Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Katherine Clark and Paul Broduer…Where are you?

Fascism 101
Trumpsicle
Don't fret. He will be impeached within the 2nd year of office. Remember I said that.

At this rate, it could be within a couple of weeks!

Are you all idiots? I guess the answer is yes. The House and Senate are controlled by the Republicans - wake up and get with the real world! You lost the election - elections have consequences - we know this because Obama said it when he was elected President and did things his way!

Apparently you Trump-lovers haven't been paying much attention to see that the Repugs themselves have been splitting ranks in unprecedented fashion, the whole thing coming apart at the seams and the Reds eating their own. It shouldn't be surprising that you are so ignorant. CEO of Ford, Google, and countless other major corporations condemning this president and his hateful actions. Leaders of most of the countries across the globe similarly condemning this administration's illegal and unAmerican actions. League of African Nations condemning the Muslim Ban and mocking the US for taking in people of color as slaves but refusing them as refugees. Countless numbers of ordinary Americans from all parties and all walks of life taking to the streets in protest to the ugly edicts from this US wannabe-despot. Congressmen and Senators marching to the front of the Supreme Court building tonight to protest. Millions of Brits petitioning Parliament to bar Trump from meeting with the Queen this week. This President has already become a pariah all over the world. But you pathetic Melrosian Reds somehow are just out of the loop, unaware of what most of the rest of the world is saying and doing, all of which is unprecedented in modern history. That's what happens to people who only follow Fox or Breitbart, dummies who believe the fake bilge because it aligns with their own anger, impotence, xenophobia and misogyny. Sad! Someday your grandchildren will be reading stories about awful people like you and all the harm you caused to the world.

Keep watching the trouble makers at CNN and that Rachel Madcow. If Trump uses white toilet paper he is declared a racist.

IHaveTimeToProtest
Keep watching the trouble makers at CNN and that Rachel Madcow. If Trump uses white toilet paper he is declared a racist.

Go on youtube to see Rachel Madcow predictions leading to the Presidential elections - she is literally hysterical explaining how Trump could not win - this is the kind of people they have at MSNBC? She was clueless and ignorant about the average hard-working American and what we were looking for in a candidate. These liberal STILL don't get it and is why they are powerless and will remain so for the distant future.

"Blah, blah, blah...wrong side of history...blah, blah, blah...bullying...blah, blah blah...1930's Germany...blah, blah, blah...how dare you disagree with me....blah, blah, blah...multiple Nazi references...blah, blah, blah...

You are the one who should be ashamed of yourself- invoking Nazi Germany at every turn. It is offensive to those of us who know what happened in Nazi Germany. Those of us who grew up hearing the stories of real atrocities. You have deluded yourself into thinking that this is an apt comparison, but you are ignorant of the checks, balances, and protections you have in present-day USA. It's utter histrionics. Every single decision made gets blown completely out of proportion. Nazi Germany? This ain't even close, lady. You are right that the man upstairs needs to help you...help you get a grip on life.
Trump is doing his job- what he said he would do. You may disagree, but he was elected to do these things. I sucked it up every time Obama signed an executive order. I disagreed with every single one of them. Tough luck for me, and now, tough luck for you. You are the one who sounds self-righteous and bullying, and the fact that you don't see that just reveals your complete lack of self awareness.
I know, I know...you are mortified and devastated to have to share the earth with me...blah, blah, blah"

I could not love this post any more. It is perfect.

Brodeur is an arrogant little man. Who voted for this guy. I work in a local restaurant he frequents. He is not friendly towards the staff at all and just acts like he is better than them. Clark, she is just another Warren wannabe.

Homer
Brodeur is an arrogant little man. Who voted for this guy. I work in a local restaurant he frequents. He is not friendly towards the staff at all and just acts like he is better than them. Clark, she is just another Warren wannabe.

I disagree that Brodeur is arrogant - he is smart guy but delusional just like his Democratic counterparts in the legislature. He is one of those get along/go along guys - don't rock the boat - a follower not a leader. He knows about all the corruption at the state house but does nothing about it - a coward at best. This is who Melrose votes for - I have had a number of conversations with him and he is a left wing liberal all the way to the left! He is part of the problem not the solution. He always resents me calling him out - but he has no defense! A political hack he is!

Perfect
It is offensive to those of us who know what happened in Nazi Germany. Those of us who grew up hearing the stories of real atrocities. You have deluded yourself into thinking that this is an apt comparison.

I hear what you're saying, but the comparison between Trump and Hitler and the Nazis in their early years is appropriate in that they both came to power and "govern" by turning lies into the truth. The first casualty then, as now, is the truth. It's also eerily similar in may ways to the basic premise of the book "1984", where government rules by decree and the truth is irrelevant.

I didn't vote for Clinton, and I'm not a Democrat, but I've been around long enough to recognize a giant pile of horse$hit when I see.

Resident
Movie stars
Ashton the movie star on tv last night said, this is my America! No this is OUR America and I voted for Trump. Sadly people will disown your relationship or friendship and even make your life hell if you voice your vote. This is not the American way so lets make America Great Again, because its been slipping with violence, and most of these men have gone to those countries to train. If your child suffered in 911 you might think different. The Marathon bombers both brothers were collecting off the government. And shame on the government for allowing this to take place when they hated America. And it's not about religion this is about who is in our country and who is going back and forth to our country. I am all for this procedure.

Ditto for me -it's about time a President stood up for us - and is more interested in protecting us than to endanger us by releasing GITMO terrorists and allowing a free flow on immigrants form terrorist nations!

I am rich so I don't have to depend on all the movie stars why keep them rich.

History
Perfect
It is offensive to those of us who know what happened in Nazi Germany. Those of us who grew up hearing the stories of real atrocities. You have deluded yourself into thinking that this is an apt comparison.

I hear what you're saying, but the comparison between Trump and Hitler and the Nazis in their early years is appropriate in that they both came to power and "govern" by turning lies into the truth. The first casualty then, as now, is the truth. It's also eerily similar in may ways to the basic premise of the book "1984", where government rules by decree and the truth is irrelevant.

I didn't vote for Clinton, and I'm not a Democrat, but I've been around long enough to recognize a giant pile of horse$hit when I see.

Unlike Clinton any other politician, the reasons why I voted for President Trump is he was serious about doing the following things: close the friggin southern border and build a fence or wall, repeal & replace Obamacare with something we can AFFORD, lower our taxes, reduce regulations which is killing further economic expansion, implement extreme vetting of immigrants from dangerous countries, select consecutive Supreme Court Justices, build gas & oil pipelines, push back on the extreme EPA rules that now control small ponds in people's back yards, and to defeat ISIS army in Iraq! So far he is making great progress in these efforts after less than two weeks in office. There wasn't one other candidate running for President that offered that amount of change to the majority of people in 33 states - that's why he won - and why your candidate lost!

Now just sit back and watch him fulfill his campaign promises.

Melrose Resident
History
Perfect

Unlike Clinton any other politician, the reasons why I voted for President Trump is he was serious about doing the following things: close the friggin southern border and build a fence or wall, repeal & replace Obamacare with something we can AFFORD, lower our taxes, reduce regulations which is killing further economic expansion, implement extreme vetting of immigrants from dangerous countries, select consecutive Supreme Court Justices, build gas & oil pipelines, push back on the extreme EPA rules that now control small ponds in people's back yards, and to defeat ISIS army in Iraq! So far he is making great progress in these efforts after less than two weeks in office. There wasn't one other candidate running for President that offered that amount of change to the majority of people in 33 states - that's why he won - and why your candidate lost!

Now just sit back and watch him fulfill his campaign promises.

Hear, hear!

What a disappoint in them.

Clark bar
What a disappoint in them.

They are both sycophants following their Democratic leadership into oblivion - where they belong!

Rep. Katherine Clark has made combatting discrimination in private schools one of her top priorities in Congress, and during a House Appropriations subcommittee hearing Wednesday the Massachusetts Democrat took her concerns to the nation’s top education official.

Referring to a private religious school in Indiana that receives state voucher funds and explicitly says it may reject students from LGBT families, Clark repeatedly pushed Education Secretary Betsy DeVos on whether she would withhold federal funds from such schools.

“You are the backstop for students and the right to access a quality education,” Clark said. “Would you in this case say, ‘We are going to overrule and you cannot discriminate — whether it be on the sexual orientation, race, special needs — in our voucher programs?’ Will that be a guarantee from you for our students?”DeVos, a longtime backer of “school choice” initiatives and one of President Donald Trump’s most scrutinized cabinet appointments, began to reply that she would defer to the state’s decision. But Clark cut in to again ask if there would be any situation of discrimination where DeVos would step in.

DeVos said she believed the department’s Title IX protections were “broadly applicable across the board.”

Clark repeatedly pressed DeVos to directly answer the question of if there was any situation in which the federal government would deny funds to a state that allows private schools to discriminate against certain students.

In response, DeVos said she believes “states continue to have flexibility to put together programs” and that “we have to do something different than continuing a top-down, one-size-fits-all approach.”

“I am shocked that you cannot come up with one example of discrimination that you would stand up for students,” Clark shot back as her allotted time expired.

The heated exchange garnered coverage from the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, and CNN, among numerous other national outlets. Sen. Elizabeth Warren called DeVos’s answer “horrifying,” as Democrats both inside and outside the hearing room pounced on the education secretary’s comments.Later during the hearing, DeVos pushed back on the notion that the Education Department would not stand up for students.

“I am not in any way suggesting that students should not be protected,” she said, according to the Post.

First president I know that tried to throw an election enlisting our enemies to do the dirty work. America was great until Trump arrived on the scene. Let's make America great again. Impeach Trump!

Treason
First president I know that tried to throw an election enlisting our enemies to do the dirty work. America was great until Trump arrived on the scene. Let's make America great again. Impeach Trump!

Absolutely no evidence to date about your claim - NONE! No crime found, no crime! Just left wing make-up press stories! The real collusion is with Hillary and the Clinton's - big Russian speeches for millions of dollars and selling 20% of our uranium deposits to Russian companies! Those are REAL facts! But please don't tell the press and the liberals about those facts - they might just chock to death to hear them!

According to the current and former FBI Director, as well as the heads of every US intelligence agency, you are wrong. So go back to watching your fake FOX news where young girls wearing pumps and wearing mini-skirts spin lies to distracted ogling pervs like you while they sit at glass tables.

Treason
According to the current and former FBI Director, as well as the heads of every US intelligence agency, you are wrong. So go back to watching your fake FOX news where young girls wearing pumps and wearing mini-skirts spin lies to distracted ogling pervs like you while they sit at glass tables.

Listen dumb, dumb, Democrat! If there was evidence of collusion or anything close to it, charges would already have been filed - for 10 months there has been no evidence uncovered by all 4 major investigations! Stop watching those left liberal, and lying networks and cable shows - and listen to reason & truth -FOX! The Washington Post, NYT, and other such liberal newspapers have already been proven to print fake news!

OH BOY.....Very Simple...You Snowflake Liberals Care About Everything But America....Trump Voters care about our country first...Clark Will Be Gone... Warren Will Be Gone Liberals Snowflakes Will be Hanging Themselves..thank god...and our great president will be here for 8 years...Keep doing your job 45 and these flakes will melt....by the way thank you to all our veterans and god bless you all.....you wont hear that from liberals .they are to busy today caring for non americans....God Bless The USA.....out

MR USA
OH BOY.....Very Simple...You Snowflake Liberals Care About Everything But America....Trump Voters care about our country first...Clark Will Be Gone... Warren Will Be Gone Liberals Snowflakes Will be Hanging Themselves..thank god...and our great president will be here for 8 years...Keep doing your job 45 and these flakes will melt....by the way thank you to all our veterans and god bless you all.....you wont hear that from liberals .they are to busy today caring for non americans....God Bless The USA.....out

Ditto here - a special salute to all our veterans! Republican and conservative support our troops, our people, and our country while the Democrats support - illegal aliens, criminal illegal aliens, traitors, suck up to Iran, the main supporter of international terrorism, and want to release terrorists in GITMO! What has happened to the Democrat party?

Response to "Really?"
Get it right: An inauguration is a formal ceremony or special celebration marking the beginning of a major public leader's term of office. Your foolish honoring of this crazy man is how people like Hitler come into power. Thankfully, 70% of Americans don't support this man or his morals and behavior. This was evident by the near vacant national mall compared to prior inaugurations and the loser has-been musical acts Trump was lucky enough to finally secure for tonight's events.

Lastly, facts count. Clinton as never been charged or under investigation for rape. However, trump HAS in the State of New York, accused along with his perv friend convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Uh, you just might want to double check which politician is Pedophile Epstein's BFF.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/09/the-sex-slave-scandal-that-exposed-pedophile-billionaire-jeffrey-epstein/

Treason

Don't you hate when politicians do that?

https://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/ted-kennedy-soviet-union-ronald-reagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html

Clark is from Melrose. She served on the SC. She ALWAYS defends them. Can't count on her ever.

That is right.

1 2