Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Storm Coming

as a person who works inside of the highschool and middle school i can say that the feather change is detremental in the long run. Remeber its the athletes and students mascot. The murmer around campus from what i can pick up is that there will be pushback from the student body. There is already a petition going around to reverse it and kids have been talking about social media movements. The students also know that Taymore is just doing this to deflect attention away from some of the unacceptable behavior of a small number of my colleagues. Most of you may think that they are harmless students but from firsthand experience I can say that they are not a monolithic group. There are students who are intelligent enough to do some damage to the administration and there are also students who are short tempered. The number of students in uproar over the change seems to be at least 90% of the school and they are already thinking of ways to get revenge on the administration. This has the potential to get serious and I do not think people realize that.

Re: Storm Coming

Good for those students willing to stand up to this arrogant school administration! Very few adults are willing to do this.

The audacity for Taymore to change the school logo without explaining the reason and providing logical explanations to students, teachers, school committee, and school organizations, just shows her disregard, indifference, and arrogance towards us!

The dreamcatcher as part of our school logo to me shows the connection we have towards our native American heritage - after all - our state name, Massachusetts, is from a local Indian tribe - how better to pay tribute to them and to recognize them. But to some people, political correctness, no matter how misplaced trumps common sense. A sad day for Melrose when a school administrator has to demonstrate her power and arrogance to the detriment of our identity!

Bring back the Dream Catcher

MFD
Good for those students willing to stand up to this arrogant school administration! Very few adults are willing to do this.

The audacity for Taymore to change the school logo without explaining the reason and providing logical explanations to students, teachers, school committee, and school organizations, just shows her disregard, indifference, and arrogance towards us!

The dreamcatcher as part of our school logo to me shows the connection we have towards our native American heritage - after all - our state name, Massachusetts, is from a local Indian tribe - how better to pay tribute to them and to recognize them. But to some people, political correctness, no matter how misplaced trumps common sense. A sad day for Melrose when a school administrator has to demonstrate her power and arrogance to the detriment of our identity!

I agree 100% with everything said here. The students deserve better. Unfortunately, it's never the students who come first in the school system.