Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welcome Back

Congratulations to Acting Principal, Joyce Schlenger. She is the only Principal in the District who has a "Welcome Back" letter on the front of her school's web page. The letter was professional, warm and informative. Interesting to note all the new staff which she took the time to introduce to the community. Great beginning and a model other Melrose School Administrators should note. With all the parent and teacher confusion and unhappiness in the schools last year, it is great to see at least one Principal start off with sharing information and showing leadership. I'm sure the fact that Ms. Schlenger is a Psychologist will help every level of the Lincoln school community transition in a time of great change and provide the building blocks for a happy and fulfilling new school year.

Re: Welcome Back

Is it true that Mrs. Smith (1st grade) and Mrs. Patti (K) are also on Maternity leave until after Thanksgiving?
This would add 2 more people/staff/changes to Lincoln this year. Wonder about the number of personnel changes in the other schools, too?

37 new teachers and more resigning as late as last Thursday. And at tomorrow's school committee meeting they have something on the agenda that makes it look like they're going to try to pass this all off as normal.

concerned
37 new teachers and more resigning as late as last Thursday. And at tomorrow's school committee meeting they have something on the agenda that makes it look like they're going to try to pass this all off as normal.

More interesting than the garbage they are bound to display is WHICH teachers left and what quality of teachers are they replacing them with. Plenty of us know that some teachers of quality have left while the rookies brought in were of very low caliber in a lot of cases.

This is also the way they will gloss over any issues of staff morale, which any halfway informed person knows is at an all-time low. The administration and committee just want to cram through a new contract approval for Taymore and pretty much don't care about anything else (like the students or the teachers, let alone the taxpayers whose home values depend on a good school system). This is the committee's idea of misusing data to manipulate the public process, bypassing anything like honesty or actual accountability. Kind of sounds like a certain 26% fiasco that happened not so long ago.

heard that the new boss is very very full of himself

is this really the best Melrose could come up with?

If he can keep the likes of Naomi and SH from preying on the vulnerable kids, the power to him.

beneath the statistics
concerned

More interesting than the garbage they are bound to display is WHICH teachers left and what quality of teachers are they replacing them with. Plenty of us know that some teachers of quality have left while the rookies brought in were of very low caliber in a lot of cases.

This is also the way they will gloss over any issues of staff morale, which any halfway informed person knows is at an all-time low. The administration and committee just want to cram through a new contract approval for Taymore and pretty much don't care about anything else (like the students or the teachers, let alone the taxpayers whose home values depend on a good school system). This is the committee's idea of misusing data to manipulate the public process, bypassing anything like honesty or actual accountability. Kind of sounds like a certain 26% fiasco that happened not so long ago.

Everything you wrote is why I am Voting NO on the OVERRIDE !

I am feeling very sad and sick to my stomach. My child starts MVMMS tomorrow. I have no confidence in Mr. Conway having seen the Lincoln School faculty morale first hand. I can't afford tuition for private school. I can't even afford my water bill. Great job Rob! But give CT a big raise and pat yourself on the back during the SC meeting tomorrow night. Sick!

It could be worse your child could have the plantation owner, if you know what I mean.

Sounds like you and Junior would be a perfect fit for the Mystic Valley Charter freak show in Malden. Free tuition and free extended daycare - go for it!

concerned

How about the numbers of new hires?
Any positions still open?