Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Go White Raiders

New names for local teams. White Raiders, not sure if the obvious is considered racist or not. For the football and basketball teams maybe White Raiders + Metco. Is that rasict? White Raiders and Friends maybe? Okay enough of race lets go modern PC. How about Straight and LGBT'ers. Very correct but too many syllables. Maybe the Melrose Transgender, that would cover all three types of teams. Last tranny I remember was a cop, the new logo can be a badge molded into a transmission, like the red wings winged wheel logo. There had to be a transmission shop in town at some point to make the whole "history" thing happen. Let's go Melrose Tranny's!!!!

Re: Go White Raiders

Doubly concerned citizen

New names for local teams. White Raiders, not sure if the obvious is considered racist or not. For the football and basketball teams maybe White Raiders + Metco. Is that rasict? White Raiders and Friends maybe? Okay enough of race lets go modern PC. How about Straight and LGBT'ers. Very correct but too many syllables. Maybe the Melrose Transgender, that would cover all three types of teams. Last tranny I remember was a cop, the new logo can be a badge molded into a transmission, like the red wings winged wheel logo. There had to be a transmission shop in town at some point to make the whole "history" thing happen. Let's go Melrose Tranny's!!!!

I do understand how one could use this topic for ridicule as the above author has - however, when the head of school district decides to focus her and her staff's time in such a concerted effort during a tumultuous time in our school district - it does make you stop and wonder if they lack the necessary priorities to lead the district. This will only increase the chorus of those who want Ms. Taymore to resign or be dismissed and to change the make-up of the school committee.

The only people who want Taylor to resign is the chorus of clowns led by Bozo the Clown MFD, a quitter on the school committee and a bunch of people with no kids in the system. The Big Apple Circus is in town. I bet if you losers show up in your clown car and your clown outfits you might be able to sneak in for free.

Ha Ha! I knew you had tickets!

Poor sad clown
Ha Ha! I knew you had tickets!

Not on does Clown have free tickets but a free ride being a city hall hack!

Doubly concerned citizen

Yes! And they could use the rainbow logo and call themselves the Rainbow Warriors like the University of Hawaii.

Wait, would that be cultural appropriation?

Cultural MISappropriation because there in no rainbow here.

Forget racism. It's a cover. More relevant is the "feminization" of the school administration (female superintendent, female athletic director and female majority on the school committee). Removing the feather most affects the logo used by the largest male sport: football. Better to have pom-poms as a symbol to show gender equality.

Marty Barron, Editor at the Washington Post, conducted a huge survey of Native Americans to find out how many of them were offended by the term "Redskins". Nine of ten were not, and seven of ten did not think naming a football team "Redskins" was in any way objectionable.

Yet here in mega-PC Melrose, a large number of white middle to upper class yuppies think the use of a dreamcatcher in the HS logo is offensive and inappropriate.

Oy vey.

I have a dream catcher hanging in my home. Am I now considered a racist?

Clown Patrol
The only people who want Taylor to resign is the chorus of clowns led by Bozo the Clown MFD, a quitter on the school committee and a bunch of people with no kids in the system. The Big Apple Circus is in town. I bet if you losers show up in your clown car and your clown outfits you might be able to sneak in for free.

You can't be much of a supporter of you can't even get her name right. Also what you are spewing is not true. I know many many parents who are unhappy with the Super and the job, or lack of, she is doing. In fact I who has kids in the system have never heard a single person say anything positive about her. Nor have I heard teachers speak well of her.

The truth will speak for itself with what's going on here in Melrose.I think the best way I can put it is that there is no clear transparency on what is going on in the school committee meetings. I would hate to say it but I guess we are going to continue to see the same crap.the schools
the superintendent
the principals
the mayor
the school committee
and all their pricey lawyers .