Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Council Elect New Member as Chair - Really?

Let see if I have this correct - the councilors elected the newest ,member, Jen Grigoraitis, chairperson for the Council for 2020? Needless to say, Jen has zero experience as a Councilor and zero experience on the rules, regulations, and procedures of the Council!

Yet they totally ignored an experienced Councilor in John Tramontozzi, who could be an excellent mentor to the many new councilors and to show them the "ropes" while they gain more experience as time goes on. Being chairperson requires a person to thoroughly understand rules, regulations, and Robert's Rules of Order as well as council procedures to lead discussions and manage the intricacies of decision-making and resolutions of issues.

It is apparent that we have a new group of councilors who feel they need no or little help in carrying out their duties - I am nervous about this group already - and so should you!

Re: New Council Elect New Member as Chair - Really?

Agreed 🤦‍♀️

K L-G is Rep bound. She would have been the obvious and best choice. Tramontozzi had a challenger who did well. He was observed often during meetings either looking at his phone or sleeping. MacMaster will pay for standing up to GI and company during the Brazil Street **** show. The incumbent men have been left out in the cold. JG seems really bright and is the best option of all the Councilor elect folks. Obviously deals were made and Brodeur wanted JG.

Not an issue. Monica was there for years and never learned how to read a spreadsheet!

I was surprised too but I guess she'll learn as she goes. Going to be irritating to see people making excuses for her fumbles because "she doesn't know. She's new."

That's why you have someone with at least one day of experience on the council lead it. She never attended a single meeting as an elected councilor but now she is the president?

Spoken by a true idiot! Go back to your mom's basement where you belong!

Yes, "Harry" we read your comment on the article in Patch. This is sour grapes. Tramontozzi was not "ignored." Quite to the contrary, he simply lost.