Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Go Already

The Illegitimate Mayor is trying to change liquor laws before she leaves office. Go already, Gail. If or when the Liquor laws are changed, they should be done so by the new Mayor and new Council who will be voted into office in two weeks. She was never elected by voters in Melrose to the office of Mayor. Her time is up and she should NOT attempt any major changes. Try and leave office with a shred of decency and dignity, Gail and go already!

Re: Go Already

Which friend of hers is looking for a liquor license?

Like most of the laws in Melrose, this one is outdated. I’m a lifelong resident but welcome most of these changes. This isn’t the 50’s, the liquor laws needed to be revamped. Same with the parking ban, glad that will be hitting the bricks as well. Not one viable or logical to keep it.

It is inevitable that within the next few years there will be a legitimate bar somewhere in the city of Melrose. So why people are whinging about this is beyond me. This city has changing so quickly, it makes your head spin. From the influx of new residents, to the growing downtown, to the developments going up all over the city, some of it is good, some of it is bad, but its happening whether we like it or not. Enough with this "thats how we've always done it" crap. Let adults be adults, if I want to go to Turners for a few beers and not eat, I should be able to do to that. And I think soon, I will be able too, no way that law doesn't change as well.

Parking ban is not going to be changed.fire trucks need to get down streets.streets are not wide enough in melrose plus we dont want to become somerville now do we.

mike Delise
Parking ban is not going to be changed.fire trucks need to get down streets.streets are not wide enough in melrose plus we dont want to become somerville now do we.
1. Melrose will never look like Somerville.
2. Fire engines move around just fine during the busy daytime hours, they will be just fine at night.

cars are not there during the day most at work at night all over the place one fire and truck cant get down street then what?

You need a new argument mike. No one buys that one, believe me!

mike Delise
cars are not there during the day most at work at night all over the place one fire and truck cant get down street then what?
There are cats everywhere during the day. Fire engines move around just fine. This is an absurd argument.

It might be absurd but it didnt happen did it...not a single vote for it....no overnite parking in melrose.will never happen.

Paul Broduer accepted a $500 donation from something called Beer Distributors PAC. I am sure he will take a courageous stand on this issue.

Vote For the First Woman in Melrose for Mayor: Monica will be Fair to ALL! The other candidate will be like all the rest for mayor. PB will be the same MM will be different for our city. Vote out some of the SC and hope PB don't get in cause that's who Taymore wants and the administration. Clean the Swamp.

If the city votes the same SC nothing changes with Taymore.