberals would never suggest anything other than that these are matters that need to be left between a woman and her doctors. This fear-mongering craziness about babies being ripped from their mothers is as insane and unfounded as the birther crap that the same nutjobs put out there. Not a fan of PB for lots of other reasons, but this kind of tinfoil hat stuff does no good for anyone.

Its true the liberals already said they were for late term abortions.heard it said many times and why is it a womens choice alone what about the father he should have a say he has alot to do with it i think.Takes 2 to tango.....abortion not right my opinion my rite......

It’s on his website for the House. I believe he even supports a nine month abortion law. Very nice guy but that is way to scary to vote for and have as a mayor!
Respect human life. Obviously he doesn’t

Melrosian,if the fairy tale were real, would you still support it? Just curious. Have you read the Roe Act?

You are all gross! Do you think anyone (and I mean any f'ing one!!) chooses to have a voluntary abortion in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy?

3rd trimester abortions are for maternal safety or genetic fetal development issues that would be adverse to the baby surviving or thriving.

You are living in your own sick and twisted abortion fantasy world if you think there are scores of women who love the feeling of being fat and pregnant for 9 months and then choosing to abort the baby days before it's birth. Obviously they wouldn't. They would do it prior to 20 weeks gestational age like every other woman who wants or needs an abortion does.

It is perverse that anyone could even think that. I honestly think part of you freaks likes imagining late term abortions just so you can curtail people's rights to necessary services. You have painfully little respect for the life and humanity you claim to support

This f'n place
You are all gross! Do you think anyone (and I mean any f'ing one!!) chooses to have a voluntary abortion in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy?

3rd trimester abortions are for maternal safety or genetic fetal development issues that would be adverse to the baby surviving or thriving.

You are living in your own sick and twisted abortion fantasy world if you think there are scores of women who love the feeling of being fat and pregnant for 9 months and then choosing to abort the baby days before it's birth. Obviously they wouldn't. They would do it prior to 20 weeks gestational age like every other woman who wants or needs an abortion does.

It is perverse that anyone could even think that. I honestly think part of you freaks likes imagining late term abortions just so you can curtail people's rights to necessary services. You have painfully little respect for the life and humanity you claim to support
Spot on! Thank you!

And whatever one's position, a move by Brodeur from legislator to mayor is a move out of a job where he has a direct vote on state law to one where he no longer will.

Concerned Melrosian
And whatever one's position, a move by Brodeur from legislator to mayor is a move out of a job where he has a direct vote on state law to one where he no longer will.
That is true. It's also a move to get another pension.

True
Concerned Melrosian
And whatever one\'s position, a move by Brodeur from legislator to mayor is a move out of a job where he has a direct vote on state law to one where he no longer will.
That is true. It's also a move to get another pension.
Same pension. He wouldn't get 2 pensions, it would add years and a higher salary to his current pension.

Not if he has already taken his pension from the city. Once you do that, it cannot be altered. Infurna tried that, remember?

I don't know how long he was a state rep, but if it was longer than 10 years, he could very well be eligible for a second pension. There is an exception in the rules for elected officials. (Of course there is.)

He's been state rep since 2011. He was preceded by Katherine Clark for a time, and Mike Festa for a few terms before that.