Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dress Code

This morning I saw hundreds of MHS students walking down Main Street towards the HS. I'm not sure where the procession started or the purpose of the walk. As I sat in stopped traffic along with other drivers to allow safe passage, the refrain in my head was "What are they Thinking"? Short Shorts are obviously the "in" thing because that is what 90% of the girls were wearing. I do not know how the attire I saw on display this morning is allowed at MHS. If these young ladies were honest with themselves, they would have to admit visible bra straps, belly buttons, and midriffs, bare shoulders, fat thighs, visible thong strapped underwear and jiggling bums are out of place in a school setting. How their parents let them out of the house in those clothes is disturbing. The SC and City should implement a district wide dress code.

Re: Dress Code

I agree. The more I see, the more I realize that indeed fat thighs are in.

Agree
I agree. The more I see, the more I realize that indeed fat thighs are in.

You are a demeaning jerk! The post by "Dress Code" seems to have been sent in all seriousness and concern. The poor female students in this school district... If they feel they must dress like sluts and their parents, SC, Mayor, school leaders and GIC taking phony alderman like MBMM are only looking out for themselves what role models do they have? No standards, no expectations or adult values and requirements. No wonder they can't concentrate on their studies. Wait until MCAS results are finally released! No wonder Dan Richards ran as fast as he could back to Belmont.

I hate to tell to but kids all over the world are wearing these clothes. I actually think yoga pants are better then some previous fashion trends.