Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Open Meeting Law Complaint - Again

Just found out that a Melrose resident has filed an Open Meeting Law complaint against our illustrious school committee. Here we go again!

Why is it these people have trouble posting notices about meetings? I think that Driscoll has 2 degrees and of course our in-house felon has at least two degrees, along with our Mayor! Oh...I know the answer - the law doesn't apply to them - makes sense - doesn't it?

Re: Open Meeting Law Complaint - Again

Detective Green: Do you know more specifically what the complaint is? I didn't see posted on the AG's website.

Inquiry
Detective Green: Do you know more specifically what the complaint is? I didn't see posted on the AG's website.

It was just submitted!

Two MCAD cases were filed this summer. Another one from two months earlier. An EEOC complaint. An internal investigation on that same teacher SC. Apparently it takes three months to conduct an investigation and still no finding. Liars, liars, liars and close to the biggest one is MBM along with CT, MD, PWL and KB.

Detective Green
Just found out that a Melrose resident has filed an Open Meeting Law complaint against our illustrious school committee. Here we go again!

Why is it these people have trouble posting notices about meetings? I think that Driscoll has 2 degrees and of course our in-house felon has at least two degrees, along with our Mayor! Oh...I know the answer - the law doesn't apply to them - makes sense - doesn't it?

Raw intelligence is what it is. You're either smart or you're not. Degree or no degree, I think it makes no difference. I feel like I borrowed $100,000 and am no smarter now than before. I wish i went into the trades or the military haha, no joke. $100,000 and for what? A piece of paper.

Detective Green

We just went through this with the Attorney General's Office only a year ago: The school administration and School Committee chair were attempting to cover up the Federal Office of Civil Rights investigation.
The State Attorney General's conclusion:

"We find that the Committee violated the Open Meeting Law by failing to notice the subject of its February 12 executive session and by failing to publicly 
disclose the subject of its discussion prior to entering into executive sessionduring the February 12 meeting. We order the Committee's immediate and future 
compliance with the Open Meeting Law, and caution the Committee that a similar future violation may be considered evidence of an intentional violation of the Law." 

It's stunning how brazen these idiots are!

Yes, and there has been a steady flow of violations found against the SC, including two caused by Driscoll & Thorp during Superintendent search for CT, more along with way, including Thorp twice having to "apologize" publicly to Gerry Mroz, twice where they held meetings behind literal locked doors (among other violations that weren't even filed)... and on and on. It is absolutely disgusting the contempt shown by these officials, with the full complicity of their legal counsel, over and over again. And let's not forget these legal eagles claiming it was appropriate to charge the superintendent's boss, a member of the School Committee (CKK) over $8,000 for access to documents she had full authority to view. It's no wonder that Mrs. K called them out in total disgust in their failures to hold CT accountable for the OCR, among other things, and then resigned because she refused to sit in that half-shell of law-breaking contemptuous fools, especially after they passed their McCarthyist fascist "Norms" to silence any dissent. One of these days there will be justice and these creeps will be held to some kind of accountability, but it's too little too late for those of us who are paying the taxes (and legal expenses), and for those (including many of the best and brightest--hence a huge and recurring brain drain) who finally give up and pay double by sending their children to private or parochial schools. But meanwhile they just continue playing their games and going through their charades--all at our expense and that of the students they are supposed to serve. Disgusting and shameful.

These people have no shame! How can Taymore and Driscoll look people in the eyes and say that they are for educational excellence when they lack a basic understanding of transparency and honesty towards the residents of Melrose. They are truly the bureaucrats of the 21 st Century - beholding to no one - not even to those who elected them. They are self-serving, power-hungry, and dishonest - what a legacy!

What about the search for the principal at the Roosevelt. CT asked teachers for their input

on who they liked out of the two candidates. Guess what the sneaky CT did picked the

opposite of what the teachers wanted.

CT
What about the search for the principal at the Roosevelt. CT asked teachers for their input

on who they liked out of the two candidates. Guess what the sneaky CT did picked the

opposite of what the teachers wanted.

Taymore is corrupt - she demonstrates this regularly - this is only one instance. Why asks for input - then ignore it? When you are arrogant, self-serving, with no commitment to educational excellence - this is what you get - clear & simple!

Thank you for your remarks. Now,the Roosevelt gets what it gets and don't get upset. MBM came from a Haverhill school that just went up to the 4th grade. Also, she was only assistance principle. Call Haverhill and ask the employees what their experience with her was. I am sure you will not like the results.

You are right on it! Melrose needs principals that have taught for a long time. All the new principals have never been a principal. So its about the money and not the children.

The administration has duped all of us and the revolving door just goes around and around again and again. The override did not pass and the mayor and super are scrambling for $$$.

"The override did not pass and the mayor and super are scrambling for $$$. "

Nope, RD just stated that the "modulars" will be paid for out of this year's city budget, to the tune of $4+ million. Any "budget" that has this kind of dough sitting in slush funds isn't a budget at all, and this proves absolutely the corruption that underlines everything here.

Nah
"The override did not pass and the mayor and super are scrambling for $$$. "

Nope, RD just stated that the "modulars" will be paid for out of this year's city budget, to the tune of $4+ million. Any "budget" that has this kind of dough sitting in slush funds isn't a budget at all, and this proves absolutely the corruption that underlines everything here.

The money likely came from the inflated water/sewer bills we have all been screwed on. A drought is a good thing for the city. It means more water and sewer use which translates into more money for the City. Melrose is supposed to be a green city. SA person is employed and paid for by the city to be in charge of conservation. This summer there was never any conservation of water issued for Melrose. Wonder why? More money for the city at the expense of the residents.

The city didn't shut off the sprinklers on the city properties all summer. They ran every night. They're running in the rain even today. No attempt at conservation at all.

They don't care because none of the money for water is in their budget. They steal it from the residents of Melrose.

City Exploitation
The city didn't shut off the sprinklers on the city properties all summer. They ran every night. They're running in the rain even today. No attempt at conservation at all.

They don't care because none of the money for water is in their budget. They steal it from the residents of Melrose.

😡

I will be voting yes on question 2. I am happy to say I have a senior graduating this year, not from MHS.

Who cares; your kid is an outsider in his/her own city...and so are you. Your kid wasn't missed. Perhaps he/she will be lucky enough to join some of the MHS graduates that are in the Ivy league schools.
Vote however you like.

Disgusting: "Who cares; your kid is an outsider in his/her own city...and so are you. Your kid wasn't missed. Perhaps he/she will be lucky enough to join some of the MHS graduates that are in the Ivy league schools." Crawl back into your dark hole, Vuvu/Clown. You dishonor your community with every posting.

Who cares
Who cares; your kid is an outsider in his/her own city...and so are you. Your kid wasn't missed. Perhaps he/she will be lucky enough to join some of the MHS graduates that are in the Ivy league schools.
Vote however you like.

Turns out that "Who Cares" has small hands just like another loser we all know. Ain't that a surprise.

CARPET
The administration has duped all of us and the revolving door just goes around and around again and again. The override did not pass and the mayor and super are scrambling for $$$.

The mayor takes the money from the school department.

Are you kidding? The Mayor has added millions of dollars of city side money to the school side for the past 4 years! The cutback in state and federal monies has caused him to do this.

Trumped
Who cares
Vote however you like.

Turns out that "Who Cares" has small hands just like another loser we all know. Ain't that a surprise.

I did not have sexual relationship with that women! The President of the United States of America William Bill Clinton.

I understand there was an Executive session of the school committee tonight to discuss Another filing of an Open Meeting Law complaint. Does anyone know what the issue was?

Stupidity in action
I understand there was an Executive session of the school committee tonight to discuss Another filing of an Open Meeting Law complaint. Does anyone know what the issue was?

Consider making this a separate post so people see it. I want to know too. Meeting means circling the wagons to coordinate the lies.

Getting Ready for More Lies
Stupidity in action

Consider making this a separate post so people see it. I want to know too. Meeting means circling the wagons to coordinate the lies.

The meeting agenda noted that it was Gerry Mroz who filed it. He has an excellent case which no doubt will show another instance where this outlaw school committee violated the Open Meeting Law - nothing new folks - just a continuation of the Margaret Driscoll reign of public violations - she learned will from her mentor and former committee chair Kristin Thorp! And you may ask what happens to previous chairs of an outlaw school committee - they become high-paying heads of non-profits or city departments - next stop for Driscoll - school business manager at greater than $134K! Can't beat that for public service! Beats the dreaded private sector any day!

Oh, the recent complaint was filed by a former SC candidate that was repudiated by the voters of Melrose. For a second I thought it was something serious. Just more sour grapes.

Oh
Oh, the recent complaint was filed by a former SC candidate that was repudiated by the voters of Melrose. For a second I thought it was something serious. Just more sour grapes.
Do you mean Gerry Mroz? He is far from just a failed SC candidate.

This community is lucky to have Mr. Mroz because he is willing to speak up publicly. So publicly that Margaret Driscoll makes sure that he doesn't get heard & the others such as Duggan contort their sour puss faces because they might have to act ethically if they were to listen.

I hope the SC is found in violation due to a complaint filed by him.

Didn't I read somewhere that he tried to warn people about the water billing but as usual, no one wanted to listen?

Did you see him explain in detail why he was against any spending for portable classrooms and again mentioned the water fiasco? This guy has it all together and can articulate issues so eloquently that anyone can understand the issues. The fact that he was not voted onto the school committee is a failure of the electorate not Gerry! I personally think he is more effective as an outsider than an insider!

Also, Margaret Driscoll - please note that the BOA gave Gerry about 20 minutes to speak during the public session! But we all know that Driscoll despises the public session since she finds it difficult to accept constructive criticism! Can't wait for her to retire from public service - some people don't know when to quit - perhaps it will happen when she stops hearing angels!

Gerry should consider bringing his information to the Melrose Community FB pages where a dialog on the issues can occur. The moderators are biased (what's new this is Melrose) but it's at least an opportunity for people to discuss the issues rather than having the gavel slammed down on you mid sentence during the SC meetings.

Note to Gerry
Gerry should consider bringing his information to the Melrose Community FB pages where a dialog on the issues can occur. The moderators are biased (what's new this is Melrose) but it's at least an opportunity for people to discuss the issues rather than having the gavel slammed down on you mid sentence during the SC meetings.

Sad to say - they would never allow such a dialogue on their Facebook Community page - that's how corrupt the system is! I've tried to start such a dialogue - it goes into hyper-space!

So here we are - public outcry is muted because who we have elected to office in all these governmental bodies:

School Committee: they discourage public dialogue during public comments - by ignoring and not discussing feedback from the public - they hold so called public forums when only previewed and written comments are required to be submitted, and they decide which ones will be responded to, retribution of the school admin against parents who complain about the treatment to their children;

Board of Aldermen: They listen to public comments but never take any action executed in response to public feedback - essentially majority of the aldermen ignoring public concerns, follow the Mayor's wishes in lock-step, and continuing their own self-interests and personal pursuits since most of them are either lawyers working in the city or are heads of major organizations doing business in the city;

Mayor: whose philosophy is "my way, or the highway", bullies our weak school committee members to push his personal agenda, listens to no one since he is the smartest one in the room (sound familiar?).

And people wonder why many citizens are frustrated with our leadership?

Hooray for melrosemessages - the only true public vehicle to voice our opinions - anonymously as they are!

There is a fairly lengthy and involved discussion on Water happening on the community FB page now. It's not censored.

Take a look
There is a fairly lengthy and involved discussion on Water happening on the community FB page now. It's not censored.

I've been following one on the community page about the ridiculous sports fees increases. It's a good place to make more people aware.

Take a look

Not yet. The moment anyone says anything not acceptable to Jihanna et al. (even if it is true and even if it is not obscene/vulgar) the post will be removed. The "moderators" are very much in synch with city and schools administrators most of the time, all about the self-congratulatory and goodie-goodie and not interested in how truly terrible and actually illegal many things are. Their so-called "rules" are inconsistently applied, especially if the poster they want removed is critical of city leaders. Their group is crawling with the hard-core defenders of the administration and most of the officials themselves or their reps (Betsey Busybody, Edith IadoreROBandHaveNothingBetterToDo, GreenGroverIworshipROBtool, ANGELSinHERheadMartiniMargaret, Lisa and Jen Windup MEFtoys, MrMalcontentWannabeDonLemon and his snarling spouse AnnofGreenGarbles, Cheryl RingDingDumDumIHeartEverythingRobbie, and most of the worst of them. If they like you, you're in and you can say basically anything you want, even if it is overtly hostile, patently untrue, and obviously crosses lines of appropriateness and civility. If they don't like you, one way or another your input will be squashed or removed altogether. But sure, have at it. If you throw in a cat picture or say where you get the best yoga mats, you should be okay.

Just don't count on that "discussion" to entail any factual representations, especially for anything more complicated than who has the best pizza toppings, you're good. Certainly don't expect those few real and honest advocates for Melrose citizens to be posting there. Those few put themselves out there publicly and openly on everyone's behalf, even when they get routinely $hat on by the power abusers of the city. You want to find out the true facts about the Water and Sewer situation or school concerns or basically anything about the true state of affairs, you should know very easily who you can contact or listen to or read factual materials from, and those citizens are friendly, easy to find, generous with their time, and happy to share what they know. But hey, if you'd rather play in the shark tank and think you're getting the straight scoop, go for it.

Glad the previous poster confirmed what I had said in my previous post. All you naive Community FB people - grow up and get real! The only honesty you get in Melrose is from this message board! This has been proven time and time again. Now go back to Mayor Dolan and tell him that!

The message board isn't a primary source. Different primary sources post here. There are some truths you find nowhere else told on this board but many falsehoods among them. Nothing against the message board. It doesn't police the posts.

The previous poster wrote that you can get good information directly from the people who speak publically at the city meetings shown on Ch. 38. I called them both because I didn't get something they said. They were both very open about the real facts and the dirt the city doesn't want us to know. I trust them over the talking heads from the city.

I disagree about the community page. I just read through the entire post on the fee increases for school athletics on FB and it was pretty harsh. It didn't seem like anyone was mincing words about their feelings. Perhaps people are a bit more careful with insults, etc. when they write on FB vs. this board because it is not anonymous. Maybe it is VALUABLE to know who is saying what so when you see them in the community - or if they run for office you understand their positions.

I think it's good to read all the boards and the paper and talk to people who are in the know. I don't know who Gerry is that was referenced earlier, but if he is such a good source of information I think it would be valuable to read what he thinks.

Are there actual falsehoods on here? Lies? Or people's statement of their experience as they experienced it? They may be an unreliable narrator but it's their truth as they know it & believe it.

The community Facebook board, although not anonymous, is the same, people expressing their truth. There are pet posters there that are applauded and pet subjects that get censored. Other subjects such as HS sports are less likely to be censored because the birth to five crowd doesn't care about HS sports fees yet.

The water bills drew widespread outrage there. In the beginning a certain mod Jh W was a city apologist but the folks speaking up included her new to Melrose crowd so she stopped her nonsense.

Jh W is also a racist.Some on here won't care but she is. Read between the lines of her posts.

Just heard the track teams fee went up 105.00 more dollars this year. Who's pocket is that going into?

Still hopping and will continue ur under Driscoll. We need a whole new school committee.