Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
Re: New Roosevelt Principal's Call to Action !

That is so funny but sad because kids are involved in the schools. I think the HM has the most absentee's between all the schools she need to get out fast.

Our Welcome Wagon
Go Red Raiders
This is awesome!

GO RED RAIDERS!!

I still have my jersey from the 80's

If you don't like the name of our team BEAT IT! You shouldn't have moved here.

And NO you cannot park in the street overnight!
Real estate agent forget to tell you that? Too bad.

Thanks for making our new residents feel so welcome.

New residents are coming here wanting to change things. Assimilate or get out. It's red raiders like it or not. And we didn't need
a woman who is more masculine than her husband coming here saying we needed a women's commission. Women have been fine here for generations.

The only alternative is to not renew Ms. Maranto. Her contract come the end of this school year. She is Dr. Heckle and Mr. Hyde. She cannot be trusted whatsoever. MM is one of the many scabs that need to be picked off under the and including Taymore. There isn't a decent or honest principal in the bunch. All hired by Taymore, some of them friends with free reign to terrorize parents, staff and in some cases students.

Call to action. I'm calling Principal Maranto to take action on this. Over the course of the school year I have had to go by the school for various reasons as I'm sure many other parents and guests have. I can never find a parking spot as all the reserved spots are taken by staff and not for a while. When I return to pick up my child the same cars are always there. She can't even handle small problems like these.

It is a serious problem because I had to park in the fire lane the other day to run a package into the school. What I am hearing from the parents is Ms. Maranto has no idea what is going on in the school. The students are way out of control and staff don't cares about the students behavior because of the signals that Marybeth is showing with her staff. Now you have a teacher let go till further investigation how much more has to happen in this school for the SC to take a look at a principal not qualified for this position.

Frustrated parent
Call to action. I'm calling Principal Maranto to take action on this. Over the course of the school year I have had to go by the school for various reasons as I'm sure many other parents and guests have. I can never find a parking spot as all the reserved spots are taken by staff and not for a while. When I return to pick up my child the same cars are always there. She can't even handle small problems like these.

I can't believe you are complaining about parking! More children at the school means more staff which means more cars. You are so entitled that you can't walk from the street. You probably would walk blocks to get your coffee downtown. Why aren't you worried about the bigger problems in Melrose schools?

Listen Mary, Mary(beth) quite contrary. You may think it is permissible to park in a fire lane or handicapped parking but it is not. It is against the law. Shame on you. No doubt you'd steal a spot designated for pregnant women as well. Why don't you go fly away on your broom that sweeps the truth about your school under the proverbial carpet

All staff at the school have a parking pass to park on the street without getting a ticket. The designated spots are not to be used by staff the principal told the parents.

If you can trust what Marybeth tells the parents and staff you are listening to a person that hasn't told the truth since she has arrived in the school. It was never to be the red raiders. She went along with the majority rules. This principal has lost more long term staff then any principal in the city very sad. My kids still talk about NI and JKS all the time.

What is "I Had To Park In The Fire Lane" talking about when she says a staff member had to be let go at the Roosevelt pending further investigation? My kids have not mentioned anything to me. Also, as a parent frequently at the school, I too feel the kids are way out of control. They are rude and have no manners, and no one does anything about it. When these kids reach high school, watch out. I blame all the staff. It is not just MBM's job to reign these kids in. The responsibility belong to the whole staff.

it all starts and ends in the home.

Another Parent
What is "I Had To Park In The Fire Lane" talking about when she says a staff member had to be let go at the Roosevelt pending further investigation? My kids have not mentioned anything to me. Also, as a parent frequently at the school, I too feel the kids are way out of control. They are rude and have no manners, and no one does anything about it. When these kids reach high school, watch out. I blame all the staff. It is not just MBM's job to reign these kids in. The responsibility belong to the whole staff.

Worked at the Roosevelt near the holidays. The kids were disrespectful and staff looked very uneasy especially the teachers. MBM is running the school and sadly the results are showing that no improvements have been made at the Roosevelt School. It's declining with long and short term staff leaving. She is making her work place a unhealthy and competitive environment. Very disrespectful students, staff, principal, and parents. I enjoy working in a school where staff respects team work.

Wow, you said a mouthful. "Children" you are a very keen observer. I wish MBM saw the situation as it is.

Go back to Haverhill if they are willing to take you. My child is worth more to me than the negative comets from you and your staff. You don't belong being a principal of a school. Your staff is running the school and you are setting a terrible example.

ALL STAFF
All staff at the school have a parking pass to park on the street without getting a ticket. The designated spots are not to be used by staff the principal told the parents.

Staff at the Roosevelt use your pass and DO NOT PARK IN THE FIRE LANE.

[Worked at the Roosevelt near the holidays. The kids were disrespectful and staff looked very uneasy especially the teachers. MBM is running the school and sadly the results are showing that no improvements have been made at the Roosevelt School. It's declining with long and short term staff leaving. She is making her work place a unhealthy and competitive environment. Very disrespectful students, staff, principal, and parents. I enjoy working in a school where staff respects team work.[/quote]

If MBM is so terrible, and I'm not disagreeing with you where is the union in all this? Doesn't the MTA represent the teachers, secretaries and paraprofessionals? Aren't there officers or at least building representatives in each school. What are you paying dues for or is the union as corrupt as administration and the school committee?

Hoffa gone wild
[Worked at the Roosevelt near the holidays. The kids were disrespectful and staff looked very uneasy especially the teachers. MBM is running the school and sadly the results are showing that no improvements have been made at the Roosevelt School. It's declining with long and short term staff leaving. She is making her work place a unhealthy and competitive environment. Very disrespectful students, staff, principal, and parents. I enjoy working in a school where staff respects team work.

If MBM is so terrible, and I'm not disagreeing with you where is the union in all this? Doesn't the MTA represent the teachers, secretaries and paraprofessionals? Aren't there officers or at least building representatives in each school. What are you paying dues for or is the union as corrupt as administration and the school committee?[/quote]

Surely, your questions must be rhetorical! These groups are all in collusion with each other. If the teachers or the paras say anything - there is retribution against them - this has occurred previously - the union isn't going to say anything to disturb school management otherwise they won't get pay raises.

This is the same MTA that elected Mateus and Baline, two world-class union leaders and Melrose educators! Total discredit in both categories.

Shame on Clark
Hoffa gone wild
[Worked at the Roosevelt near the holidays. The kids were disrespectful and staff looked very uneasy especially the teachers. MBM is running the school and sadly the results are showing that no improvements have been made at the Roosevelt School. It's declining with long and short term staff leaving. She is making her work place a unhealthy and competitive environment. Very disrespectful students, staff, principal, and parents. I enjoy working in a school where staff respects team work.

If MBM is so terrible, and I'm not disagreeing with you where is the union in all this? Doesn't the MTA represent the teachers, secretaries and paraprofessionals? Aren't there officers or at least building representatives in each school. What are you paying dues for or is the union as corrupt as administration and the school committee?

Surely, your questions must be rhetorical! These groups are all in collusion with each other. If the teachers or the paras say anything - there is retribution against them - this has occurred previously - the union isn't going to say anything to disturb school management otherwise they won't get pay raises.[/quote]

Building reps. do this job to be close to the principal. Most take this position for other reasons like find out information to tell staff. It is encouraged for you not to go to the union and the principal will resolve the matter.

Melrose Pride
Love it!!!!! I'm glad my kid goes there. Great to see some home town pride.

Do you still Love it??? More staff leaving the Roosevelt!!!

You are way off base with this one! The union rep at Roosevelt does it because no one else would! If anything it puts her in awkward situations with her principal . She is there for the teachers. It is a thankless time consuming job.

Unions are not the same in Melrose and needs to change from the MTA. Building reps should rotate and unions should be more supportive and involved in the MPS.

Disappointed in poison disseminated on the site
You are way off base with this one! The union rep at Roosevelt does it because no one else would! If anything it puts her in awkward situations with her principal . She is there for the teachers. It is a thankless time consuming job.

Should you even have a building rep. at all and if you do it should be rotated after a few years. I have known some building reps. that use this to their advantage on finding out vital information from the principals. Most of the time this information gets told around to staff. The school needs a new make over soon starting with the principal. Parents are so upset with the handling of her actions and ask her to resign and stop wasting our children's time with her nonsense.

Needs:
You should volunteer to be a building rep to help it rotate. I'm sure the present rep would love to hand it over as she took it only because there would not have been one had she not. I am not being scarcastic . Seriously

Maureen Aleska and Ann Forrest are 60 somethings the administration wants out. BC got rid of all the more expensive older (and wiser) teachers at Lincoln. The same thing is happening at Roosevelt.

Power happens to the building reps. other schools do not even have a rep. The union should have it rotate every four years so its not gaining personal interest. We know that staff take advantage of this power. Its to make them feel satisfaction of knowing information that is private. MTA seems to be losing confidents with the teachers, paras and secretaries. Need to look for other sources to be strong again.

Ms. Maronto, should be called to Action. The students with special needs are not even getting the service that is order for them. The principal and teachers are not fighting hard enough to stop this behavior. This should not be happening in our schools. She is taking paras away from the students on this program. I am bring this to the attention of the SC.

I suggest you do that in English.

Rotate:

If you want the power hungry reps to rotate power then offer to do the job! They will hand it over gladly.

The power is more important than giving up the position. Schools don't need building reps. if they step down.

Hit List
Maureen Aleska and Ann Forrest are 60 somethings the administration wants out. BC got rid of all the more expensive older (and wiser) teachers at Lincoln. The same thing is happening at Roosevelt.

You are so right the older you get the more they want your job. MA and AF should be very careful with this principal. The information CT tells the rosie principal she will go at them so hard to get the brownie points from CT. Some paras in the school are 60 they should be going too!

The real reason Marybeth Maronto went hard on Nancy Ingram was sadly a para and teachers were informing MBM she was teaching in the passed. Then MBM gave NI a bad review after 16 years of service to the city of Melrose. Management is also known for giving you a troubled child if you have been teaching for longer than 20 years or near 60 years old the system is looking to remove you.

The school can do anything to the staff if they want their job. Ask JKS, NI, BC, SM, BG, AF and MA. Not very encouraging to stay in Melrsoe.

Worst principal that ever came to the Roosevelt school. This is including the old school before it was rebuilt. She is not a honest person and most see her for what she is.

Nancy Ingram
The real reason Marybeth Maronto went hard on Nancy Ingram was sadly a para and teachers were informing MBM she was teaching in the passed. Then MBM gave NI a bad review after 16 years of service to the city of Melrose. Management is also known for giving you a troubled child if you have been teaching for longer than 20 years or near 60 years old the system is looking to remove you.

I can only guess what para would degraded a teacher in the way we know she is like. These teachers should also be ashamed of themselves for going along with this para and reported to the principal. Making fun of NI and the music she played to teach the students all about the states is not a joke. You are part of a teacher leaving the Roosevelt school because of your false statements.

Bullying again in the schools and against a smart 4th grade teacher. NI lives in Melrose very active in the schools and summer programs. The schools should be a team and not out to hurt other staff. Just because you don't like there style of teacher. Shocking to me the principal is allowing all kinds of sabotaging going on in her school and CT and PWL is encouraging her to do so. NI decided it was not worth staying if you had to teach like everyone else. More and more teachers like their own unique way of teaching.

Time for a lot to leave the schools. This is a major problem how Melrose operates just pass it to the next person. That's how come things never get resolved in the city.

All principals need to go and start with interviewing first second be diverse to all cultures. This is the city that if you were born and raised here you get the job.

Parents should let the children be who they are and not change their identity for your needs. This is a minor child let this human grow and develop before you change your child permanently. Let he or she dress like a boy or girl let it go and watch the progress.

MBM needs to go with all her hand picked butt- kissers too.

Hit List

Who ever wrote this we do not use names and ages.

Needs of the system is female bathrooms. I was teaching and could not go to the bathroom on the floor I worked on. The school is so over crowded at this time.

No names
Hit List

What's the problem with names and ages? It's better to document in advance what the system is doing to these people. Maybe one of these teachers will take the system to court when they get forced out instead of taking a couple thousand dollars in payoffs to sign their rights away. There is a union involved which should be stepping up, but so many teachers and paras walk away without suing the Cyndy Taymores, Brent Conways, and Marantos for conscious and deliberate age discrimination in the Melrose Schools.

Correct manners is a proper thing when it comes to age. Most people know that's out of the question and very disrespectful to the teachers.

Is Mr. Goodwin still the PE teacher? Every time my kids come home they tell me Mr. Goodwin was not in school again and they had a sub. I believe its a teacher in the school who is taking over for him. I was told by staff he hurt himself in school and they have not replaced the new PE teacher yet. To many long term teachers are leaving the Roosevelt under this new administration.

He is still the gym teacher at the Roosevelt school at this time.

Truth be Told
No names
Hit List

What's the problem with names and ages? It's better to document in advance what the system is doing to these people. Maybe one of these teachers will take the system to court when they get forced out instead of taking a couple thousand dollars in payoffs to sign their rights away. There is a union involved which should be stepping up, but so many teachers and paras walk away without suing the Cyndy Taymores, Brent Conways, and Marantos for conscious and deliberate age discrimination in the Melrose Schools.

To read this statement about teachers and what the system is doing to force out nice people that work hard for the community is not right. The principal is a major part of what is going on in her school so she needs to go.

Bullying again
Bullying again in the schools and against a smart 4th grade teacher. NI lives in Melrose very active in the schools and summer programs. The schools should be a team and not out to hurt other staff. Just because you don't like there style of teacher. Shocking to me the principal is allowing all kinds of sabotaging going on in her school and CT and PWL is encouraging her to do so. NI decided it was not worth staying if you had to teach like everyone else. More and more teachers like their own unique way of teaching.

G

Speaking of PWL, did anyone else see Pattie White Lambright on the Rachael Ray show last week? She stood up to ask a question to 90210 star Luke Perry who was a guest on the show.

1 2 3 4 5 6