Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ward Hamilton - Defender of the Red Raider Slur

Municipal elections are not being held this year, so the Melrose School Committee is not having elections. He's running for the Melrose seat on the Northeast Metro Voke committee, and his opponent was just discovered not to be a resident of Melrose and thus disqualified from receiving votes, so Hamilton will win by default no matter what.

Will the "One Communinity Open to All" sycophants ACT LOCAL and call out this candidate for his support of this racial slur?

Hamilton pushes out that Red Raiders is honoring something else - you know that's bull. It's a passive aggressive move to get away using a racial slur, while acting as if he's not. He has support from his high school buddies Paul Brodeur and Rob Dolan. That good-old-Melrose crowd refuse to disavow Red Raiders. It's the 21st century. That good-old-Melrose bullxxxx has got to go. No one who champions racial slurs should be elected to a School Committee, Mayor or anything else.

Old Melrose
Hamilton pushes out that Red Raiders is honoring something else - you know that's bull. It's a passive aggressive move to get away using a racial slur, while acting as if he's not. He has support from his high school buddies Paul Brodeur and Rob Dolan. That good-old-Melrose crowd refuse to disavow Red Raiders. It's the 21st century. That good-old-Melrose bullxxxx has got to go. No one who champions racial slurs should be elected to a School Committee, Mayor or anything else.

Couldn't agree more. And this latest hire of Brodeur's--Polly Latta--is proof that this mayor has zero actual sincerity in correcting the outrageous lack of diversity in staff hiring. This was a golden opportunity for him, and instead he chose the most status quo of the status quo options. He's as phony as his two predecessors on this count. And the fact that none of the elected officials (are there any?) has risen up against the Red Raiders racism is proof in the pudding that racism is baked so deep into the fabric that the staged one-hour taking a knee on Lynn Fells was about as far as any of them will go even to pretend to care about these issues.

melrosian
Old Melrose
Hamilton pushes out that Red Raiders is honoring something else - you know that\'s bull. It\'s a passive aggressive move to get away using a racial slur, while acting as if he\'s not. He has support from his high school buddies Paul Brodeur and Rob Dolan. That good-old-Melrose crowd refuse to disavow Red Raiders. It\'s the 21st century. That good-old-Melrose bullxxxx has got to go. No one who champions racial slurs should be elected to a School Committee, Mayor or anything else.

Couldn't agree more. And this latest hire of Brodeur's--Polly Latta--is proof that this mayor has zero actual sincerity in correcting the outrageous lack of diversity in staff hiring. This was a golden opportunity for him, and instead he chose the most status quo of the status quo options. He's as phony as his two predecessors on this count. And the fact that none of the elected officials (are there any?) has risen up against the Red Raiders racism is proof in the pudding that racism is baked so deep into the fabric that the staged one-hour taking a knee on Lynn Fells was about as far as any of them will go even to pretend to care about these issues.
Melrose:
"One Community Open to All but ONLY IF you suck up to the Old Boy/Old-Girl crowd. OTherwise, they won't let you in their little clique. Melrose long ago lost its government to a sorry group who never stopped behaving like middle schoolers. Look at who gets the jobs -the sycophants- and who gets bullied -anyone who dares contradict the mayor.

I have only seen story about the person dropping out of race online. No other newspaper are reporting this so is this a true story or just a bullying by a online group trying to get their way? I wonder how Melrose people have become so vicious to others. Do we know the full story ? I’m voting for the guy they said dropped because I think it’s a lie by the online defenders of Melrose want to be’s.

Vote Andy White!
Mr Hamilton is the good old boys.
Time for a change.

If a racist gets elected the City Council should vote to censure him.

Why would you POSSIBLY vote for someone who has withdrawn from the race (White) and didn't even show up for his residency hearing?
If you want to 'protest' the other candidate, at least do a write-in to "show your displeasure".

Any votes cast for Mr White will not count, as he's been disqualified.

After reading the article I’m not quite sure about what this means. I’m shocked how you can remove an American of their constitutional rights to vote. I listened to his wife speak she is definitely a scorned woman who has hatred in her heart. I think there is more to this story let’s sit back and watch. I’m still voting for the guy because he’s has not said a word bashing his wife during this event.

Political watchdog
After reading the article I’m not quite sure about what this means. I’m shocked how you can remove an American of their constitutional rights to vote. I listened to his wife speak she is definitely a scorned woman who has hatred in her heart. I think there is more to this story let’s sit back and watch. I’m still voting for the guy because he’s has not said a word bashing his wife during this event.
Thank you, "watchdog," you are correct. There is a backstory here, and it's not what mayorB and his hacks (Van C--Melrose's great legal mind, its own Guiliani) would have you believe. Andy has not said a bad word about his bat$hit crazy and malevolent drug addict soon-to-be ex, or his severely impaired son, whom he would never want to hurt. The story is not what is being portrayed, and shame on Patch for putting it out there the way it has. AW is a dedicated citizen and father, as is well known to the many who've seen his tireless devotion over decades, in so many venues (coaching, serving on school committee, driving his children back and forth dutifully each day, sitting by his son's bedside at Children's, and on and on). He's easily misportrayed because he's not a smooth, sophisticated educated person but rather a smart and hard-working person who's had to forge a life from scratch. He never stops trying to do better, give more, work harder, and he would be an excellent addition to the board of a school his daughter has graduated from and excelled at (now a college student). He has great instincts about where questions need to be asked, and he's courageous in asking them. He would also be a huge improvement over the joke of a representative that school had for too many years, and certainly better than a guy hand-picked by the "red raiders"-loving jerk (sycophant of the "OneMelrose" cabal) that PB is eager to see enthroned. Also, that hearing was a total $hitshow/sham, and the candidate was never actually served that so-called summons, so he didn't even know the meeting was happening until it was over and he read about it. Shame on all the participants! All so sordid and on the fringes of "legal" in the way that Melrose sadly excels at.

Geezer
Why would you POSSIBLY vote for someone who has withdrawn from the race (White) and didn't even show up for his residency hearing?
If you want to 'protest' the other candidate, at least do a write-in to "show your displeasure".
In the year 2020, why would anyone even CONSIDER voting for someone who rabidly defends racist positions? It's a sad year when the results of a messy divorce are more disqualifying than being the loudest defender in town of perpetuating racism.

I am simply saying that it's imbecilic to vote for someone who has withdrawn from the race, for whatever reason!! Is that difficult to grasp?
Why/if he should have or have not withdrawn is a completely different issue!

He didn't withdraw.

He DID NOT withdraw from the race! You have proof of that?

You seem to know everything about this family! Positing personal things, she’s an drug addict, the son is severely impaired!! He’s soon to be divorced one thing is to protect the dude but to post **** about their personal life? 🤦‍♂️ SMH!

You are clearly responding to resident's post, not that of those preceding yours.

Did you watch the "hearing," as it were or learn of what was said from individuals present or involved parties? Then you would have known some of those details from what was said by the soon-to-be ex, including references to her son's IEP, etc. The city is responsible for turning this into a public debacle with information shared that should not have been, not a melrosemessages post! Have you ever walked the 2nd floor of City Hall and heard what is said by those being paid to represent the citizens--much of it mocking and loud enough to be heard publicly? Nothing has changed since the despicable conduct of RD. The same kind of ignorant, mean-spirited attitudes and conduct continue. If anything it's all even more seedy because RD was wily enough to conceal some of his worst tendencies, while PB really isn't very smart (and GI even less so).