Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hate Crimes in Melrose String Removed

Folks....you cannot copy and paste material that an organization claims a copyright privilege. I can't stand that either but it's the law. Although this is an "unmonitored" board, and I'm not up 24/7 I have an obligation to comply with the law when I see a violation.

You may quote from the article but cannot repost it in its entirety. Unfortunately, when I remove the first post it deletes all the subsequent posts. That's the way Bravenet's (this web site's service provider) application works. I don't have control over it.

Let's be mindful that this board is for all of us. I need your help. Many thanks as always friends.
Patty

Re: Hate Crimes in Melrose String Removed

patricia wright
Folks....you cannot copy and paste material that an organization claims a copyright privilege. I can't stand that either but it's the law. Although this is an "unmonitored" board, and I'm not up 24/7 I have an obligation to comply with the law when I see a violation.

You may quote from the article but cannot repost it in its entirety. Unfortunately, when I remove the first post it deletes all the subsequent posts. That's the way Bravenet's (this web site's service provider) application works. I don't have control over it.

Let's be mindful that this board is for all of us. I need your help. Many thanks as always friends.
Patty

Please take the next step that Pattycakes neglected to mention and copy the LINK if you want people to read what you've found to buttress your point. If you don't know how to do that, find a 10-year old family member or friend's kid to show you how!

http://www.whdh.com/story/30574077/melrose-students-allegedly-attacked-for-having-red-hair

Real Facts: Do you always have to be so condescending? You make a lot of good points, but why do you have to be so hostile?

It's in his nature! Too bad he does not let us know who he is - then knowing who he is - we would all probably say - we understand.

here
http://www.whdh.com/story/30574077/melrose-students-allegedly-attacked-for-having-red-hair

Real Facts: Do you always have to be so condescending? You make a lot of good points, but why do you have to be so hostile?

As the Scorpion told the Frog, it's my nature. And hey, Donald Trump is bringing condescending hostility back! Or is it Vladimir Putin?

Seriously, I've found the Melrose Messages cutters & pasters quite amusing, as they're usually the epitome of, in the modern parlance, TL;DR. It's also usually the sign of those of a particular age unschooled in the vagaries of tech, and my advice to find a youngster to help wasn't in any way condescending, no matter how you choose to read it.

A lot of my "hostility" is simple disgust with people singing kumbaya, like the idiot who posted the white privilege claptrap in the deleted thread. I don't care about your feelings; is what you're saying true and do you have facts to support it? If you do, I'm with you. If you don't, but continue to post, I'm bringing the noise.

Settle down, Myron. I'm perfectly at ease with being the person that many may not like but have to show some respect to. When I'm ridiculed by as broad a cross-section of posters here as you are, I'd never touch a keyboard again!

I agree with the above poster about Real Facts being needlessly hostile, but I disagree with the statement that he makes good points. Also, do not delude your self "Real Facts" that you are respected. Mostly, your posts just focus on you, you, you and how life affects you. Your name "Real Facts" further shows that you never consider other viewpoints and that to you, your facts are the only facts and that you are blind to the nuances in any given situation and on issues. The noise you make is most like the ravings of a selfish person going through life with blinders on. You think your racist views are respected and accepted, say them out loud to someone other than your racist pals and see what happens.

Not real facts just an boring know-it-all who knows nothing
I agree with the above poster about Real Facts being needlessly hostile, but I disagree with the statement that he makes good points. Also, do not delude your self "Real Facts" that you are respected. Mostly, your posts just focus on you, you, you and how life affects you. Your name "Real Facts" further shows that you never consider other viewpoints and that to you, your facts are the only facts and that you are blind to the nuances in any given situation and on issues. The noise you make is most like the ravings of a selfish person going through life with blinders on. You think your racist views are respected and accepted, say them out loud to someone other than your racist pals and see what happens.

"Your facts are the only facts"?! A fact is a fact until it has been proven false.

You're proving my point for me!