Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PR Firm Buys Another Award

Driscoll was just named to the State "All Star" SC. This is proof that the PR firm gal (former Free Press Hack and RD "flirting partner") Jessica is doing her job. Last year the PR firm bought CT the "Super Superintendant" Honor. Now, we have MD named to a state wide all star team of SC members!!!! Another "Award" bought and paid for with our tax dollars. The way the SC is run under this political nut job's "leadership" is why I am voting YES on the Charter ?

Re: PR Firm Buys Another Award

Oh my not again this is how it works if you are a greedy city. The same thing with Hillary everyone knows Wall Street has this election won for her. Its called a inside job and its done if you are greedy and need a boost. Melrose is so greedy in every way even by making the employees so desperate and unhappy. The World Series went to the seventh game for money and that's a inside job too. It's all about the money everywhere but mostly in Melrose.

My sentiments exactly.

Wow - what an honor for her! Makes me wonder how bad the others are on that list if she made it! Can we do a trade with another district - we'll give you Driscoll for a player to be named later - and we would get the better of that deal!

This is astounding. Except that I'm certain that if I researched this award the shenanigans behind it would become obvious. Margaret Driscoll is one of the vilest figures in Melrose.

http://www.masc.org/about-us-3/awards/all-state-school-committee

https://mobile.twitter.com/MASCSchoolComm/status/794682968124100609/photo/1

What makes this funny is that Margaret Driscoll is the opposite of all the characteristics listed in 5.

Phoney FAH
http://www.masc.org/about-us-3/awards/all-state-school-committee

https://mobile.twitter.com/MASCSchoolComm/status/794682968124100609/photo/1

What makes this funny is that Margaret Driscoll is the opposite of all the characteristics listed in 5.

Thanks for referencing this sites - very informative. Needless to say, the requirements for this award are about as "wishy-washy" and lack any sense of exceptional performance standards that reduces the award to partisanship! What a phony award!

It is a "make me feel good" award just typical of today's educational system in the state - bland, unimpressive, and lacking a commitment to educational excellence!

The MASCS should be ashamed of themselves for even indulging in such self-ingratiating platitudes!

So MASC is rewards a school committee chair who is currently responsible along with the superintendent of schools of:

Deliberately trying to cover up two active Office of Civil Rights investigations against the District.

Repeatedly violating the State's Open Meeting Laws

Deliberately scheming to prevent disclosure of OCR legal costs to school committee members and the taxpayers, resulting in admonishment by the Public Records Division of the Secretary of States Office.

Actively in violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g laws for illegally disclosing student personal information (names, outplacements and tuition costs of SPED students) on the school committee website and then further failing to remove the prohibited information after falsely assuring the public in the local paper that the information had been removed.

Repeatedly mistreating Melrose citizens speaking during public comment period (you can witness this on MMTV school committee reruns for yourself).

Did I miss anything?

Celebrating misconduct
So MASC is rewards a school committee chair who is currently responsible along with the superintendent of schools of:

Deliberately trying to cover up two active Office of Civil Rights investigations against the District.

Repeatedly violating the State's Open Meeting Laws

Deliberately scheming to prevent disclosure of OCR legal costs to school committee members and the taxpayers, resulting in admonishment by the Public Records Division of the Secretary of States Office.

Actively in violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g laws for illegally disclosing student personal information (names, outplacements and tuition costs of SPED students) on the school committee website and then further failing to remove the prohibited information after falsely assuring the public in the local paper that the information had been removed.

Repeatedly mistreating Melrose citizens speaking during public comment period (you can witness this on MMTV school committee reruns for yourself).

Did I miss anything?

With that kind of a resume - Margaret Driscoll should be voted "Citizen of the Year" award by the MASC! After all - as she likes to say, "It's all about the kids"!

I canceled your vote.[:))]

I want one fraudenly services.

Why the lack of transparency? Do they not want the public to know .

Driscoll: Another Ethics-fail for Melrose. MASC not far behind. And the beat goes on.

"So MASC give an award to a school committee chair who is currently responsible (along with the superintendent of schools) of:

-Deliberately trying to cover up two active Office of Civil Rights investigations against the District.

-Repeatedly violating the State's Open Meeting Laws.

-Deliberately scheming to prevent disclosure of OCR legal costs to school committee members and the taxpayers, resulting in admonishment by the Public Records Division of the Secretary of States Office.

-Actively in violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g laws for illegally disclosing student personal information (names, outplacements and tuition costs of SPED students) on the school committee website and then further failing to remove the prohibited information after falsely assuring the public in the local paper that the information had been removed.

Repeatedly mistreating Melrose citizens speaking during public comment period (you can witness this on MMTV school committee re-runs for yourself).