Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New technology employees

My understanding is, when positions open within the city
they have to be posted within. I have heard that the new tech
person "Neal" has hired directly from his previous
area of Wilmington. What happened to
posting the job within the district and then out to the public.
I know we have a very good group school side
That could do that job. Research on this individual
Hasn't turned up good reviews, and now we are back to making it a "good ol
Boys" ' group working in the district.

Where is the respect for the employees who have dedicated
Much time to Melrose. What did it get them,
Certainly not a fair shot at a new job.

Re: New technology employees

Concernedcitizen
My understanding is, when positions open within the city
they have to be posted within. I have heard that the new tech
person "Neal" has hired directly from his previous
area of Wilmington. What happened to
posting the job within the district and then out to the public.
I know we have a very good group school side
That could do that job. Research on this individual
Hasn't turned up good reviews, and now we are back to making it a "good ol
Boys" ' group working in the district.

Where is the respect for the employees who have dedicated
Much time to Melrose. What did it get them,
Certainly not a fair shot at a new job.

Sounds like a clear violation of the law! But then - this is Melrose!

Its a inside job that's what Melrose is known for. They let all persons come to interview at the rosie for the secretaries job when they already knew. That's Melrose for you....

I was dropping my son off this morning and was discussing with a faculty member about if my son could use his own chrome book. After a long conversation we got to discussing the new IT director. They informed me that several IT staff have left in a short time frame since the new director has started and he's replaced every position with his own friends. I never saw a singke position get posted yet and as someone who lives here and works for another town, I would love to have been given the opportunity to apply for one of those positions. Isn't there something in the ethics tests that states it's against the law? Also, I'm concerned because that means that several people have left the department since he started. When all staff in a department jump ship in a short time it's not usually a coincidence...

Concerned Dad
I was dropping my son off this morning and was discussing with a faculty member about if my son could use his own chrome book. After a long conversation we got to discussing the new IT director. They informed me that several IT staff have left in a short time frame since the new director has started and he's replaced every position with his own friends. I never saw a singke position get posted yet and as someone who lives here and works for another town, I would love to have been given the opportunity to apply for one of those positions. Isn't there something in the ethics tests that states it's against the law? Also, I'm concerned because that means that several people have left the department since he started. When all staff in a department jump ship in a short time it's not usually a coincidence...

The IT guy was only following his boss's CT) MO - get the job - fire the previous staff - and hire your friends! Nothing to see here folks - move along!

Concerned Dad

My understanding is that all positions MUST be posted. In the district where I work, we have had a hard time hiring a support teacher for the elementary libraries. We hired someone and she only worked two days, and then got offered a position somewhere else and took it. I was told that we couldn't just call back some of the previous candidates- that we would have to start over and re-post the position starting at square one. If we had to do that for such a small position, I would think the IT positions would have to be posted as well. Maybe someone should ask about this and inform the appropriate agency if things are being done behind the scenes.
Same old, same old.

This superintendent needs to go.

We are way behind other districts technology wise. Eight years ago Burlington gave each hs student an iPad. We have nothing.