Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
Re: New Roosevelt Principal's Call to Action !

Don't let them win! File a complaint with Mass Bar.
Office of the Bar Counsel
99 High Street
2nd Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
(617) 728-8750

The teachers and administration are asking children if your family goes on Melrose Messages? This is how Melrose operates that's why so many are leaving the schools and no trust. Superintendent wants to bring in many first year teachers for the money she has to pay. I have two teachers and a few paras that will let me know about the Roosevelt School. So the answer is yes I do go on Melrose Messages.

Action
99 High Street
2nd Floor
(617) 728-8750

The school has already won! The children are the ones to suffer. No teacher is going to say my para has been taken to sub. for the day. Numerous teachers will let the principal take the para for favors. The others do not want to get fired if they file a complaint with Mass Bar.

Send your kids to Charter/Private/Parochial schools....oppose any new bonds/taxes.....vote all incumbents of office....and I am a registered Democrat!

Thanks for all the information you have provided me. Hopefully it is being bought to the attention of administration.[:)]

Alternative Schools
Send your kids to Charter/Private/Parochial schools....oppose any new bonds/taxes.....vote all incumbents of office....and I am a registered Democrat!

I am thinking of a private school just like Mayor Dolan is doing. His children are signed up for the Charter with many other residents. I am a registered Democrat and don't sound like you.

Steve
Alternative Schools

I am thinking of a private school just like Mayor Dolan is doing. His children are signed up for the Charter with many other residents. I am a registered Democrat and don't sound like you.

I am a registered Democrat who voted for HC. The schools in Melrose are a disgrace. The SC is destructive and incompetent. The BOA are merely rubber stammers. The water and sewer rates have not been managed well. I plan on voting for every new candidate who runs regardless of party. I will not vote for my Ward Alderman, if they are unopposed. The Democrats need to get their acts together. Many Democrats deserted the party because of the games. I will oppose any new taxes until transparency returns to this City Government. Drain the Swamp.

Alternative Schools
Steve
Alternative Schools

I am a registered Democrat who voted for HC. The schools in Melrose are a disgrace. The SC is destructive and incompetent. The BOA are merely rubber stammers. The water and sewer rates have not been managed well. I plan on voting for every new candidate who runs regardless of party. I will not vote for my Ward Alderman, if they are unopposed. The Democrats need to get their acts together. Many Democrats deserted the party because of the games. I will oppose any new taxes until transparency returns to this City Government. Drain the Swamp.

I agree with you but if Marybeth stays in the school you will see more leaving. How many teachers have gone? This is up to CT and the SC big problem in the school with all her fake friends.

A mother who is desperate to have MBM gone from the Roosevelt. She has violated my child for months. Is PWL frozen in time because she is never around to speak too. I would like to get signatures to have her MBM resign this year. We lost to many wonderful teachers in this school and more to come.

More violations at the school. This is the principal that is asking some of her teachers with brown noses to ask if families goes on Melrose Messages she stinks.

more
More violations at the school. This is the principal that is asking some of her teachers with brown noses to ask if families goes on Melrose Messages she stinks.

K teachers KO and CH sabotaged a kindergarten teacher so she could not be hired again. Watch out for these teachers.

We were told to watch KO but CH no way.

Another smart teacher in kindergarten is leaving the Roosevelt. Great loss for the team.

I got out of the school because I had a team from hell and no one would help me out not even the principal.

me too
I got out of the school because I had a team from hell and no one would help me out not even the principal.

Why would you ever think MORONto would help you? She's queen of the ****ed, Lucifera with her hellion staff, well most.

If you think this year was bad wait till next year. All grades will be effected because so many teachers are leaving. Grades hurt kindergarten, 1st, 4th and 5th has already fallen apart because of no help and the principal is causing resentment.

Its a accident waiting to happen. Now parents on sports teams are talking about the schools and how much this will impact the city. Its talked about on Facebook too.

Alternative Schools

I agree on this one too!

Need to watch out for the double names! Marybeth, Marylou, Maryellen ect.

patten

Hahahahaha. You are SO right.

patten

Maryjane and the worst of all is Maryann F. she would not even help a teacher going through bad times when she were principal.

The post is true in so many ways I like it. I will keep that in mind for further reference. She is another one of Hurricane Cindy's FAILURE"S. It is at the point of impossible to trust.

Alternative Schools

The gossip needs to stop for now. We can not rebuild this school again so can you women make it work and stop acting like the children.

Less enrollment at the Roosevelt this year. Kindergarten is back to 3 again and teachers are leaving the district. The school is infested with teachers that MBM favor and what ever they want they get.

parent
Action
99 High Street
2nd Floor
(617) 728-8750

The school has already won! The children are the ones to suffer. No teacher is going to say my para has been taken to sub. for the day. Numerous teachers will let the principal take the para for favors. The others do not want to get fired if they file a complaint with Mass Bar.

Got harassed.

The best 1st grade teachers has decided she had enough with the district.

How many great employees have gone from the Roosevelt now? This is because of CT hiring MBM and agreeing to let her stay when the school is a mess. The first grade teacher is very smart to leave Melrose, and so many left the schools because they continue to fail the system. I also blame the PTO, parents and staff for not speaking out to this nonsense. All grades are effected this year because of the principal not knowing how to run a school.

I am a parent at the Roosevelt School. The change's taken place is not in the best interest of the school. ES a fantastic teacher is leaving after her 4th year teaching. You then have JN agreeing to go to the 2nd grade because a fourth teacher is needed. Why would you ever let JT leave the Kindergarten when she did a suburb job. This is the superintendent not being responsibly to her teachers. The fourth grade has two new teachers and the fifth is hanging on.

Mom
Red Raiders
"We are the Red Raiders" is the proclamation by the new Roosevelt School Principal.

Race based names and stereotypes in this day and age are insensitive and ignorant.
Great start for the 4th Roosevelt Principal in 6 years.

The 4th principal in 6 years that should tell you the SC should be fired.

Not one thing has changed at the Roosevelt except more teachers are leaving.

Tammy, Tammy, Tammy's in Love.

How teachers will smooth their way to a principal pet so they look good. Its done all the time. KO, TW, JC, they might have more friends cause of this situation.

"For one true measure of a nation is its success in fulfilling the promise of a better life for each of its members. Let this be the measure of our nation."

The way the YMCA looked the other day when we took a tour was unheard of no excuse.

just great
So now this wretched principal wants to give a Sig Heil to "tommyhawks" (Taymore's word) and all this stupid, backwards motto signifies. Pride indeed. They represent the shame that now defines this awful district, and increasingly awful city.

She MBM and CT lie like a rug. Read above matter concerning the Red Raiders.

Ma and Pa
Don't worry I am working on getting rid of the super and the Roosevelt principal she is a piece of work you are correct. Melrose is better than this she is bring the Roosevelt family down. Employees need to work in a healthy environment for the students.

Where the He!! are you Ma and Pa.

Call HR and ask why the paras are the only staff excluded from the staff directory under CT and PWL. I checked other schools and paras are listed. Sounds like discrimination to exclude anyone in your school the year 2017-2018.

true
I am a parent at the Roosevelt School. The change's taken place is not in the best interest of the school. ES a fantastic teacher is leaving after her 4th year teaching. You then have JN agreeing to go to the 2nd grade because a fourth teacher is needed. Why would you ever let JT leave the Kindergarten when she did a suburb job. This is the superintendent not being responsibly to her teachers. The fourth grade has two new teachers and the fifth is hanging on.

ES left because her husband took a job too far away. JN requested to move to second grade. She hand picked her class for next year.

JT is excellent and is a big loss to the students especially since LC was let go for her inadequacies. Teachers will benefit from her enthusiasm as a coach. KO is never in her room because she's chasing around students instead of having the paras so that the other kids can learn. New grade 5 teacher next year since EH will be coaching.

TW and QG spend their days on their computers instead of teaching the students in the Autism class. Every student has a para plus the two teachers in the class, the behaviorist, and all of the OT, PT and speech services. The paras are not allowed to tell anyone if their student is out so that they can't be used where they're needed. Instead they take paras from kids who need them in the regular education classes and use them to substitute or do lunch duty. This room is moving to take over one of the very large early childhood (k-1) classrooms on the first floor instead of having a first grade class use it for children who will be in there all day.

Teachers and paras cannot speak out or they become targets.

The Roosevelt school is being destroyed by MBM as principal. Teacher's are allowed to make the rule's for her. KO is to busy trying to find out what's going on outside her classroom. Unfair JN get's to hand pick her class. This is the reason the Rosey is failing because of the teacher's resenting other teacher's due to the principal's lack of compassion. She has a very short fuse and temper.

Fact check
true

ES left because her husband took a job too far away. JN requested to move to second grade. She hand picked her class for next year.

JT is excellent and is a big loss to the students especially since LC was let go for her inadequacies. Teachers will benefit from her enthusiasm as a coach. KO is never in her room because she's chasing around students instead of having the paras so that the other kids can learn. New grade 5 teacher next year since EH will be coaching.

TW and QG spend their days on their computers instead of teaching the students in the Autism class. Every student has a para plus the two teachers in the class, the behaviorist, and all of the OT, PT and speech services. The paras are not allowed to tell anyone if their student is out so that they can't be used where they're needed. Instead they take paras from kids who need them in the regular education classes and use them to substitute or do lunch duty. This room is moving to take over one of the very large early childhood (k-1) classrooms on the first floor instead of having a first grade class use it for children who will be in there all day.

Teachers and paras cannot speak out or they become targets.

That's an awfully big chip on your shoulder! What is it that you know about the "autism class"? Do you even know what it take to teach these kiddos who require 1-1 teaching! Our ever-growing population of kids on the spectrum warrants this. QG experience is a huge asset to the school.

JN knows exactly what she is doing with the help of GB. She hand picked her para last year and this year continuing to stay with CC and same student. As long has she has her cellphone and cup of coffee she will be good to go. The principal promotes JN to get what she wants because we heard how she is when she hears the answer NO!

PTO
Thanks for all the information you have provided me. Hopefully it is being bought to the attention of administration.[:)]

CT is all about herself and could careless for her staff same for most of the principals. TW in the roosey has the say of where she wants her class and that her staff will not sub. or help with any duties. This has taken a huge burden on the other staff. When principal Maronto were asked about this situation she lied to her staff.

Please vote for Monica she will stand up for the staff.

I know she has been looking for another district to work. JN went on so many interviews this year. So Melrose is stuck with her.

please
JN knows exactly what she is doing with the help of GB. She hand picked her para last year and this year continuing to stay with CC and same student. As long has she has her cellphone and cup of coffee she will be good to go. The principal promotes JN to get what she wants because we heard how she is when she hears the answer NO!

CC might continue with a student she assumed she were to work with last year. CC was so made with the para that worked with him and it was the principal that removed her.

You are incorrect Prof. Correctipa Jr. the spelling is correct. Watch your post.

very anger parent
Ms. Maronto, should be called to Action. The students with special needs are not even getting the service that is order for them. The principal and teachers are not fighting hard enough to stop this behavior. This should not be happening in our schools. She is taking paras away from the students on this program. I am bring this to the attention of the SC.

I see you got far with the SC on the behavior that went on all year at the roosey. Stay tune for the next year.

Details
The phone number781.979-2160 and her name is Patricia White-Lambright or 781-979-2294 that is the Superintendent Of School and her name is Cyndi Taymore.

You need to forget about it because it is useless. The super and assistance super are at war with each other so how can this get resolved?

man
Roosevelt absolutely needs a man for principal. I have been in that school for many years and I loved Ms. McBride for principal, she had a way with people, children and staff. I am all for a man principal at the school. The hormones in that school is atrocious. I know under this principal we never lost as much staff as with her. We wanted the man for principal and the super went the other way on us. MBM staff in Haverhill were doing cartwheels when she left two years ago. Roosevelt always ends up with a female that will play the women and the women play the principal so bad. A man principal you couldn't play those games.

You said that like a true women. Wish that were the case in the roosey because you are correct MBM is playing one against the other. She did the same thing in her last school too. We have pleaded for CT to remove her and she has not listen to the staff. All we are asking for is a male principal with experience is that much to ask for. The playing women to women game is bad.[Female][Thumbsdown][Crossfingers]

One good thing about EH leaving is she could not stand the principal anymore.

1 2 3 4 5 6