Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm voting for Brandon Reid & maybe you should too

I'm voting for Brandon Reid because I'm proud of him for making it on to the ballot despite some very low odds and this effort deserves support. I am not a Republican but I believe in a balanced government and Mass has an overabundance of the a Democratic perspective.

Standing behind the idea of never voting for a Republican because I don't like their national platform hurts me more than it hurts the republican national platform. I care if there is choice in local elections and that people are willing to run.

KLG is just another mouthpiece of the not one Melrose with the one voice and zero original thoughts. She does not care about serving the constituents in the state rep position anymore than she cared about serving constituents in the city councilor position. She is trying to move up and she's smug.

Re: I'm voting for Brandon Reid & maybe you should too

Thank you for your kind words and support! A big part of why I'm running is that state government needs people with new ideas and a fresh perspective. Also, like you mentioned, with 125 Democrats and 31 Republicans in the MA House of Representatives, there is a lack of balance. Democrats are not being challenged or kept on their toes, leading to complacency and a sort of gang mentality.

My opponent will bring nothing new to the table and blindly support the overwhelming Democratic majority in the house, to gain favor with the party for her next run.
I'm here to represent my constituents, and advocate for everyone in this community.

I encourage everyone to get out and vote, and remember to pull both the presidential primary ballot and separate special election ballot (State Representative ballot).

Thanks again, Non Partisanship!

That sounds great, I’ll definitely vote for you! But then again, I’ll also vote for KLB, because I don’t want to disagree with, or slight ANYONE on this wonderful message board!

@Willie I see what you did there 😃.

@Brandon Rooting for you and thank you for taking this chance. It takes courage to go against the grain but this is what democracy is all about.

Write in Monica! She can do it! Brandon Reid is a conservative carpet bagger. Don’t be tricked...only 152 people thought he was worthy. 152. Monica got 4,000 votes for mayor!!!

Monica is the one!
Write in Monica! She can do it! Brandon Reid is a conservative carpet bagger. Don’t be tricked...only 152 people thought he was worthy. 152. Monica got 4,000 votes for mayor!!!
Stop being silly. Please. You are subversive. Why????

Add to Brandon's votes!!!!