Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: K Paraprofessinal

HS
High School is never going to get it till they get hit with more violations. Carr and Repucci are a accident waiting to happen. Nothing gets done to remove teachers with a reputation of this nature. It has to be a pay off for someone in the school and in the end this will only hurt Melrose.

Speaking of S. Carr the MHS SPED.teacher that black mentors, paras and job coaches all confirmed racism by SC in the joke of an investigation by the school (PWL) and press (AL) who's editor killed the story, well, MPS hired an African American employee, a paraprofessional. Guess where they placed this new employee. In S. Carr's class. I'm sure they instilled in SC to be on her best behavior with her rat backing her. This is so when they ask this employee down the road she'll say the class is fine. Well it wasn't all last year. It doesn't change what happened.

teachers
The schools need to get help for the kindergarten teachers or they will be leaving or not returning. This is a big problem in the schools. The schools don't even have enough subs. in the list of people and its a on going problem. The administration, SC and Mayor Dolan know about this for years. Most don't return subbing because its so low in pay. This is when the violations happen to the students.

Wilmington Publc Schools has a ad for substitutes. $125.00 per day !

Sub
teachers
The schools need to get help for the kindergarten teachers or they will be leaving or not returning. This is a big problem in the schools. The schools don't even have enough subs. in the list of people and its a on going problem. The administration, SC and Mayor Dolan know about this for years. Most don't return subbing because its so low in pay. This is when the violations happen to the students.

Wilmington Publc Schools has a ad for substitutes. $125.00 per day !
an

Would you want to come to Melrose for $60 dollars and that's before taxes are taken out. Then you have to wait a month to get the forty something dollar check.

How do they get away with paying less than minimum wage?

Is it based on only a six hour school day? Min wage @ 10/hr x 6? Minimum wage is going up to $11/hr in Jan. Is the sub pay getting increased?

New Secretary?
Who is the new secretary at the Roosevelt?

Ms. Molly and she is my friend. Be nice to her she is a kind lady and would do anything for anyone. Hope that school is nice to you and the principal from what I heard of her.

Wage Claim

Is it based on only a six hour school day? Min wage @ 10/hr x 6? Minimum wage is going up to $11/hr in Jan. Is the sub pay getting increased?

They increased it this year from $55 to $60!

Wage Claim

The city then takes the paras out of the room they are to be in for the day. That's saving the city more money but more violations happen when a para is removed to sub. in a classroom.

Sub
Wage Claim

They increased it this year from $55 to $60!

CT increased it to 5 more dollars what a sport.

What

The system is a big joke and Melrose is laughed about in other cities and towns.

K teachers if you don't have a para in your class they are trying to get rid of you that is the word. Have your health go down have people complain about you and your classroom like parents and teachers you think are your friend. Margaret Adams wants you OUT!! No way you can not have a para in kindergarten class.

Schools don't go by state minimum wage, they follow federal.

And true, no para in your room. Watch your back.

If you have four paras for a whole elementary school and one or two of those are mandated for a child that leaves 2 paras for a whole school. It doesn't work. The state removed the K para funding leaving K teachers to have to fight for help like the rest of the grades are used to.

Emergency hearing should of been filed by the union over this matter and where the Hell are the parents they don't give a hoot as long as they can go to work and come home 9 or 10 hours later. Get the hell to the superintendents office the hell with the principals because they are full of ****.

I am still waiting for my child to get a paraprofessional in her kindergarten class they have over 20 kids in the class. Is this something that CT is changing too?

No such thing as a part time para. Could someone tell me where I sign up for one. My Kindergarten class is still waiting since September and its the 100th day of school.

All I would hope is you have a great team system and you are working together helping one another is so important when teaching. You are working for the same goals so stay strong my team purposely was hurting me including the principal too. I left teaching after 15 years.

What's that! Do we even have any k paraprofessionals anymore?

There are no K Paras because kindergarten is not mandatory. So stop moping around about this issue. There are other issues to be fought such as children who should be on IEPs and are not, classroom over crowding, low esteem of teachers (this can effect a child greatly), and no teamwork.

At the Roosevelt all the parents care about is recycling. They drop their kids off at school and could give a shxx what is going on until they are picked up (or are sent to the after school program). I suggest if you have a complaint (with proof), then get other parents together and go to the Free Press, or stampede a School Committee meeting. DO something, stop complaining, this is getting nowhere.

The Schools sh.t

Paras in all schools are being taken off their assignment and told to sub. I work at the HM and you wonder how kids are learning. All special needs children are not getting what the law provides them.

Wait a Minute
There are no K Paras because kindergarten is not mandatory. So stop moping around about this issue. There are other issues to be fought such as children who should be on IEPs and are not, classroom over crowding, low esteem of teachers (this can effect a child greatly), and no teamwork.

At the Roosevelt all the parents care about is recycling. They drop their kids off at school and could give a shxx what is going on until they are picked up (or are sent to the after school program). I suggest if you have a complaint (with proof), then get other parents together and go to the Free Press, or stampede a School Committee meeting. DO something, stop complaining, this is getting nowhere.

This is today's parents and it's almost March. Parents are just realizing kindergarten has NO paras. only if qualified. CT said that K classrooms have part time paras not true.

Winthrop School parent concerned about principals reputation. Lately I have notice what many parents have been talking about since he became principal two years ago. This man should not be in a school set up with children.

To worried mother. I am sure you have valid reasons to worry. But, really, you do understand that your comments on this board will do absolutely nothing to resolve any problem you may perceive. All of the people who moan and complain on this board never seem to show up at the SC meetings. If there are truly lots of worried parents and citizens, I always wonder why these people do not band together, formulate their grievances, and present their issues with suggestions for resolution.

???
To worried mother. I am sure you have valid reasons to worry. But, really, you do understand that your comments on this board will do absolutely nothing to resolve any problem you may perceive. All of the people who moan and complain on this board never seem to show up at the SC meetings. If there are truly lots of worried parents and citizens, I always wonder why these people do not band together, formulate their grievances, and present their issues with suggestions for resolution.

This is the EXACT place to voice your concerns so that other parents can read what is really going on in our schools! This message board is read by many members of the school community as well as interested parties. Bringing criticisms and personal issues like this before is not acceptable practice according to the school committee norms as Margaret Driscoll has them written- if brought up to them as has been done many times previously - they will not permit it and will rule you out of order.

Our school committee is made up of self-interested remembers who do not want to hear about any negative feedback. They know what's going on in the schools and who the terrible teachers are as well as bad actor teachers - but no one wants to rock the boat for fear of repercussion - the system is now corrupt - corrupted by our superintendent, corrupted by Margaret Driscoll and get-along/go-along school committee! This is a known fact by those who truly know what's going on!

Sorry to being you the bad news - be sure to vote for new members and hope for the best!

I am not espousing that there are not major issues- I am only saying that this board- though it may be a good sounding board for some- will not change anything. The board has been around for many years, and the problems have only gotten worse. I do know that the SC may not permit open communication. I also know that if a petition is signed by more than 300 people ( Not sure if that is the correct #, should be confirmed) an issue has to be placed on the Alderman agenda. If so many people are up in arms about the hidden legal bills- that should be something may be tackled in this way. And I agree on voting for new members- but that didn't help in the last election!

Two kindergarten teachers CH and KO made it so hard for a K teacher to do well. And the administration would not give her a para. It should be a team and it is far from that. Clean the swamp.

New hire African American
HS
High School is never going to get it till they get hit with more violations. Carr and Repucci are a accident waiting to happen. Nothing gets done to remove teachers with a reputation of this nature. It has to be a pay off for someone in the school and in the end this will only hurt Melrose.

Speaking of S. Carr the MHS SPED.teacher that black mentors, paras and job coaches all confirmed racism by SC in the joke of an investigation by the school (PWL) and press (AL) who's editor killed the story, well, MPS hired an African American employee, a paraprofessional. Guess where they placed this new employee. In S. Carr's class. I'm sure they instilled in SC to be on her best behavior with her rat backing her. This is so when they ask this employee down the road she'll say the class is fine. Well it wasn't all last year. It doesn't change what happened.

Wake up Melrose it is way to late you are behind in the data.

Action
Department of Special ED in Melrose is a disgrace it falls on PWL in the business world she would have been fired.I have dealt with this piece of garbage. I hired a advocate 6 years ago my child 's ed plan was not met and was bullied by special Ed teacher. Melrose paid for private school. You want to change this School System do something stop writing on this board. Follow Boston Latins example parents picket. They got their Superentant to step down.

truth will surface
And, they are quite willing to go even farther (ask that ridiculous excuse for a principal on Wyoming) and call Dept of Child Services on a parent, whether there is anything legitimate or not. The super will wave it all away and admit that her inexcusably poor choice of principal handled things poorly, but it's all just a bad joke on everyone else, while turning the world upside down on innocent families who can't afford to fight the system. This administration and its hack counsel are willing to do absolutely anything if it serves their purpose, and they could not care less about what it has cost anyone. They are without a conscience, and they are being supported by entirely corrupt politicians who will not hold anyone accountable, starting with themselves. There is proof in spades. At some point these arrogant monsters will get caught, probably by something relatively inconsequential that they waved away thinking it was nothing. But it is inevitable that they will go down eventually, just not soon enough to spare further harm. Those who do have a conscience that have looked the other way will have much to feel ashamed of. Those who fear for their political survival should be finding a way to jump ship and line up with the voices of truth before the inevitable happens.

Need of the system
Action
Department of Special ED in Melrose is a disgrace it falls on PWL in the business world she would have been fired.I have dealt with this piece of garbage. I hired a advocate 6 years ago my child 's ed plan was not met and was bullied by special Ed teacher. Melrose paid for private school. You want to change this School System do something stop writing on this board. Follow Boston Latins example parents picket. They got their Superentant to step down.

Its in the teachers contract they can not picket. This is why CT puts special needs teachers like Mr. Bates in the system.

I wish we could picket we would be able to show what we really mean. And stop this crap.

Pink slips for all teachers.

picket
I wish we could picket we would be able to show what we really mean. And stop this crap.
Follow Boston Latins example parents picket. They got their Superentant to step down.The community needs to get involved.How many times does the SC have to violate the law, get caught and be able to get away with it?

1 2 3