Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free Press Letters

Interesting that the Free Press "forgot" to print the letter by SC member, CKK last week. They even acknowledged it was received by their deadline submission time but claim it was overlooked. How magnanimous of them to include it is today's edition! Neutral, unbiased "news" reporting no longer exists in the Melrose Free Press. When my subscription runs out, I will not be renewing it.

Re: Free Press Letters

At least it will be "fresh" in their memories prior to going to the polls next week! I have so much admiration and respect in CKK in the graciousness and dignity she presents herself at the school committee meetings - it's a shame that the others can't emulate her demeanor and compassionate nature towards the public. She is truly what they call a "public servant".

Squash Carrie Attempt
Interesting that the Free Press "forgot" to print the letter by SC member, CKK last week. They even acknowledged it was received by their deadline submission time but claim it was overlooked. How magnanimous of them to include it is today's edition! Neutral, unbiased "news" reporting no longer exists in the Melrose Free Press. When my subscription runs out, I will not be renewing it.

The "Free" Press has joined the bullying arm of City Hall which is not surprising since Brigid still writes for the paper while being payed by The Mayor's office.

Carrie has been bullied relentlessly at school committee meetings by Margaret Driscoll, Kristin Thorp and R Dolan, simply for calling for transparency and open discussion on behalf of her constituents. Just watch MMTV in you can see how bad their behavior has been. Someone should cut and paste together a "greatest hits of shame" clip from these SC meetings and post it on YouTube.

[8-)]

A lot of people wrote to the Not Free $2 Press to protest that Mrs. K's letter was not published, which is why they relented and published it this week. They claimed it was an "error" but they also refused to publish for an entire month Ms. Murphy's outstanding analysis of the superintendent evaluations (which highlighted Mrs. K's scholarly work and laid out the sloppy and crass politicizing/bloviating of the rest of them). Ms. Murphy continued to put pressure on the editor who finally gave in and put the piece back behind the Sports section rather than up front where it belonged. It certainly carried far more validity and relevance than the hideously gross propaganda pieces by/about MBMM. No, this was no "error." Shame on the Melrose Not Free Press!

Nope. Definitely not an error. I wondered why Ms Murphy's letter was in such an odd place.

The editor felt pressured to publish Murphy's piece but didn't want to give such extensive coverage to something that "negative" and that is directly contradictory to the cabal's need to portray the administration as "exemplary." He had to leave plenty of space for the kind of Mary Beth and Rob propaganda that would leave the sheeple sure to vote with the Cabal. It was critical to have the manufactured "facts" of the MEF/Jen Mc's pieces front and center over multiple issues. Now the MEF cabal has gone to the extreme of misusing the foolish "endorsement" of the NotFree$2Press and its imprimateur in its massive mailing. This Machine/Cabal will do virtually anything to get what it wants. The paper has a sordid history of this kind of collusion with BrooksBall as the worst example of its corrupt ties with administration. There was a good period with Guerriero (and recently with that excellent reporter Aaron) and but apparently it's back to open season for propaganda. It's shameful and it needs to be stopped.

Get to the polls Tuesday. Vote No on the override and vote in candidates who are ethical and will take a stand against this wrongdoing.