Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: 89-degree rooms at MVMMS and MHS

Just pray for cooler weather. It was an average of about 80 degrees between 7:00 and 8:30 PM tonight at the MVMMS open house with unbearable humidity, like Florida in July; truly awful. I don't know how the kids could take it for more than an hour especially if they have any respiratory issues. My kid said" it wasn't that bad Dad, only 87 Degrees today in most class rooms". I guess it's all relative.

I was also at MVMMS last night for open house and the upper floors where very hot, some teachers had a fan or several fans it was hot and stuffy.For a new building this can not be conducive to learning. I think that the mayor and alderman needs to take the step of finishing the instillation of AC in the Middle School.

2.8 million to address the HVAC upgrade, not 5 million

And it's pretty sad that 6 million plus was spent on Science Labs, almost 3 on this recent renovation, another big chuck for the Resource Center upgrade coming up, and the place will still be a dump. Very poor decisions being made in this city.

Well, at least Jenny Corduck got her new windows at the Hoover so that she can now demand new window treatments to match her outfits. (She and CT must shop together.)

Who cares whether the kids can breathe or teachers can teach in the secondary schools here? (No one.)

The previous poster (outing the MM Whiners)clearly does not have kids in Middle School. If he did, he would have been at the MVMMS open house last week and would now know that the claims of excessive heat, humidity and poor air quality all true.

1 2 3