Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Disingenuous Facebook Discussion About the Override

For those of you who are part of the Melrose Community Group on facebook, I want to make you aware that your input is currently needed.

One of the moderators posed a question about the override acting like she has hardly heard about it. You know, to get the discussion going. She is "undecided."
The other moderator who is the main presence there is apparently "undecided" herself. Both are looking for "feedback" and "opinions."

Only problem is she is giving herself away by liking and writing supportive statements for the yes (for taxes) people but not the NO folks. She makes a weak showing of being impartial but it is clear that she is really just trolling to get the yes (for taxes)misinformation out there.

If you want to join in the discussion, now is the time. The misinformation is being repeated yet again, I guess to attempt to sway the undecided voters.

Bringing the mis-informers to task, yet again, is boring but necessary. Facts and numbers are usually what they need pointed out because they will say anything.

Re: Disingenuous Facebook Discussion About the Override

The School Commitee posted on their Facebok page that questions about the override should not be discussed on community pages! I like to listen to why people are voting Yes and why No. I will not just listen to the school committees opinion! They have a nerve !

They definitely have some nerve to post that. But it's to try to steer the conversation & silence people. But you knew that.

My favorite part of the discussion on the community group was the part where the school committee members were saying that the override & its uses were a well thought out plan by the school committee and the superintendent. No. No, it's not.

The main moderator spent all her time liking the yes people and their "insight" Unfortunately some of the so-called insight contradicted other "insights" that yes (for taxes) people provided previously. Anything, out of context, disregarding true facts and real figures seems to fly with the yes people. I guess the moderator either doesn't care because she has an agenda or she can't compute the deceit going on in her group. Sad situation either way.

I hope that the people that don't post but read-only can read between the lines. It's all there but you have to deduce.

Here is the posting from the SC FB page (the Iron Curtain):

"Melrose School Committee
12 hrs ·

There have been questions asked on some of the community pages over the last week that should be repeated here. This is not the place for discussion of the override, but the role of the Committee is to provide as balanced information as possible. If you have a question that is within the Committee's role, please ask it here."

Oh sure...they take a vote at their last SC meeting to support the override (except for CKK) and now they say - it's none of our business to discuss. This is a great example of same type of hypocrisy they practice at each meeting.

Wake up people - and you want to given them another 2.25 million dollars next year and the all the years after to squander?

Down with the override Up with Melrose
Here is the posting from the SC FB page (the Iron Curtain):

"Melrose School Committee
12 hrs ·

There have been questions asked on some of the community pages over the last week that should be repeated here. This is not the place for discussion of the override, but the role of the Committee is to provide as balanced information as possible. If you have a question that is within the Committee's role, please ask it here."

Trouble from within the SC perhaps? Maybe one of them decided that Margaret was making them look bad with all of her voluminous posts on the so-called (but not actually if you have a differing view) "Community" Page? This posting by the SC is quite ironic for many reasons, not the least of which is that they think they have a right to limit public discussions even on a public site! Clinging to their flimsy and bogus "role" definitions (the "reason" they brought in 3 attorney hacks at taxpayer expense to try and shove their precious "norms" down our throats, too, and get Mrs. K to stop speaking out) is a naked attempt to use their monkey court logic to intimidate all the sheeple responding on the Facebook page. Apparently it is perfectly okay in their "rule" book for the MEF officer/city employee Martha to propagandize ad nauseum on that page, or for Margaret (and her angels) to aggressively proselytize Robbie's and Cyndy's message from On High.

It's so obvious that the administrators Lindsay and Jihana were staging their forum for their "yes" proponents with their provocative opener (while continuing to remove the comments of any who cross their magic line into "negativity"). Here was the bait that the sheeple took: "Can we have a constructive conversation about the upcoming ballot? It's only a bit more than a week away and I'd love to hear both sides perspective. -undecided"

Steve: "I start a thread against the override and it gets deleted. I guess if the admin doesn't agree with you, you get booted."
Apparently if you tell lies but do it with mayor-sponsored youtubes and Margaret/Martha/Lisa/Jen-sponsored "facts," that is perfectly okay with Lindsay and Jihana. Too bad there are so many hideously gullible people to feed the sick Yes Machine. Also too bad that there are so many otherwise intelligent people like EA who should know better but can only seem to mouth the party line at every and any opportunity (get a life!). Someone please tell that Cheryl woman that no matter how many times she "likes" the posts of these frauds, or tells us how buddy-buddy she is with the mayor (or posts her sad story on the string of a public override discussion on facebook), it won't "prove" anything about the worthiness of a ballot measure. Quite the contrary. Maybe the eager "likes" of the sycophants' propaganda and pledging allegiance to the override will gain a person entry into the sick MEF sorority, but it certainly doesn't demonstrate "caring for the children." (And they still won't let her into the country club for their exclusive wine/whine sessions.) Sure, pledging dollars for flamingos proves that you want to "invest" in children's futures (NOT). It's really hard to believe that people are as gullible as that endless string of garbage arguments demonstrates.

Good for those who tried to insert some reason, but you should realize it's hopeless with that crowd.

That MEF bunch is more than a little "negative" when they aren't being video-d or posting fake garbage online. They're downright nasty, and their "negativity" would blow you away if you heard what they really say. They're also quite comfortable with their protagonists RD, CT, MD, et al, trashing anyone they don't like with the "hater" moniker. Just a well-heeled bunch of Mean Girls who've gained far too much power and now aren't the least bit ashamed to use it.

Too bad so many sheeple with college degrees allowed themselves to be listed on the full-page ad for the yes propaganda. Funny that so many of them had to list each of their children in order to flesh out the numbers. Maybe there were some family pets listed there, too!

There is nothing credible about this whole endeavor. It's only about giving more money to an administration that has obviously dipped too deep lately paying themselves and their cronies and now needs to cover their butts into the future with a tax override that citizens would have to pay forever. (They should have asked for more!) You want "negative," look more closely at those trying to sell this bridge and you'll find more "negative" per square inch than you ever imagined possible! "Invest" my arse!!!!

The other really notable thing about the Yes Machine is the utter absence of humility and humor. When challenged they are devoid of self-reflective capabilities or a sense of humor (a genuine kind, not the kind that relies on being cruel, like Rob's).

Many of us have faith that the good-hearted majority will take down the Yes Tanks with their votes and their common sense.

Please everyone, go to the polls and vote!

I’ve been gone for two days and I gather a lot has happened. People…..don’t concern yourselves with Lindsay and Jihana’s “Melrose Community” Face book page. It’s not a community page. We’ve all outted them for what they truly are. Shills and sycophants that are desperately afraid their precious override will go down in flames. But desperate people do desperate things. It is vital that we go to the polls and vote this thing down.

Since Jihanna banned me I can’t read it and I don’t think I’m missing much. If the Not So Free Press and the Melrose Weekly News need to endorse it and print the names of all those in favor of it…so be it. Just another act of desperation.

And thank you to my sister witch for the lovely presents!!!
[8-)]

My only goal two weeks ago was to get the message out on that irrelevant Face Book page that there was good reason to vote NO on the override. Mission accomplished. There were also many that were totally unaware about the civil rights violations as well. And as a result of Jianna’s censoring posts that don’t follow her “rules”, we now have another Face Book page called Melrose UNCENSORED. Check it out. The more the merrier!

thanks Oscar
The other really notable thing about the Yes Machine is the utter absence of humility and humor. When challenged they are devoid of self-reflective capabilities or a sense of humor (a genuine kind, not the kind that relies on being cruel, like Rob's)

In 2 words, Martha Grover. Even her supporters would agree.

The overall tone of "we know what's best and we will tell you what to do" is over the top and it should offend the thinking citizen. On principle if nothing else.

I was interested to read in one of Cheryl's posts that the mayor had come to the Lincoln school to tout the override. Was this during the school day?

Is that permissible? It is taking unfair advantage of his position since as mayor he has access to the schools at anytime unlike that woman who wanted to use the bathroom there at pickup.

Agree that Cheryl will never be part of the cabal. Those moderators are wanna bees too.

patricia wright

Since Jihanna banned me I can’t read it and I don’t think I’m missing much. If the Not So Free Press and the Melrose Weekly News need to endorse it and print the names of all those in favor of it…so be it. Just another act of desperation.

You are not missing anything. It's all the same tired arguments that you've seen them say in other places with the particularly egregious suggestion that if you don't like it, you should contact the school committee, your alderman or the mayor. Because you know. Those people are just waiting to hear opinions contra to their own so they can carefully consider and act accordingly.

Have you looked into whether the override is legal?

There are only a few instances when the towns can seek overrides and this one might not fit the circumstances. There is no real need for the money. Just some desires.

If there is money for the dumb learning commons to be built then there isn't really a need for extra money, right?

Places like Brookline, Newton and the now beloved Winchester would make sure that everything is sown tight because people either know or will find out their rights. Melrose doesn't do that.

Couldn't help but notice the Linda O. of Remax post shared by the "Yes for Melrose" Fakebook site:.... "Please read and share the important perspective of Linda O'Koniewski. "If there is only one thing I understand exceptionally well it's how to maximize your real estate investment... Perception of school support is everything to a homeowner's value."

This is exactly what has decimated our school district over the last several years: Administrators and pols more concerned about the "perception" of our school system, scurrying about burying it's problems, retaliating against those who point out it's deficiencies to be addressed. So much time and so much money has been spent by the current Cabal addressing the "perception of our school system and hiding it's problems, rather than spending those resources fixing the problems. So Thanks Linda for solidifying for us why Melrosians should vote No on Tuesday, and vote in those candidates who are interested in fixing problems rather than hiding them under the rug for perception's sake.