Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
Paraprofessionals

Watched some of the budget mtg Tues and heard Ms. Driscoll state she wanted to cut the remaining 5 paraprofessionals and hire a new administrator! I hope this did not pass!

Re: Paraprofessionals

They are useless and talk about the students, staff, teachers, and most of them want brownie points from management. You should see how they play up to the principals in some of the schools phony paras.[Wacko][Wacko]

Get rid of the paras they cause more stress on the teachers and we don't want them in the classroom. I am a first year teacher and I don't like having any interruptions in the class.

With that attitude your first year, I don't think you will be here very long!!You must have a little control issue!

I am a first year teacher and I do not want anyone in my class room. Can't wait till the students have no IEPs anymore. Paras gossip and tell the teachers everything going on in the system. They make no money and are not nice people.

Para #2
With that attitude your first year, I don't think you will be here very long!!You must have a little control issue!

That's what Melrose is hiring teachers with attitude! Then paras have to put up with this $hit for 12 dollars a hour. All because the super hired 3rd draft teachers.

I am a para. Have been for quite a while. I love my job and I consider myself a very nice person. I think you are the unkind one and I feel bad for your para. Why don't you tell your principal you don't need a para, that you can do it all yourself?

You are not telling the truth. You like being in my room anymore than I want you in my room. Teachers like to use paras for certain things. Paras are the information seekers and spread the gossip. The paras need to expirer soon. Maybe CT will finally listen to what MD said at SC meetings. Let the paras go!

Honestly I think we need to let YOU go! First year teaching. I can only imagine what you will be like next year!!

wrong
Para #2

That's what Melrose is hiring teachers with attitude! Then paras have to put up with this $hit for 12 dollars a hour. All because the super hired 3rd round draft for teachers.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN THE CITY OF MELROSE.

New teachers have no compassion for what good paras can do in a class room or help with a child. I am a compassion para and never had a complaint from a parent, teacher or students. The many years I have been working have notice the lack of confidents first year teachers have. Put me with a experience teacher anytime.

para # 3
New teachers have no compassion for what good paras can do in a class room or help with a child. I am a compassion para and never had a complaint from a parent, teacher or students. The many years I have been working have notice the lack of confidents first year teachers have. Place me with a experience teacher anytime.

I am a compassionate para to all children.

I am a retired teacher and I did not trust many paras in my class room. I felt they were in the room and did not really care about the child. One para not to be graphic but had the worst booze breath you could never forget. I told the principal not to give me that para again. That's all she would talk about is drinking and more drinking.

para # 3
New teachers have no compassion for what good paras can do in a class room or help with a child. I am a compassion para and never had a complaint from a parent, teacher or students. The many years I have been working have notice the lack of confidents first year teachers have. Put me with a experience teacher anytime.

If this is the best you can manage for writing skills, you should do everyone a favor and stay home.

Thinking before you speak or do something. It's about knowing that every day, the choices we make can and will affect our lives. It's about being accountable for our choices in life. We have the right to make our decisions every day, and every day is a new day. But will the school committee make good decisions and the superintendent Cyndy Taymore?

So - should I spend a bunch of time going back and counting how many time this same post has been made in different strings under different screen names? Nah.

I have been a para for many, many years. I must say that as a new teacher you are very unappreciative for all the work the paras do. Where would you be without the paras help? I think you need to do a reality check. Not sure how long you will teach with this attitude.

Para
I have been a para for many, many years. I must say that as a new teacher you are very unappreciative for all the work the paras do. Where would you be without the paras help? I think you need to do a reality check. Not sure how long you will teach with this attitude.

I highly doubt a teacher posted any of this.

Voices of truth
Thinking before you speak or do something. It's about knowing that every day, the choices we make can and will affect our lives. It's about being accountable for our choices in life. We have the right to make our decisions every day, and every day is a new day. But will the school committee make good decisions and the superintendent Cyndy Taymore?

Ok GB we heard you on all the strings and you should be the first to practice what you preach.

Para #2
I am a para. Have been for quite a while. I love my job and I consider myself a very nice person. I think you are the unkind one and I feel bad for your para. Why don't you tell your principal you don't need a para, that you can do it all yourself?

Please send your para to my kindergarten class. I would love to have a extra hand in my room. I know its hard to have another adult in your room. Teachers can not even co-teach because they never get along with the other teacher so they stopped it.

Why the lack of transparency? Do they not want the public to know how many paras they employ?

Every parent in the district has a right to know who is working in their childrens' schools and classrooms, especially since the district hires primarily local residents. I may not want my child in a classroom with my neighbor, or their peer's mom, or a family friend, for privacy reasons. I have that right.

?
Why the lack of transparency? Do they not want the public to know how many paras they employ?

Every parent in the district has a right to know who is working in their childrens' schools and classrooms, especially since the district hires primarily local residents. I may not want my child in a classroom with my neighbor, or their peer's mom, or a family friend, for privacy reasons. I have that right.

Paraprofessionals not listed under staff . All other employees are.

Teachers never stand by the paras only talk how they work to each other. Instead paras will do anything to stand by the teachers. That is why we need to never go into the teachers union because teachers stick with teachers.

Hmmmm....
So - should I spend a bunch of time going back and counting how many time this same post has been made in different strings under different screen names? Nah.

You are part of the problem and are consider a phony para! This MM is freedom of speech and the truth hurts. The paras just gossip and play up to the teachers and management. Keep up the gossip they are talking about you.

Hmmmm....

You should GB take the time and do what you do best. You are not a team player along with your peers.

Paras are the best people in the schools for students to feel comfortable around. I like helping students in the school so they feel a sense of caring.

Re: Parap

I'm amazed because all I see is compassionate Para professionals. They work diligently with thieir children and go beyond what most parents do. I've worked in the schools and just don't understand. They are not paid appropriately for thir job but try to go over and above. Especially when they are pulled out to substitute when teachers and other paraprofessionals are absent.

Finally someone who has seen first hand what we do. Most Paras I know care very much for the students they work with or they wouldn't be there. Don't believe all the negative comments because they are not true. We make next to nothing, but do the job because we love to work with children. Don't come back and say we have Summers off, vacations, etc etc. We do it because we want to.

You all do a good job.Thank you residents.

It just bothers me. These children on IEP's are the Paraprofessionals first concern. Yet, they are pulled out to substitute for absent teachers then our children are left without a compatantat person to handle their needs. That means the teacher has to neglect thieir class to pay a majority of their attention to one child. How do they get their job done and complete their curriculum?

It is time to Call for the resignation of Cyndy Taymore?

Concerned parent
It just bothers me. These children on IEP's are the Paraprofessionals first concern. Yet, they are pulled out to substitute for absent teachers then our children are left without a compatantat person to handle their needs. That means the teacher has to neglect thieir class to pay a majority of their attention to one child. How do they get their job done and complete their curriculum?
No way the can do the job.

Repair
Concerned parent
Why isn't this the big story?

Melrose Satisfied
Repair
Concerned parent

This is the reason they hire all Melrose residents. No outsiders to spread the truth in fear of losing your job. Parents need to speak up to the teachers who are allowing this too. Teachers who are the children liaison should be spoken to by the parents for this oversight and neglect on a IEP student.

Melrose Satisfied
Repair
Concerned parent

Paras in some case will not tell unless it effects them. When you are making money you will never talk. The administration will keep giving you jobs so you will never talk. No you have it wrong its the teachers first concern they can lose their teachers license. If a student has a IEP you are saying when the childs para is pulled "it is what it is" BS!!!

Para's go on to Beat Bullying.Org you need to be less aggressive and stop thinking you have a teachers degree STOP.

B.B.org
Para's go on to Beat Bullying.Org you need to be less aggressive and stop thinking you have a teachers degree STOP.

Leave the paraprofessionals alone. They work hard for their paycheck!

The last pink slips came from Dr. Charlie Martin 2001. The paras work hard and most teachers never support them. The teachers in most cases take them for granted. Paraprofessionals in so many cases do a lot more than what is to be done for so little pay.

Time to let some paraprofessionals go and hire more teachers in the schools.

Paras I am with the teachers union which is very weak now also. The teachers can not take on the paras you need to elect a president. I am very confused why you went to the superintendent to get permission to have a union meeting. This is a joke MR you are starting this to have management give you what ever you want. The meeting brought all the desperate paras that are not liking there position or principal. This now make the union even weaker to have gone to the superintendent who is management bad move to the middle school.

I hope you are not an English teacher!

union
Paras I am with the teachers union which is very weak now also. The teachers can not take on the paras you need to elect a president. I am very confused why you went to the superintendent to get permission to have a union meeting. This is a joke MR you are starting this to have management give you what ever you want. The meeting brought all the desperate paras that are not liking there position or principal. This now make the union even weaker to have gone to the superintendent who is management bad move to the middle school.

HUH ?

These people have no shame! How can Taymore and Driscoll look people in the eyes and say that they are for educational excellence when they lack a basic understanding of transparency and honesty towards the residents of Melrose.

pink slips
The last pink slips came from Dr. Charlie Martin 2001. The paras work hard and most teachers never support them. The teachers in most cases take them for granted. Paraprofessionals in so many cases do a lot more than what is to be done for so little pay.

Good evening to all of you. I have a big question for Margaret Driscoll, melrose school committee, our mayor Dolan and all of you at home. For me it seems like they are not thinking about education anymore, they're thinking about adding people to the administration which is top heavy. I'm going to refer to these people who help out in the classroom to people who enjoy what they're doing and they care about the kids. They don't get paid a lot of money, and when I hear elected officials possibly talking about eliminating them, the big question becomes, what is their agenda? Yes folks, I'm asking that question, what is Margaret Driscoll's agenda. Is she trying to prepare herself to move up the ladder to be business manager, sooner then later? That's the way that I look at it. It's only a thought, and an opinion. But the bigger concern here is, is the education of every single child that attends the melrose public school system. Lets shine a little more light on this, it's not about the teachers being against the peers, or the peers against the teachers. This is really about education here. So I would say to every family in melrose, please make sure you call the mayors office and let him know how you feel about this. And make sure you call everybody on the school committee, I know from my own personal experience, paraprofessionals really do a good job. Some folks might not like what I'm saying, but it's time to make your opinions known to all, not just the school committee, board of alderman, our mayor,and our superintendent. Education is important and for those of who have forgotten about it, shame on you. What's more important, having another administration person or having paraprofessionals? I think that it is important that we use every avenue that we have available to educate every student and any student that has an IEP where the paraprofessional can come into play. It's sad when we have elected officials that don't really look at the big picture. Maybe because their children never had any difficulties in school. Please do not think that I am stepping over the line because I am sure as hell not. This is Melrose, sometimes you need to spell it out very clearly to all. So for those of you that think that you all have the answers, think again. What do I mean by that? Everyone of you should think of it as your own child being educated here. This is not about pointing fingers at one another. This is not about the teachers union. Sticking up for paraprofessionals, why change something if it has been working for all these years? The only thing that I can think of, is that melrose public school systems, under our current superintendent hasn't thought about or seeked the funds to teach a lot of these children in house instead of sending them to other places. Maybe because it seems to me that they just like to create more administration jobs. It's just an opinion. So let's all wake up. And ask the interesting question; what is important here in melrose for an education. Hiring more teachers or hiring more administration folks that do not deal with the children. Okay folks, I'm looking forward to hearing about your comments and thoughts.

MTA union member against union members? What is happening to the strongest union state in the USA.

Did they cut paraprofessionals again?

The last pink slips came from Dr. Charlie Martin 2001. The paras work hard and most teachers never support them.

Margaret is talking 6 paras to get pink slips.

maybe
Margaret is talking 6 paras to get pink slips.
Not good

union

Any union member who goes to the superintendent to request to use the schools email server to notify paraprofessionals of an up coming meeting has an agenda. They are working in collaboration with management. The email which was sent to all paraprofessionals in all schools contained confidential and sensitive information that management should not be included in. They are up to no good. You are fooling no one. Those two, MR & GS, are and have been in cahoots with management and in their pockets for years looking to sell out any fellow member if management wants them to. Why would someone do this? To get in, or so they think, with CT AND receive compensation and not just monetary. They are under the belief that being a rat they are now invited in to the inner circle but in reality are being used by management to do their dirty work. Other paras have been doing this for years like KB, who. got a teacher at the HM fired and a para at MHS fired too. KB has reaped many rewards. Anyone who perpetrates inexcusable actions like this against any coworkers who are fellow union members are despicable and should be throw out of the union. We all know who they are, what their true intentions really are and think you are scum.

In managements pocket
union

Any union member who goes to the superintendent to request to use the schools email server to notify paraprofessionals of an up coming meeting has an agenda. They are working in collaboration with management. The email which was sent to all paraprofessionals in all schools contained confidential and sensitive information that management should not be included in. They are up to no good. You are fooling no one. Those two, MR & GS, are and have been in cahoots with management and in their pockets for years looking to sell out any fellow member if management wants them to. Why would someone do this? To get in, or so they think, with CT AND receive compensation and not just monetary. They are under the belief that being a rat they are now invited in to the inner circle but in reality are being used by management to do their dirty work. Other paras have been doing this for years like KB, who. got a teacher at the HM fired and a para at MHS fired too. KB has reaped many rewards. Anyone who perpetrates inexcusable actions like this against any coworkers who are fellow union members are despicable and should be throw out of the union. We all know who they are, what their true intentions really are and think you are scum.

This would never be allowed or condoned in a strong union. "If" this was done those involved should be brought before the tribunal and dealt with. Parasites.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7