Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you to all who made it out to vote!

It was an uphill battle from the start, but I'm proud of our effort and thankful to all who made it out to the polls.

Re: Thank you to all who made it out to vote!

Low energy. Low outcome.

Sad!

Brandon Reid
It was an uphill battle from the start, but I'm proud of our effort and thankful to all who made it out to the polls.
Thank you for running. Twenty percent of the vote might not have been what was needed but if you consider the odds you were against, I think you did ok.

It was essentially the Democratic primary and "Kate" has a following here although no one seems to care that she is solely trying to get the best political job that she can. It's not about service for her.

Sticking your neck out takes courage and you were willing to do that. Thank you again.

Some posters on here are rude for the sake of being rude. That has always been true here but it's gotten much worse. This used to be a place to discuss unpopular opinions of the Melrose government and school system because there are many apologists who lurvee anything anyone does here if they're in the self congratulatory clique and this board offered honest analysis of bad behavior.

I wonder if some of the asinine (n)one Melrose people started the Monica chant. Some of those folks have been dragged on here in the past and although they ooze fake sweetness, it's fraudulent. They have been playing the game for years to benefit themselves and their oh so precious little humans.

Non Partisanship
Brandon Reid
It was an uphill battle from the start, but I\\\'m proud of our effort and thankful to all who made it out to the polls.
Thank you for running. Twenty percent of the vote might not have been what was needed but if you consider the odds you were against, I think you did ok.

It was essentially the Democratic primary and \"Kate\" has a following here although no one seems to care that she is solely trying to get the best political job that she can. It\'s not about service for her.

Sticking your neck out takes courage and you were willing to do that. Thank you again.
My pleasure, and thank you for your support. It was a tough election to run as a Republican, but I strongly believe people deserve a choice and was honored to offer that to voters.

Non Partisanship
Some posters on here are rude for the sake of being rude. That has always been true here but it's gotten much worse. This used to be a place to discuss unpopular opinions of the Melrose government and school system because there are many apologists who lurvee anything anyone does here if they're in the self congratulatory clique and this board offered honest analysis of bad behavior.

I wonder if some of the asinine (n)one Melrose people started the Monica chant. Some of those folks have been dragged on here in the past and although they ooze fake sweetness, it's fraudulent. They have been playing the game for years to benefit themselves and their oh so precious little humans.
Or maybe they just don’t like you.

Thank you Mr. Reid.

@Or It is possible but I have never seen anything to make me think that. I get invited to private events and don't feel excluded. I don't like rah rah cheerleader phonies and this community has many residents that prefer not to analyze what is in front of them.

Non Partisanship
Thank you Mr. Reid.

@Or It is possible but I have never seen anything to make me think that. I get invited to private events and don\'t feel excluded. I don\'t like rah rah cheerleader phonies and this community has many residents that prefer not to analyze what is in front of them.
I actually feel bad for the people on here making the childish comments. It's just not normal behavior. Maybe something happened in their lives that made them this way, I don't know, but I have sympathy for them.

You are a better person than I am.