Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
High School Girls Win First Tournament Game

The Melrose Girls High School basketball team has won its first game of the tournament. The girls are playing awesome ball and the coaches are doing a wonderful job. This is a real team playing together and getting superb instruction from the coach. Come out and cheer for the team on Sunday in Woburn as they take on Arlington Catholic at 2 p.m. GO MELROSE!

Re: High School Girls Win First Tournament Game

That's really great. Good for them. Now how about putting it into the "Sports" strings where it belongs?

I must not have written my post well. It was the Melrose High SCHOOL girls basketball team that made the tournament. It is a school activity so hence being placed on the school site. If you offer your name and a contact source, I will be more than happy to ask your advice as to where I should place a post in the future. Just be happy and proud of the girls and coaches without any form of negativity. Being a negative force won't make you a better person or happier. I'm starting to think you are the Tewksbury coach complaining after the Melrose girls eliminated you from the tournament last night. It was a great game and I wish you had joined us cheering on the girls and team last night.

You're posting this under every Forum and have been for weeks. Glad you're happy for your kid, but get a life. The local papers will do enough advertising for you since all they cover is sports. Was beginning to think you were Ralph or Ron but you're just a mom of one of the few girls left willing to put up with this crappy program. Good luck to all.

You are blinded by your negativity. Again, I posted on three spots: Sports because it's a sport; schools because it's a school activity and general interest because success is of interest to all of Melrose. You write that I post under all categories and it's simply not true. I am proud of all involved including the girls, the coaches and even Ralph and Ron. They all played a part in this success. It won't hurt you to smile and cheer for the team and coaches. Here we go: on three, GGGGGOOOOOO Melrose! Come to the game on Sunday and you'll have fun.

Are you serious? Please tell me you're not serious. If you are you should also post it under "Business" because they did sell tickets. What the heck is wrong with you?

Huh?
Are you serious? Please tell me you're not serious. If you are you should also post it under "Business" because they did sell tickets. What the heck is wrong with you?

I am serious. It takes a village to raise a child, as the saying goes, and it took a lot of people to bring the girls' basketball program back to success. Just be positive and happy that the girls and coaches had a great season.

Obviously, you can post anywhere you want- we don't even have to post our names- but the longer you post all over the place, the less I can share in your excitement. You sound like you are just trying to pick a fight.People are going to be happy or not. People are going to go to the games or not. You sound very self-righteous and condescending, and that is not how you get people to see your way of thinking- Hence, I now believe you are just posting to start a fight. Good luck to you.

This website is a cesspool of negativity, lies, half truths and the same person posting under different names all over the place. Who cares if a basketball story shows up on a few different places. Its a refreshing change from the norm...a bunch of Melrose hating garbage going on forever...check out the "what type of school system does Melrose want" string. OCD at its finest.

Good luck to the girls basketball team. They are a group of fantastic kids and they just won a State Tournament game. The people who care about Melrose sports and Melrose High School kids are very proud of them and wish them the best. The rest of you @ssholes that pollute this site with your garbage can drop dead if you don't like reading it.

For the record I am posting to call you a complete jerk off...no reason to try to figure it out.

you are out to lunch.Have a nices day.

Get over yourself Jerk Off
This website is a cesspool of negativity, lies, half truths and the same person posting under different names all over the place. Who cares if a basketball story shows up on a few different places. Its a refreshing change from the norm...a bunch of Melrose hating garbage going on forever...check out the "what type of school system does Melrose want" string. OCD at its finest.

Good luck to the girls basketball team. They are a group of fantastic kids and they just won a State Tournament game. The people who care about Melrose sports and Melrose High School kids are very proud of them and wish them the best. The rest of you @ssholes that pollute this site with your garbage can drop dead if you don't like reading it.

For the record I am posting to call you a complete jerk off...no reason to try to figure it out.

You should post this on every string, just like you did to begin with.

Just to be clear, the basketball parents and kids do not condone the actions of this poster whoever he/she is. We are not like this, and I wish to apologize.

Basketball Mom

Just to be clear, the basketball parents and kids do not condone the actions of this poster whoever he/she is. We are not like this, and I wish to apologize.

I am the original poster and haven't posted since around 1:30 p.m. so all the other comments aren't from me. Again, all I want to do is congratulate the girls and coaches on a job well done. It was a great year and let's leave it at that. Positve comments are way better than negative comments. Let's just root for the team.